Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research trivia and anecdotes (feel free to contribute)
After Mary Ferrell's funeral service, Robert Groden and I rode
to the burial site together. Hillcrest Cemetery was just a short
distance down Northwest Highway in North Dallas.

The ground was muddy from a recent rain. A large crowd
was gathered around the burial tent. Heavy traffic whirred
by on Northwest Highway, in reality just a busy city street.

Robert and I stood at the edge of the group. At one point
we looked down at a marble marker flush with the ground.
We looked silently at each other and smiled. We were
standing atop a burial plot.

Mary, the queen of JFK research, would have appreciated
the irony. Her final resting place was less than 50 feet
away from that of the head man of the FBI Dallas office,
Robert Gemberling.

Jack
What's the deal???

I wrote this only a couple of hours ago, and it has already
cycled off the first page and nobody will read it after I went
to the trouble of writing it. Postings shold stay on the first
page for at least 24 hours. I will quit writing stuff if it continues
to DISAPPEAR so quickly, before many read it. BAD software
program. Should at least refer the reader to page 2, 3, etc.
instead of disappearing.

Bah!!!!!

Jack
Jack White Wrote:What's the deal???

instead of disappearing.

Bah!!!!!

Jack

I agree with your BAH!!!!, I [on another thread] have requested they change the settings to stop just what you are talking about. Lets see if they listen..... but cut them a little slack, the new software post Putsch is problematic, it seems and what was slowly adjusted to everyone's satisfaction now has to be done all at once. Interesting story about MF. When will we see her private research papers?!?!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Gentlemen - please bear with us.

You will have noticed that we have just upgraded the software again.

We have done this because we want to improve and enhance the functionality and ease of use of DPF.

Such upgrades cost the founders money and time, as we work out the details of the software and how best to utilize its functionality.

Jack - I read and enjoyed your opening post, and have found myself reflecting on its implications since. There was no intention to marginalize it, and I hope you will continue to pen and post such thought-provoking pieces.

Once again, to all members, please bear with us as we work to enhance and improve DPF.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Jack,

Peter is on-target.

We don't make internal activities public, but there's no shame in revealing that the technical damage done to this forum was severe in the extreme. It took the good offices of an extraordinarily talented group of IT experts to save our archives, select and learn new operating procedures, erect defenses so that this sordid history did not repeat itself, while simultaneously seeking to expand DPF in breathtaking new ways.

Many bugs have been ironed out. We're working on the rest.

Your point is well-taken and will be addressed.

Bear with us. Please.

Until then, wouldn't a seance at the Ferrell gravesite provoke some interesting phenomena?

Charles

instead of disappearing.

Bah!!!!!

Jack
Jack

Much of the problem has been the new CMS software sample/demo data. The way it comes as standard causes it to post a new thread to the forum for every new article in the CMS system - and there were 92 articles which it proceeded to post at random. It took me a while to notice and I've been running around like the Sorcerer's bloody apprentice cleaning up after it. It will stop soon - unless I drown first.

But you're also right about the 'What's new' and Today's posts' functionality. It needs adjusting and will be - just not at the front of a still enormous queue right now, that's all.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Charles Drago Wrote:Jack,

Peter is on-target.

We don't make internal activities public, but there's no shame in revealing that the technical damage done to this forum was severe in the extreme. It took the good offices of an extraordinarily talented group of IT experts to save our archives, select and learn new operating procedures, erect defenses so that this sordid history did not repeat itself, while simultaneously seeking to expand DPF in breathtaking new ways.

Many bugs have been ironed out. We're working on the rest.

Your point is well-taken and will be addressed.

Bear with us. Please.

Until then, wouldn't a seance at the Ferrell gravesite provoke some interesting phenomena?

Charles

WOW, what a thought. I have heard lots of things that I am hesitant to even ask about, but I will enter with one question: Jack (or anyone) Did Mary insist on taking your photo if you visited her? I only knew her in writing and over the phone.

In terms of personal anecedotes some of us have many and I certainly found yours most interesting, Jack.

I will share my most strange one: In 1974 I was doing a research paper for a government class on the assassination. Harvard's vast liabrary had a card catalogue listing several critical books but none were to be found in the stacks. A friend I had known for several years -Bernie Bane- had every critical book on the subject and was kind enough to loan them all to me so that I could do my paper. Bernie was a sweet fellow but his claim to fame was his own publication, entitled "The Bane In Kennedy's Existence" which postulated that JFK had never been killed at all. A belief Bernie held until his death a few years ago.

Bernie refused to collect social security and supported himself via a vast collection of credit cards. When some of the banks took him to court over the unpaid debts Bernie would, in his defense, advance his personal conspiracy theory.

That would be the end of the case.

Dawn

instead of disappearing.

Bah!!!!!

Jack

I noticed that too. I was reading the new posts, and after reading a thread I went back to the new post section and most of them were gone. Is this the problem that you are describing? What I did to get the new posts back was to log out, close Mozzila, then open DPF with a different browser (IE8). When I did this. all of the new posts were back.

John
John Kowalski Wrote:I noticed that too. I was reading the new posts, and after reading a thread I went back to the new post section and most of them were gone. Is this the problem that you are describing? What I did to get the new posts back was to log out, close Mozzila, then open DPF with a different browser (IE8). When I did this. all of the new posts were back.

John

John

It's that sort of problem.

I did spend about 30 minutes on it a day or two back and it became apparent that there wasn't a quick fix. Not that I could find with the present limited (but rapidly expanding) understanding of the guts of the software anyway.

It IS an irritation - possibly connected with cookie timeout but that is set at two hours so most likely not - I've got other urgent stuff to see to first though I'm afraid. A week or so maybe Sherlock
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
John Kowalski Wrote:I noticed that too. I was reading the new posts, and after reading a thread I went back to the new post section and most of them were gone. Is this the problem that you are describing? What I did to get the new posts back was to log out, close Mozzila, then open DPF with a different browser (IE8). When I did this. all of the new posts were back.

John

John and all - I've never noticed this specific problem using Internet Explorer 7 as my browser. Using IE7 the New Posts feature displays correctly and sustains over time.

So, if that specific problem occurred with Firefox, it may be to do with the way the browser interacts with the forum software.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim Hargrove Chooses Politics Over Good Research Brian Doyle 0 175 12-01-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The JFK Research Community Is Responsible For This Brian Doyle 0 251 28-11-2023, 04:48 PM
  Roger Odisio Plants Credibility Time Bomb At Heart Of CT Research Brian Doyle 6 810 14-08-2023, 02:23 PM
  How The Education Forum Destroyed Credible JFK Research Brian Doyle 8 1,033 09-07-2023, 09:35 PM
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 470 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  EXCELLENT Research on LHO & Ruth Hyde Paine [and family] - Linda Minor Peter Lemkin 15 39,327 29-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Assassins - a man without a country, free ebook Scott Kaiser 14 67,994 10-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  JFK Research Methodology James Lateer 19 27,449 02-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  "Free Rosemary Kennedy" Joseph McBride 0 3,222 11-02-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  We should all feel vindicated today Anthony DeFiore 9 10,083 28-10-2017, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio