Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign My JFK Act Petition? - Bill Kelly
To read and sign this petition, go to:

http://www.petitiononline.com/JFKACT/petition.html

Received this e-mail today. Please read.

Adele
-------------------------------

Fw: Sign My JFK Act Petition? - Bill Kelly
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

--- On Tue, 6/30/09, William Kelly <bkjfk3@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Fw: Sign My JFK Act Petition?
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:32 AM

I'M TRYING TO GET THIS OUT TO RECOGNIZABLE NAMES AND "CELEBRITIES" TO SIGN ON EARLY ON (if you know any) AND THEN ENCOURAGE NUMBERS -

Please sign and pass it on to others who you know are interested.

Thanks,

Bill Kelly
bkjfk3@yahoo.com

--- On Tue, 6/30/09, William Kelly <bkjfk3@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: William Kelly <bkjfk3@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Sign My JFK Act Petition?
> Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009

JFKACT Oversight Hearings Petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/JFKACT/petition.html

To: U.S. Congress
Congressional Oversight of JFK Act

To: Rep. Edolphis Towns, Chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee
and Rep. William Lacy Clay, Chairman of the Sub-committee on information policy, census and NARA and members of the relevant committee.

In order to regain the public’s confidence in government, which has been in decline since November 1963, Congress passed the JFK Act of 1992, requiring the release of all government records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Since the last time Congress conducted a hearing on the JFK Act (June 4, 1997), neither the House Oversight Committee, nor the responsible subcommittee have held one hearing on this issue, despite the destruction of Secret Service documents, the loss of national security records and the continued withholding of records that have been ordered released to the public.

It is imperative that Congress take some action to ensure that the law is enforced and the work mandated by the JFK Assassination Records Act is completed. Therefore,

We, the undersigned citizens of the United States and the free world, do hereby request the House Oversight Committee do its duty and hold public oversight hearings on the JFK Act.

Sincerely,

William Kelly

The Undersigned

Deep Background:
http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/
Can I sign if I am not a US citizen? I suppose not since it is to go to Congress.

Anyway, I have Tweeted it and Facebooked it. Will Digg and Stumble later.

Good luck with this Bill. Needs to be done.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda,

Thanks for your help with the petition. You may sign the petition because I saw a note that Bill Kelly made on another forum that the signature was meant to include "citizens of the free world", not only US citizens.

Yesterday I told a waitress at a restaurant where I was eating with a friend when she asked what we were doing with lots of documents spread out on the table (before she took our food orders). I gave her a flyer I had made to give to people at a local writers' group I attend because they know my story and many of them would be supportive of the petition. The young lady certainly was. I also handed a copy of the flyer to the clerk at the store where I did my copying, who also was appreciative.

And I even told people at work today to do something patriotic over our Independence Day Holiday, namely. to sign the petition.

Maybe I've missed my calling - politics!
Adele
P.S. I'm still reading your recent post, but I can tell you have put a lot of time and energy into it. Thank you so much.
Quote:You may sign the petition because I saw a note that Bill Kelly made on another forum that the signature was meant to include "citizens of the free world", not only US citizens.
Oh good then. I'll sign it. Now if I can only get voting rights in the US elections too since they want to be the leader of the "free world".

Quote:I gave her a flyer I had made to give to people at a local writers' group I attend because they know my story and many of them would be supportive of the petition. The young lady certainly was. I also handed a copy of the flyer to the clerk at the store where I did my copying, who also was appreciative.
That's sweet. People without a dog in the fight always want justice and peace and the good guys to win and for evil to be banished. We really do. :beer::dancing:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
That is wonderful. I posted it on facebook also and then tons of people reposted it on their page. I will bet that a huge percentage of people in this country will sign if it is made available to them.

This need to get put up all over the net.

Dawn
Magda and Dawn,

Thanks for signing, Magda. If you really want to vote in the US elections, you could move here, study the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and so on, and become a naturalized citizen. But I couldn't guarantee that the US would be the "leader of the free world", not after all the support this government has given the "unfree world's" dictators in the past. It's possible that citizens of other countries might have a greater influence on US policies than do US citizens, as in the 1950s when desegregation was finally legalized by the US Supreme Court, allowing African-Americans access to equal opportunities for education, which was brought about, in part, by international moral pressure from other countries.

A few young people don't yet realize that the assassination affects them even today. One young man told me it was in the past and did not affect him. I proceeded to tell him how it did and drew the connections between today's current events, the economy and the Federal Reserve (which Kennedy had taken on and sought to change/weaken/erode), war vs. peace, and etc. He seemed pretty thoughtful the rest of the afternoon, so maybe I put a dent in his "happiness armor"(?)

That's a fabulous response you had on Facebook, Dawn. Really terrific!

I will be sending a copy of the petition to my US Representative, Ciro Rodriguez. He knows my full story. During this past winter he wrote to the US Secret Service on my behalf to request information for me that I have never received from them after years of numerous FOIA letters on my part. I knew it would be a hopeless task because the Secret Service destroyed all their JFK documents AFTER the 1992 JFK Collection Act was signed into law by President George H.W. Bush. However, Mr. Rodriguez remains interested and offered to help whenever he could.

I have also had communications with James Douglass, author of JFK and the Unspeakable. I will send a copy of the petition to him also, just to be sure he knows of it. I see that he will be speaking at the COPA meeting in Dallas in November, so he may already be aware of it. However, I had planned to write to him anyway to thank him for his very wonderful letter I received recently from him.

I night try our local newspaper which has a public editor, and see if they would publish the URL and a story about this petition and urge people to sign in on it. ?.

