Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why so many books?
Everytime I talk toanyone about the JFK assassination, they ask me, "Have you read such and such book about the JFK assassination?" How many books must a person read before they are convinced Oswald didn't do it, and that the CIA, mafia, oilmen, federal reserve etc were involved?
There are a couple of angles I'm interested in such as Ruth Paine's backround. I did find a book about her that I found interesting.
Another book I think I would be interested in is Gatewood's book on Decker.
I don't mean to sound disrespectful because I know these author's put a lot of effort in their books, but really!
Betty Chruscielski Wrote:Everytime I talk toanyone about the JFK assassination, they ask me, "Have you read such and such book about the JFK assassination?" How many books must a person read before they are convinced Oswald didn't do it, and that the CIA, mafia, oilmen, federal reserve etc were involved?

There are a couple of angles I'm interested in such as Ruth Paine's backround. I did find a book about her that I found interesting. Another book I think I would be interested in is Gatewood's book on Decker. I don't mean to sound disrespectful because I know these author's put a lot of effort in their books, but really!

Well yes I think you do.

You have made a number of what I consider gross errors of judgement and fact. In an incredibly short amount of time. First by dumping a silly idea like the back seat shooter on here and then deciding to ditch it in favour of the fraudulent 'Greer' did it 'son of a 1000 maniacs' idea on account of one post I made. This is laughable.

It's interesting that I emailed and asked how long you had been on the beat for? Obviously some people have asked you what books you've read. Is it such a drag on your time too explain to people who are either suspicious or concerned about your mental health? Well, hell your wasting mine and others replying.

Of the hundreds nay thousands of books out there very few make the grade.
You dont need to read them all but talk too knowledgable people on the case and see what they say. Don't be a fool like Robert Morrow, indeed don't listen to him. Nor would I advise going near JF a veritable grave yard until you figure out what's valid.

But I actually think your game is to do the complete opposite of what individuals like myself or CD will tell you. Indeed, I'm starting to get very suspicious. I have a strange 'Sarah Carter' sort of feeling. Carter was a gormless soul (well a very bad spook trying to act as if atrophied by a developmental disorder) who inhabited numerous forums annoying people with simple statements and tried to gain sympathy by playing dumb. The problem was, that while being open about 'her afflictions' and her low IQ she knew enough that her spelling was exceptionally good nay better than mine (not hard these days) and she had enough brains too never show her face on any profile anywhere. She also never showed it on any social networking sites.

This is a very similar habit shared by numerous spooks and cranks out there. Sure you may have a background and be for real. In fact it's likely you are. But it's the purpose that has me concerned the willingness to be a contrarian so easily and so publically. That's a worry. If you genuinely are serious. And trust me the juries out. I think CTKA has a very good list of books you should read. CD and others may give you some good ideas. I mean Jim Douglas book and Anthony Summers Conspiracy-Not in your lifetime are excellent reads for someone starting out.

So what if you believe that Oswald didn't do it and or you think there was a conspiracy? Your not aiding the cause one bit. Why? Because people of your ilk like David Icke, Alex Jones, John Hankey, Paul Kangas, RD Morningstar (dare I say the Rigby's and Carrolls of this world) do as well. Go ahead and get the best information on the case from these schleps!

Because I'm going to be fascinated seeing how you will probably now change tack or suddenly say 'tThanks Seamus these guys are all really good researchers'. Hahahahahaha I've seen this 'polite' type of 'attract all the kooks on a forum' to me and get sympathy from people' it's a ploy so posters like myself or Mods like CD who come down a little gruffly have a division all of a sudden and or look out of place or unneccessarily vindictive to the casual reader.

Lets face it. It's a realllllly reallllllly lame attempt too isolate the rationals within a forum and it's been done for years. In fact I'd observed this kind of thing for ages, before I even bothered joining any forum and after seeing it done numerous times now that I am a participant on them I'd much rather hit first and ask questions later. There are some good people on Murder Solved and the Ed Forum that might accomodate your ideas. Indeed those forums have been destroyed by people similar in tone and style to yourself in many ways, on many occassions (Murder Solved seems to have recovered quite well thankfully there's some great people on that thing-The Ed Forum however good night Vienna).

