Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The History Channel Pushing Right Wing Smears Of The Kennedys?
Watch the Video | Sign the Petition | Send To Your Friends
at
http://stopkennedysmears.com/index.html

"I was amazed to find reading those pages that every single conversation with the President in the Oval office or elsewhere in which I according to the script participated, never happened. There were no such conversations... A minimum amount of research could've avoided the remarkable number of obvious errors of that kind in this script."
- Ted Sorensen

The right wing has set its sights on the reputation of one of our nation's greatest political families: The Kennedys. And The History Channel is providing them a soapbox from which to spew their bile.

Joel Surnow, a hard-right activist and former Fox News producer who supported Rick Santorum and is close friends with Rush Limbaugh, is the executive producer of an upcoming mini-series on the Kennedys that is political character assassination of the most disgusting kind.

I've read the script. It's ridiculous, sexually exploitative, revolting stuff - everything you'd expect from a conservative re-writing of history. In my previous life, I produced and directed over 55 movies, mini-series and feature films. I thought I had pretty much seen anything and everything. But this garbage, coming so soon after Senator Ted Kennedy's death, makes the worst commercial schlock look Oscar-worthy.

Honor the legacy of the Kennedy family by telling the History Channel that right-wing lies are not "history" and by refusing to watch their programming.

Then send our petition on to your friends and family.

Yours,
Robert Greenwald
and the Brave New Films team

P.S. - See what The New York Times says about our new video

and why The Huffington Post calls the new mini-series inaccurate and vindictive.

"The script becomes, historically, ever more loony and juvenile, as the writers invent more and more phony events to give an impression of a President Kennedy out of his depth, and dependent on others for advice."
- Nigel Hamilton

The right wing are re-writing everything including the bible. http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...ight=bible Most 'official' and accepted mainstream history, not just the History Channel, is right wing. But they should be challenged. :fight:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Overheard, from the loft above: a PBS documentary that was subtly smearing the family and Jack.

I read somewhere -- I wish I could remember where -- that the 'fetishization' of the victim is a sign of guilt and that the pathology of it all will not let them stop -- like the automatic gunfire into an already-obviously-dead victim in the massacre at Nissour Square. Or the padlocking of JFK's burial site on the anniversary of his death. Or the presentation of a portrait of MLK to his widow. The latter two were courtesy of the Bush family.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
This has NOTHING to do with the Left/Right false dichotomy other than to strengthen it.

It is primarily an effort to counter-balance the work of James Douglass -- in essence, an assault on matters spiritual.

It is secondarily an important tactic in the never-ending war to control the future by obfuscating the past -- in essence, an action to support the illusion of a level playing field for the beast's false history and our truth.
Ed Jewett Wrote:Overheard, from the loft above: a PBS documentary that was subtly smearing the family and Jack.

I read somewhere -- I wish I could remember where -- that the 'fetishization' of the victim is a sign of guilt and that the pathology of it all will not let them stop -- like the automatic gunfire into an already-obviously-dead victim in the massacre at Nissour Square. Or the padlocking of JFK's burial site on the anniversary of his death. Or the presentation of a portrait of MLK to his widow. The latter two were courtesy of the Bush family.

I agree that this analysis may be applied appropriately to the ritualistic actions of some of the killers.

But we must not lose sight of the fact that practical operational objectives are attained by the slander.

I might also note that the killers exhibit no fear whatsoever of the Kennedy family.
Finally, know that I have no objections whatsoever to the film being made and shown anywhere.

Our goal should be not to suppress it, but rather to expose the motives of those who made it and those who present it as "history."

It is to our great advantage to expose the enemy when it shows itself.

But I doubt that collectively we have the requisite balls, brains, or stamina to do so over the long haul.
Quote:Or the presentation of a portrait of MLK to his widow. The latter two were courtesy of the Bush family. __________________
Ed, I think you're actually referring to a portrait of MLK presented to W. by Coretta King. His tasteful comment was, "I can't wait to hang it." But damned if I can find the video, so I could be wrong.

Not to go off-topic.
Magda Hassan Wrote:The right wing are re-writing everything including the bible. http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...ight=bible Most 'official' and accepted mainstream history, not just the History Channel, is right wing. But they should be challenged. :fight:
Even though totally anti-Kennedy until his death, I soon on observed the
THOUGHTS OF MANY after November 1963.

Mr. President JFK
What were our thoughts of you
Before death took you from us today
We gave our love, hope and admiration too,

Mourning now, we of all the world
Know you ask not - but gave all for your country,
Of your strength, through accusation hurled
As you stood undaunted against that enemy

You were the stalwart laborer of a stately nation
As America weeps it shall not forget
The burden, the pain of your trying station
And your words and deeds remain with us yet.

© 1963 Harry J. Dean
Adrian Mack Wrote:
Quote:Or the presentation of a portrait of MLK to his widow. The latter two were courtesy of the Bush family. __________________
Ed, I think you're actually referring to a portrait of MLK presented to W. by Coretta King. His tasteful comment was, "I can't wait to hang it." But damned if I can find the video, so I could be wrong.

Not to go off-topic.

No doubt you're right, as I was working off the disgust of memory buried somewhere in my keyboarding fingers.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
The second sentences in each of Mr. Drago's posts #4, 5 and 6 ought to be emblazoned somewhere on the front page of this web site. My own focus recently has been on anything but the death of JFK, having been convinced long ago, thinking that our focus needed to be on more current matters like 9/11, the burgeoning "war" fervors and fevers, disinformation and psy-ops, etc. Reading JFKU, however, along with "R&C" and Mr. Drago's own passionate leadership, shows the importance of the research into the death of JFK with brilliance and clarity. While we labor on other subjects, 11/22/63 is the lodestone that shows us true north..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gil Jesus' JFK You Tube Channel Magda Hassan 25 161,529 13-11-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  JFK Goes After Anti-Kennedy Right Wing Extremists Gil Jesus 0 438 27-12-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  DPF You Tube Channel JFK videos Magda Hassan 10 147,112 14-11-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: O. Austrud
  The Marilyn Monroe/Kennedys Hoax Jim DiEugenio 0 2,335 18-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Kennedys and Civil Rights: How the MSM Continues to Distort History Jim DiEugenio 15 15,845 15-11-2018, 08:00 AM
  OUR HIDDEN HISTORY podcast on JFK and Tippit murders Joseph McBride 1 10,194 22-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  CNN Disservices History Jim DiEugenio 12 20,689 17-06-2018, 01:46 PM
  Jim Marrs & Mike Baker: PROVE THE GRASSY KNOLL SHOT! Travel Channel: America Declassified Anthony DeFiore 47 25,391 13-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Fake news (or history) from the Smithsonian Joseph McBride 9 7,101 05-01-2017, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  "killing kennedy" documentary to be produced by national geographic channel Mark Prior 6 6,560 28-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle