Subject: Mary Moorman interview - 6 p.m. MDT on Tuesday, May 24

Mary Moorman interview

Click here:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20...an-JFK-Ass
assination-Photographer-Tells-Stood

or

http://tinyurl.com/3w2gbmx
Hi all,

The Brass Armadillo, where Mary Ann Moorman's interview took place on May 24, is only about half an hour from where I live, so I went down there for the webcast.

By now the interview has been posted to the iantique website, so I won't belabor any of that. But I did get to talk with Mrs. Moorman for a few minutes afterward.

First, I should point out I've never been interested in where Mary Moorman was standing when she took her famous photo, so my questions about that were probably not too incisive.

During the webcast, Moorman told interviewer Gary Stover that she stepped into the street twice, to take pictures of two motorcycle cops in the motorcade, both of whom she knew. Stover then asked if she stepped into the street for her JFK photo. My scribbled notes have her replying, "I'm pretty sure I stepped back just on the very edge of the curb to get on the grass." (This is more or less accurate but I should probably check it with the video.)

In any case, I thought this answer was a little ambiguous. She stepped back before or after taking the picture? Stepped back after taking one of the cop photos? So after the webcast, I asked her about this explicitly. She told me that she took the picture from the curb, adding that between the presidential limo and the motorcycle cops there wasn't a lot of room in the street. It wasn't safe.

One of the themes of the May 24 interview, it seemed to me, was discrediting Jean Hill. I know many find her a problematic witness. I don't have a strong opinion about her. Haven't read The Last Dissenting Witness.

I was especially interested in comparing the Hill and Moorman accounts of being taken to that press room by Jim Featherstone. In particular, I wanted to ask her about one Jean Hill's statements, which I re-read a few nights before in the WC volumes.

I'd scrawled an abridged version of this statement into my notes, which I read to Mrs. Moorman. Jean Hill is telling the WC about her encounter with a man she took to be a Secret Service agent. "They keep saying three shots," she testified telling this man. "I said, I know I heard more…he said, Mrs. Hill, we heard more shots too, but we have three wounds and we have three bullets, three shots is all that we are willing to say right now.'" [WC vol. 6, pp. 220-21.]

Moorman told me she had no recollection of this exchange. But she acknowledged the scene was very chaotic. She could have missed it.

I chatted briefly with Mrs. Moorman before the interview began, too. I found her sitting alone at a small table near the set, signing copies of her picture. They were being sold for two bucks, and I bought one. (I hesitate to relate this anecdote. I do not think Mrs. Moorman makes a habit of signing and selling cheap prints of the picture. The copy I bought had a Brass Armadillo sticker on back, so I think she was asked to do this signing.)
John - thank you for that first hand account. Much appreciated.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Hi Jan...and you are quite welcome. I wouldn't have missed it, not when it was so close. I posted a few pictures from this event to my Facebook page.
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:John - thank you for that first hand account. Much appreciated.

Like all of John's work: valuable and welcome.
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/ind...3.html#new

For the first time in all these years!...and quite a difference from what Jean Hill had to say on some points. Worth watching! I regret that many important questions I would have asked, were not. Anyway, it seems she is now open, at long last, to being interviewed.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I must admit, I'm a bit surprised no one has had an opinion on the interview yet [and the many missing questions [though I don't think the moderator was well enough informed to ask them - no conspiracy, for sure]. No questions on the lead car. No detailed re-questioning on the slow down of JFK Limo; no question as to why Hill and Moorman had such different versions of some events; no follow-ups on the many policemen she knew and interacted with at the time. Realize this was one of the MOST important witnesses, who chose for her own reasons to remain silent until now...how she wound up on a antique show I will never understand; but it seems to have a history of exploration of the Assassination. Jack White is one of the few who have had regular access to Moorman. Mack in his earlier incarnation [not the present one] is another. Few others have. While much is to be learned here; so much was missed...but if Moorman is now open to questioning, I'd hope someone with the knowledge, polite manner and funds to meet her in Dallas would do follow-up questions soon....and/or help find a location for her photo other than the sixth floor mausoleum.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I must admit, I'm a bit surprised no one has had an opinion on the interview yet [and the many missing questions [though I don't think the moderator was well enough informed to ask them - no conspiracy, for sure]. No questions on the lead car. No detailed re-questioning on the slow down of JFK Limo; no question as to why Hill and Moorman had such different versions of some events; no follow-ups on the many policemen she knew and interacted with at the time. Realize this was one of the MOST important witnesses, who chose for her own reasons to remain silent until now...how she wound up on a antique show I will never understand; but it seems to have a history of exploration of the Assassination. Jack White is one of the few who have had regular access to Moorman. Mack in his earlier incarnation [not the present one] is another. Few others have. While much is to be learned here; so much was missed...but if Moorman is now open to questioning, I'd hope someone with the knowledge, polite manner and funds to meet her in Dallas would do follow-up questions soon....and/or help find a location for her photo other than the sixth floor mausoleum.

Hey Pete have been meaning to check it out and go over it all. Been busy with this MJ-12 piece for Jim Di. All I can say is its great its here and she was a bit of a dish in her day and she aged well.
"In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992
Seamus Coogan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I must admit, I'm a bit surprised no one has had an opinion on the interview yet [and the many missing questions [though I don't think the moderator was well enough informed to ask them - no conspiracy, for sure]. No questions on the lead car. No detailed re-questioning on the slow down of JFK Limo; no question as to why Hill and Moorman had such different versions of some events; no follow-ups on the many policemen she knew and interacted with at the time. Realize this was one of the MOST important witnesses, who chose for her own reasons to remain silent until now...how she wound up on a antique show I will never understand; but it seems to have a history of exploration of the Assassination. Jack White is one of the few who have had regular access to Moorman. Mack in his earlier incarnation [not the present one] is another. Few others have. While much is to be learned here; so much was missed...but if Moorman is now open to questioning, I'd hope someone with the knowledge, polite manner and funds to meet her in Dallas would do follow-up questions soon....and/or help find a location for her photo other than the sixth floor mausoleum.

Hey Pete have been meaning to check it out and go over it all. Been busy with this MJ-12 piece for Jim Di. All I can say is its great its here and she was a bit of a dish in her day and she aged well.

Do take the time. Yes, she was very attractive in 1963, and I thought a nice and honest/believable person now. The main fault with the first interview in 47 years was not Moorman, but the questions asked [or not asked]. Despite this, much new [to me] information is included if you are 'experienced' [in the Hendricks sense]. The most interesting dynamic to me is the differences between Hill and Moorman on some important 'facts'. Interesting also is how the DPD, Sheriff, FBI, CIA, WC, SS and other have 'treated her'. Spy
Hi,

I don't know how literal you mean it when you say "no one has had an opinion on the [Moorman] interview yet"...since it was discussed, if briefly, in another thread.

The interview took place at an antiques mall in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, just outside of Denver. I live about half an hour away, so I drove down for the event, and posted some comments about it a day or two later.

This past Monday the show's host, Gary Stover, emailed me to ask if I would appear on the last installment of his month-long series of JFK-themed programs. I (reluctantly) agreed, and did it last night. You may not like that, either, since it didn't get into much depth and none of my comments were especially penetrating. This installment should be posted in the iantiques.com web site in another day or two.

Over the last ten or fifteen minutes we somehow got into a discussion of the events of Dealey Plaza. I said it's simple to demonstrate the WR version of events is bogus, but that establishing culpability is another matter. ANyway I anticipated this discussion and had some notes with me, so I think this part came off okay. I haven't seen the playback yet, though.

For what it's worth, I took pictures during the Moorman interview, and posted a few to my Facebook page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victoria Adams Interview By Mort Sahl 1966 Brian Doyle 1 261 05-01-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Oliver Stone interview Milo Reech 0 1,186 27-12-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Jeffries' Frazier interview Richard Gilbride 1 1,228 11-10-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy Jim DiEugenio 420 198,286 13-10-2019, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,565 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Post Script Episode 9: Black Op Radio Jim DiEugenio 2 15,133 14-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Bill Fite
  Stunning Interview with Mort Sahl Jim DiEugenio 1 4,810 28-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Last Post: James Lewis
  Did Katzenbach ever explain his now infamous memo either in his memoirs or interview? Edwin Ortiz 4 4,342 16-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  My FightBox interview on JFK, Tippit, document releases, etc. Joseph McBride 0 6,769 22-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Sylvia Meagher's interview on KPFK, January 1967 Paul Rigby 3 12,780 13-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio