Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nov 24th - On This Date
Lee Harvey Oswald - husband, father of two, Marine Corps vet, probable US intelligence operative, convicted by authorities and the media without trial of single-handedly killing the President - is assassinated by a mob-connected strip joint owner in front of dozens of police officers and reporters.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Lee Harvey Oswald - husband, father of two, Marine Corps vet, probable US intelligence operative, convicted by authorities and the media without trial of single-handedly killing the President - is assassinated by a mob-connected strip joint owner in front of dozens of police officers and reporters.

On national television for all the world to witness.
No probable about it. I was 3 and had no clue and have no memory of my parents reacting.
On November 22, I was in my office in Orlando Florida, when my next door neighbor came in and said. "You goddam Texans just killed Kennedy" How right he was. I watched Tv for four straight days and saw the killing of Oswald live as it happened. My thoughts then as now was Ruby was part of the assassination team. I lived in Dallas from 1957 until early 1963. My girlfriend worked at the Vegas Club and we double dated with Candy Barr. I met Jack Ruby at the Vegas Club along with some of the gangsters of that era. I kept in contact with Candy from 1958 until her death. I am disappointed with both of the books written after her death. She and I discussed Ted Schwartz during the period, he was supposed to be writing her life story. She pulled her Barlow knife and kicked him out after they had recorded several hours of tapes. His book was written from the tapes.

When I returned to Dallas in 1966, I renewed my friendship with some of Ruby's friends including the bookies.

Hopefully, I will get my book out early next year on this subject.
Ahimsa….may you live in a world of non-forcefulness.
Tom Bowden Wrote:On November 22, I was in my office in Orlando Florida, when my next door neighbor came in and said. "You goddam Texans just killed Kennedy" How right he was. I watched Tv for four straight days and saw the killing of Oswald live as it happened. My thoughts then as now was Ruby was part of the assassination team. I lived in Dallas from 1957 until early 1963. My girlfriend worked at the Vegas Club and we double dated with Candy Barr. I met Jack Ruby at the Vegas Club along with some of the gangsters of that era. I kept in contact with Candy from 1958 until her death. I am disappointed with both of the books written after her death. She and I discussed Ted Schwartz during the period, he was supposed to be writing her life story. She pulled her Barlow knife and kicked him out after they had recorded several hours of tapes. His book was written from the tapes.

When I returned to Dallas in 1966, I renewed my friendship with some of Ruby's friends including the bookies.

Hopefully, I will get my book out early next year on this subject.

Definitely looking forward to your book Tom.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ruth Paine claims she heard March 20 as purchase date of rifle on the news 11/23 - really? David Josephs 4 4,007 29-07-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  "The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date Charles Drago 31 24,250 07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  mary moorman interview tues.24th..6.pm radio Bernice Moore 29 16,638 09-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore