Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paines all over...
Was just wondering, when did DeMohrenschildt first meet the Paines'?
Am I correct that it was through Edward Glover...in Jan 63?
It seems the first time was when George and his wife were showing the film of their Panama movie, as depicted it "I'm A Patsy"
Does anyone have other information....are there allusions to earlier meetings?...or a continuing friendship after the initial meeting?
Hi Steve; i am having a look so far all that popped up was this link, it may have further info, it i believe is from monk;s site, btw he just may know the answer to your question, this along with zappy has been an area of interest but not all by far...best b..

Abraham Zapruder's co-worker, Jeanne LeGon and her husband George DeMohrenschildt introduced Lee Oswald to the daughter of one of George DeMohrenshildt's close friends, Ruth Paine. Ruth Paine's husband , Michael, whose step-father, Arthur Young collaborated with none other than Lyndon Baines Johnson's personal pilot, Joseph Mashman, to develop "BELL" helicopter (Fort Worth, Texas), was employed by Bell at the time of the assassination. 3,000-5,000 BELL helicopters were lost in Viet Nam and BELL's stockholders made a fortune replacing them.

http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/amazingweb...pruder.htm
steve i only have a crumb but look to Evica's book....for much more on them...
''Ruth Paine's father: Knew George de Mohrenschildt, and both worked the
CIA. The CIA considered him for an assignment in Viet Nam.''
Bernice, I shouldn't be surprised, but still am, at how quickly, politely and extremely helpful you are, to all levels of researchers...
I amazed at the interconnecting links...so these articles are a god send...thanks you so much...anything else you can bring forth, would similarly be appreciated...
I'm doing a full reread of "A Certain Arrogance" also...those Quakers...it's a full load...
Best to you...Steve.
Interesting topic, Steve, and I would never be able to keep up with Bernice.

I just wonder if there isn't more to the Paine story on the husband's side, Michael's.
His moving out in 1962 - opening up the house for when the Oswalds' returned to Texas, so that Marina could be living with Ruth - seems to have left Ruth just a convenient aider and abetter of whatever secret government came up with, as events showed so graphically.

I would like to know more about the Quaker Hydes and Paines of Philly, especially if there is a John Paine in there somewhere - say Michael's brother.

John Paine and his wife Rita went to the greatest lengths to make sure that my father and me never got hooked up in any JFK assassination inquiry. My father, the most outspoken American general against the Vietnam war, was doused with red paint when he spoke against the war in Dallas for supporting the communists, and I was always going on at Holy Cross College and beyond about the cock-up in the Dallas conspiracy, though I never recall any serious discussion with him about the tragedy.

These Paines befriended both my parents, and me and my wife, and it all seemed to be intended to keep tract of what we were doing, especially if we were getting togther to do something publicly.

I shall never forget when me and she were invited to say with them in Weston, MA when a JFK assassination forum was taking place at Boston University. They had a dinner with guests who asked me so many questions about my research that we arrived well after the forum started, and were seated only well in the back so that it was impossible to me to ask anything if I had wanted to.

Then, the next day, John Paine had arranged without consulting me for a day's long interview with a stringer from the Boston Globe about my research - an opportunty I could hardly turn down - though nothing - surprise, surprise! - ever appeared in the newspaper.

Was John Paine Michael's brother?
Steve Duffy Wrote:Bernice, I shouldn't be surprised, but still am, at how quickly, politely and extremely helpful you are, to all levels of researchers...
I amazed at the interconnecting links...so these articles are a god send...thanks you so much...anything else you can bring forth, would similarly be appreciated...
I'm doing a full reread of "A Certain Arrogance" also...those Quakers...it's a full load...
Best to you...Steve.
Yes, Steve, Bernice is a living national treasure in the JFK community. Always helpful, polite and has amazing resources and pictures. We are all so lucky to have some one like her. lerv :cheer: :humble::iluvu:

And those Quakers sure are interesting. All the bank connections too. And then there is the oddest Quaker, Nixon.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I seem to recall some German connection too. Some one who worked at Bell, whose name escapes me for the minute, and I think Bill Kelly could tell more on this too.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
i lost my reply duh...:panicConfusedo here's another, thankyou for all the flowers, appreciated, and not going to my head, i as a rule do not get into commenting too much, though now and again do and have been known to really pita ramble.and step into it...i enjoy the other aspect as i am a known and admitted pack rat, what i have is shared very willingly for all,
Steve i found this in case you have not seen it, it mentions ruthie onto lho in 1957, fwiw...take care all, geoff is lol saying some treasure, that is funny, thanks... :wavey:b..magda, geoffer says an ancient national treasure, i'll end up in a museum...lol....he says and not bad for a foreigner....:rofl:b..

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.bac...nepix.html
Page 169 - Unspeakable:

" FBI director J Edgar Hoover apparently did notice, however, that there was a de Mohrenschildt-Paine parallel of a classified nature whose public revelation could threaten the credibility of the Warren Commission. Hoover wrote a letter to head Warren Commission counsel J. Lee Rankin on October 23, 1964, urging him not to release certain FBI "reports and memoranda dealing with Michael and Ruth Paine and George and Jeanne De Mohrenschildt." Hoover warned Rankin: "Making the contents of such documents available to the public could cause serious repercussions to the Commission. "

My guess is if you look in J. Walton Moore's direction you'll find the date of the first de Mohrenschildt-Paines meeting...
Thanks everyone, Magda, the name Dornberger way be who you're thinking off, Michael worked under him a t Bell...Bills research has been truly helpful..., and yes both the Paones and their family history is what i'm looking for, and exploring...
Albert...I too am of the opinion that Moore set up the initial meeting between the Baron and the Oswald's...he Ok'ed them at least according to George....I have a lot of sources I still haven't checked....just trying to get as much of the feel for these two as possible, and the Quaker connection also...
I'll try to look into the Philly connection too, Trowbridge...very interesting angle...any thing further you can offer, would be appreciated...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Paines and the Minox Camera Charade Jim DiEugenio 41 30,738 26-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Bill Simpich New Article: (Part 11: The Paines Carry the Weight) Alan Dale 2 6,987 22-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  United Fruit's Banana Wars: Banister, Preston, Draper, E.H. Hunt, Dulles, Paines, Forbes, Cabots etc John Bevilaqua 3 10,291 26-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Last Post: John Bevilaqua