Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oliver Stone's "Secret History of America"
Oliver Stone's new documentary series is supposed to air sometime in 2010.
Does anyone know when it will begin?

John
I don't know John but I certainly am looking forward to it. Not enough of this sort of movie made for US audiences. Anyone really.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda:

I agree, most of the history that is shown on TV is predictable. They show the same old WWII stories and do not like to show anything that would make people re-think their views on this event. Stories such as Edwin Black's
IBM and the Holocaust which describes how IBM aided the Nazis in the
organization of the holocaust, and other stories like these, are censored by the corprorate networks.

John
John Kowalski Wrote:Oliver Stone's new documentary series is supposed to air sometime in 2010.

John

I don't know when but I am pretty sure he said it wil be on HBO, which is not part of my cable program. Damn. I am sure it will be great. I did get HBO by accident on the tv in our bedroom for about a year and I saw Stone on Real time with Bill Mahr (sp?? no clue) It was the night Oliver came out and handed Bill "JFK and The Unspeakable"- (James Douglas' breathtaking masterpiece). Bill was quick to say he'd read it, and quicker to change the subject. (But the tv coverage spiked sales on Amazon.)
Dawn
Who is the executive producer for the project?
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
John Kowalski Wrote:Oliver Stone's new documentary series is supposed to air sometime in 2010.

John

I don't know when but I am pretty sure he said it wil be on HBO, which is not part of my cable program. Damn. I am sure it will be great. I did get HBO by accident on the tv in our bedroom for about a year and I saw Stone on Real time with Bill Mahr (sp?? no clue) It was the night Oliver came out and handed Bill "JFK and The Unspeakable"- (James Douglas' breathtaking masterpiece). Bill was quick to say he'd read it, and quicker to change the subject. (But the tv coverage spiked sales on Amazon.)
Dawn

I really do not want to miss this show. What is frustrating is that the Showtime website has not announced a release date. I searched the web and could not find an official Oliver Stone website but did manage to find a fake one.

John
Ed Jewett Wrote:Who is the executive producer for the project?

Professor Peter Kuznik is a Co-Producer. IMDB does not have a release date.
Most of the information I was able to find was from web news articles.

John
Ed Jewett Wrote:Who is the executive producer for the project?

A very important question, Ed.

Whoever finances the project will have a big say in which direction it takes.

While JFK was a great film, its biggest flaw was that it failed to mention JFK's bitter dispute with Israel over the latter's secret nuclear program. Not surprising, considering the EP for that movie was strong Israel supporter, personal friend of Shimon Peres, and alleged arms smuggler for Israel Arnan Milchan.

If "Secret History of America" airbrushes any mention of Israel, then it's a propaganda piece, not a serious doco.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnon_Milchan
Yes, that was my intent in asking the question, and my memory, though I couldn't find my old references readily. The issue is one only recently in my awareness, and it certainly is eye-opening, especially given what we now know about the purposeful creation of "myth" et alia.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Fwiw - the Executive Producer will not necessarily have editorial control.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coronaviris Pandemic - an inflection point in human history? Peter Lemkin 32 26,996 19-06-2020, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Everything they taught you about history.......was......WRONG!! [mostly by omission] Howard Zinn Peter Lemkin 0 3,634 02-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Chris Hedges' Latest Book: America - The Farewell Tour Peter Lemkin 0 6,190 30-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  When history Harry Dean 1 10,543 17-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  New History Channel Series "Hunting Hitler" Drew Phipps 23 30,474 14-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Secret Nazi military base discovered by Russian scientists in the Arctic Magda Hassan 0 3,749 22-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The 'truthiness' of politicized history Tracy Riddle 2 5,459 27-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The Coup D'etat of America in 2001 David Guyatt 8 23,162 22-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Dirty Little Secret of Some Brits' Nazi Past Sympathies Peter Lemkin 3 3,298 04-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  The Secret Scientific Axis Jon Levy 3 2,888 06-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Jon Levy