This petition may have significant effects on the future of our ability to learn the truth from our government. I certainly hope so.

Adele
Adele Edisen Wrote:If you really want to vote in the US elections, you could move here, study the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and so on, and become a naturalized citizen.
Thanks Adele , but since I work for peace and resist human rights abuses and fascism I would be on some US black list and if I step foot in the US I would likely end up in Guantanamo prison or be outsourced somewhere else. Prisoners have no voting rights or citizen rights. One day when things are different I sure would love to go and see that beautiful country though. I just think I should be entitled to vote since the US had a hand in the overthrow of my government and thinks it runs the place. It does for all intents and purposes. Most people out side the US should be able to vote in the US elections since the US has installed most of the governments in the 'free world'.

Magda,
You have a point. Maybe someday this world will be civilized.
Adele
Today I mailed off some 17 packets of letters and documents to members of the Oversight Committee and the Subcommittee on Information Policy, Census, and NARA, and to others. If anyone wishes to do the same, you can send your letters to the address given in the letter for Eudophus Towns and William Lacy Clay.

As of today, there are now 194 signatures on Bill's petition.

Adele
--------------------------------------------------------------------

July 21, 2009

The Honorable Representative Edolphus Towns
Chairman, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
2157 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

And

The Honorable Representative William Lacy Clay
Chairman, House Subcommittee On Information Policy, Census, and National Archives
2157 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

Dear Representative Towns and Representative Clay:

In 1963 I was a Postdoctoral Fellow of the National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Blindness (NINDB), performing neurophysiological research at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. I met Jose A. Rivera, a science administrator and member of the Training Grants and Awards Section of the NINDB, at week-long scientific meetings in April, 1963, in Atlantic City, New Jersey, where I presented my work on the mechanisms of synaptic actions in the nervous system.

Rivera invited me to have dinner with him and his family once I arrived at the NIH which I had planned to visit, but it turned out that he and I had dinner at restaurants and a sightseeing trip while he spoke of the President and his impending assassination. I am enclosing a narrative account of my experiences and attempts to bring these to the attention of government agencies and Congressional investigating committees with the help of Attorney Jack Peebles. I also have sought, through many Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, copies of documents of my interview with US Secret Service Agent John W. Rice and FBI Liaison Special Agent Orrin Bartlett, on Sunday, November 24, 1963, with no success.

I also enclose copies of relevant pages from the Final Report of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) where my name is mentioned; a summary of Rivera’s career based on his personnel file records written by Attorney Dave Robertson; and Xerox copies of photographs of Jose A. Rivera.

- 2 -

When I learned last year that Jose A. Rivera had been present at the autopsy of the President’s body at the Bethesda Naval Hospital on the evening of November 22, 1963, I posted my narrative on the internet. At my age I do not have much more time to wait to see that the American people would know that there was a conspiracy to kill the President, and that it had been planned long in advance, even before April of 1963.

It has been 46 years and 3 months since I learned of the impending assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and in November it will be 46 years since his death. It seems to be an unusually extraordinary length of time to solve a murder case, and an extraordinary length of time for the American people to begin to learn how and why their President was killed.

I am writing to you directly to urge you and your Committee and its Subcommittee to have open public hearings on oversight of the John F. Kennedy Assassination Collections Act of 1992 which required that every government agency produce their files of documents, films, recordings, etc., to be reviewed by the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) and then be placed into the JFK Collection at the National Archives II at College Park, Maryland.

I only ask that this Congress and this Government provide the American people with honest answers to questions about the murder of our President John F. Kennedy.

Please feel free to share this with other members of your committee. Thank you for your time and kind consideration in this matter.

Yours truly,

Adele E. U. Edisen, Ph.D.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 690111, San Antonio, TX 78269-0111
Residence Address:
Telephone:
E-Mail Address: aedisen@prodigy.net

cc: Representative Paul E. Kanjorski
Representative Carolyn B. Maloney
Representative Diane E. Watson
Representative Eleanor Holmes Norton

- 3 -

cc: Representative Danny Davis
Representative Steve Dreihaus
Representative John L. Mica
Representative Lynn A. Westmoreland
Representative Patrick T. McHenry
Representative Jason Chaffetz
Representative Dennis J. Kucinich
Representative Henry Cuellar
Representative Ciro D. Rodriguez
Attorney Jack Peebles
Attorney Dave Robertson
The New York Times
The Washington Post
CBS-TV Sixty Minutes Program
Good for you Adele! I hope you get a positive response and please keep us informed of any developments. Now is as good a time as any to expect changes in this area.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Kelly on Angleton, Jefferson Morley, and Thomas Powers Anthony Thorne 5 13,186 11-06-2019, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,564 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  David Talbot's Petition to reopen the 4 Assassinations Jim DiEugenio 4 4,184 21-01-2019, 07:20 PM
  Bill Kelly's Review of David Talbot's "The Devil's Chessboard" Bill Kelly 32 23,757 14-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Bill Turner on Garrison KPFA Jim DiEugenio 2 7,504 10-01-2018, 06:12 AM
  Phil Shenon - A Cruel and Shocking Twist, by Bill Kelly Anthony Thorne 5 7,636 04-11-2017, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Bill Davy at VMI Jim DiEugenio 6 7,549 11-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Antonio Veciana's Trained to Kill - Bill Kelly's Review Peter Lemkin 2 6,651 17-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  Math proves the top of the sign would indeed block the view of JFK right about z207 David Josephs 2 3,036 30-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Bill Simpich: How the Warren Commission Covered Up JFK's Murder Alan Dale 28 14,816 10-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps