Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why you should never talk to the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
A law school professor and former criminal defense attorney tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
All very well in the "land of the free" :proud: but here in Blighty there's not that choice. If you don't talk to the police and they decide to prosecute you, that alone can be used as evidence of your guilt.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Yeah, I remember when they brought that in. Police are not so clever to solve crime on their own so they needed a bit of help in getting their paperwork done more quickly and easily. Quite a fundamental right removed that was.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
David Guyatt Wrote:All very well in the "land of the free" :proud: but here in Blighty there's not that choice. If you don't talk to the police and they decide to prosecute you, that alone can be used as evidence of your guilt.

I didn't know that....and that is quite insane and horrible. Why would one want to self-incriminate themselves or help to be set-up? Silence is not guilt. Proof of guilt is guilt. And what if one can't speak.....let alone just doesn't want to! So, if the police have come in to set you up as a terrorrist and while one bloke is asking questions of you, the others are searching your flat for the best place to hide the bomb making equiptment they brought with them, you have to be talkin?! Do you have to be answering their questions or can you just be reciting poetry and Shakespeare from memory......?! In some ways the UK is one step ahead of the US on the yellow brick road to a police state! Hitler How completely British logic...let me guess...the thinking was just as one of your statesmen once said, 'Gentlemen don't read other gentlemen's man [wrong!], they figured innocent people LOVE their local police and SIS and would just LOVE to chat them up over tea and scones [wrong!]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Well for the Americans and others allowed not to talk to the Police or other Agents - and for the UK citizens to know what you lost - here is a great booklet on exactly what you should and should not do; should and should not say, if and when an Agent knocks on your door:

If An Agent Knocks (the booklet)
What to do if you or your organization are targeted by federal law enforcement

Federal law enforcement agencies like the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have a dark history of targeting radical and progressive movements. Some of the dirty tricks they use against these movements include: the infiltration of organizations to discredit and disrupt their operations; campaigns of misinformation and false stories in the media; forgery of correspondence; fabrication of evidence; and the use of grand jury subpoenas to intimidate activists. Today's activist must know and understand the threat posed by federal law enforcement agents and their tactics as well as several key security practices that offer the best protection.

Federal agents have many tools at their disposal to target activists. While it is important to know and understand these tools and tactics, it is of critical importance that you resist any paranoia of government surveillance or fear of infiltration, which will only serve to paralyze you or your organization in your quest for social change. If fear of government repression prevents you from organizing, the agents of repression will have won without even trying.

The Center for Constitutional Rights created If an Agent Knocks to provide advice to activists likely to be targeted by FBI agents or other federal investigators. Since its original release in 1989, If an Agent Knocks has been widely circulated in progressive activist communities across the country. This guide includes both the timeless advice included in the original version and extensive updates to reflect the current state of the law and law enforcement tools. This updated edition also includes a comprehensive discussion of today's technology, including cell phones, e-mail and web browsing. This guide should be seen as a resource for the information needed to protect yourself and other activists from government investigation and to empower you to continue the struggle.

We have attempted to provide answers to a broad range of questions for the many scenarios that one can encounter as an activist. We hope individuals and groups use this pamphlet to develop and prepare practical responses if an agent knocks at your door.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
These are the 37 words of the UK police caution.
Quote:You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.
For the caution to be considered in effect - ie for the police to claim in court that you were questioned under caution - it must be followed by the question "Do you understand?" to which you must have replied in the affirmative.

The best and only response to the question in the absence of a non-police witness, preferably your own solicitor, being present and taking notes is "No"

Then say absolutely nothing else except, "I repeat, I do not understand the caution" and to stay totally silent, except for occasionally repeating the above, in reponse to any and every other question.

Here is a reasonable exposition of the pitfalls from April 2006 Times
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Peter Presland Wrote:These are the 37 words of the UK police caution.
For the caution to be considered in effect - ie for the police to claim in court that you were questioned under caution - it must be followed by the question "Do you understand?" to which you must have replied in the affirmative.

The best and only response to the question in the absence of a non-police witness, preferably your own solicitor, being present and taking notes is "No"

Then say absolutely nothing else except, "I repeat, I do not understand the caution" and to stay totally silent, except for occasionally repeating the above, in reponse to any and every other question.

Here is a reasonable exposition of the pitfalls from April 2006 Times

Sounds like a great Monty Python Skit....but I realize it is deadly serious. I hope the US authorities don't follow in UK footsteps [mis-steps] in this case.....

So, if the Police or MI5/6 were to enter the office or home of Prof. Dr. Stephen Hawking and he didn't have his voice computer set up....anything he didn't 'say' could and would be held against him?!?!

....fucking insane neo-fascist and police state thinking! Hitler I'm really less and less sure 'we' won the Second World War on anything but technical military grounds.....on all others I think 'they' won.:loco:
Repeat after me:

I do not understand..... :monkeypiss:
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Repeat after me:

I do not understand..... :monkeypiss:

But 'wa if the coppers told the Judge those words were repeated in a 'cheeky' manner as if to mock the Realm?!....................and 'Her Majesty' :moon: and her Majesty's perfect [by definition!] Government? :wirlitzer:

Technical point: would a hand-held sign saying "no, I do not understand the caution" be sufficient?! Seems more dignified, to me...but who am I.....

:hippy:
Some devious bureaucrat in the Home Office will now be beavering away day and night to amend the law to imply that the caution is understood and this question need not be asked.

You will understand!

Your rights will be trampled.

You will be found guilty.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security Video Shows Police Lied In Michael Brown Shooting Albert Doyle 0 6,661 13-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Police Brutality, Insensitivity and Militarism/Robotism is all the Rage Now! David Guyatt 109 58,795 09-02-2016, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Continuing the police madness in the US David Guyatt 35 14,033 16-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  More racism and sexism by the met police David Guyatt 0 2,326 24-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  From Boston to Ferguson - Have We Reached A Tipping Point in the Police State? David Guyatt 0 2,826 05-09-2014, 09:29 AM
  Police Brutality, Insensitivity and Militarism/Robotism is all the Rage Now! Peter Lemkin 3 3,217 28-02-2014, 05:36 AM
  The Police State Is Ratchetted Up One More Notch In U.S.A. Peter Lemkin 3 3,763 27-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Met police corruption report - gangsters have infiltrated Scotland Yard at choice David Guyatt 3 3,326 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM
  More police brutality David Guyatt 0 1,990 03-12-2013, 10:31 AM
  New Reports Details Worldwide Police Crackdown On Peaceful Protests & Criminalization of Dissent Peter Lemkin 0 2,068 10-10-2013, 07:14 PM