Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lloyd R. Spanberger and Our Mission Revealed
While I was doing research on the highly secret Kodak Hawkeye Works (otherwise known as Bridgehead), I found a 2014 book called 'Our Mission Revealed' by Lloyd R. Spanberger.

Mr. Spanberger worked with the AFSPPF in the 1960's. The AFSPPF was the military equivalent to the civilian Hawkeye Works. Both worked on highly sensitive U-2 and satellite footage, and both kept secrets from each other. But based on his recent book, a number of people who left AFSPPF went to work for Kodak Hawkeye Works.

I've just started digging into his book (the Kindle version is only $3.99) and it has some fascinating facts and stories about what types of equipment and methods they had at their disposal in the 60's.

http://www.amazon.com/Our-Mission-Reveal...1499011180

But even more interesting to me is that Mr. Spanberger is still alive, and he spent several years interviewing former members of AFSPPF on their experiences for his book. And I'm guessing that he probably got a few stories of what went on inside of Hawkeye Works from those who worked at both.

So as far as I know, he might be the living person with some of the best insight into Hawkeye Works in the 60s, unless someone else was to publish their memoirs.

And given what what could have taken place at Hawkeye Works (or at AFSPPF for that matter) the weekend between JFK's assassination and his funeral with Zapruder's film, I wonder if anyone has contacted Mr. Spanberger to get his thoughts?
And here is a declassified official history of the Air Force Special Projects Production Facility (AFSPPF) at Westover AFB near Springfield, Mass.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/docum...olumeI.PDF

If the original Zapruder film truly was altered and recreated as as unlit 16mm film between the Brugioni and McMahon NPIC sessions, as some researchers believe, is it possible that this was done at AFSPPF instead of Hawkeye Works?

AFSPPF was doing the same or similar work on U-2 and satellite films (for the DoD instead of the CIA) and presumably had access to the same level of world-class equipment.

No answers, just some food for thought.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New breaches revealed in report that says Secret Service is ‘in crisis’ Richard Coleman 1 2,963 03-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Real Peace Corps Mission.. Bernice Moore 0 2,171 28-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Dave Perry revealed- Bob Fox Dawn Meredith 2 3,781 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Dean Hagerman