I'm not saying your anything. I am saying I am done with you however.:thumbsdown:
"In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992
Betty Chruscielski Wrote:Everytime I talk toanyone about the JFK assassination, they ask me, "Have you read such and such book about the JFK assassination?" How many books must a person read before they are convinced Oswald didn't do it, and that the CIA, mafia, oilmen, federal reserve etc were involved?
There are a couple of angles I'm interested in such as Ruth Paine's backround. I did find a book about her that I found interesting.
Another book I think I would be interested in is Gatewood's book on Decker.
I don't mean to sound disrespectful because I know these author's put a lot of effort in their books, but really!

"Why so many books?"

I'm with "you."

The fewer books, the better!

And not just JFK books!!

FEWER BOOKS!!!

To review:

"You" "believe" that shots were fired from the lead car and from the front seat of JFK's limo, and "you" have a positive take on the Paine book, and "you" subscribe to the notion that there can be "too many" books.

If "you" are not computer-generated, "you" soon will be.
I have a sneaky feeling someone is now going to turn up on the Ed Forum and discuss how they were treated here.

Fun and games. Fun and games indeed!
"In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992
The Ed forum is just the right place for some people and we are happy for them to make a home there. :cheer:

Too many books? :banghead:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:The Ed forum is just the right place for some people and we are happy for them to make a home there. :cheer:

Too many books? :banghead:

The Ed Forum can be a great place and there are some excellent people on it. Every forum as you've said Magda does have it's different culture and Betty may best be suited there. But I'll warn the lads at Murder Solved lol. It gets wild enough there with some info without this guff. That said the modding over there (bar one massive blow out I was part of) is generally superb by the way. I honestly think while there I was the only bugger causing a ruckus lol. It's very peaceful. Mind I did see Ken and Bob (the mods and bloody good ones) get angry once when Kathy Beckett popped in.
I still give Ken a bit of guff that I helped quell the situation hahahahahahahahaha and I still think he's in shock. Kathy what on earth was she thinking?
Too many books, my hubby is in total agreement has been for a few years, there is simply no room left for one more, but that snail mail, keeps dropping one off every now and again, i tell him they now grow of thier own accord....:nono::bolt:b
Bernice Moore Wrote:Too many books, my hubby is in total agreement has been for a few years, there is simply no room left for one more, but that snail mail, keeps dropping one off every now and again, i tell him they now grow of thier own accord....:nono::bolt:b

If you ever have a clear out lemme know the goods.
I'll admit the phrase "too many books" does sound sort of stupid. When I wrote this I was thinking of a friend who had read about 500 books about the JFK assassination and it's starting to affect them. I think that some of these books are planted by the CIA with whole truths and half truths. They leave people hanging in the wind. I like Jim Marrs technique. He states he listens to everything and says, "That's nice" and figuratively puts it under his hat. When there's more data he figuratively pulls it out and analyzes the new data with the old data before he comes to any conclusions.

.jpg   books flickff.jpg (Size: 35.13 KB / Downloads: 9) Hi all. Sorry this is my first post here, but ...

"Too many books." Good one. I feel sorry for your 'friend' if all the books are affecting them. Maybe an asprin and a lie down will help?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best JFK books of the last 2 years? Tracy Riddle 59 88,132 22-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Three new / updated John Newman JFK books appearing on Amazon over the next few weeks Anthony Thorne 28 23,863 13-09-2017, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  Oswald's and Kaiser's Phone Books Scott Kaiser 10 7,469 31-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  JFK and Unspeakable LEAPING up Amazon Sales!!! PASSING UP THE GODWAWFUL SHENON AND SABATO BOOKS Nathaniel Heidenheimer 1 2,606 23-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Interview on INTO THE NIGHTMARE with Hartford Books Examiner Joseph McBride 7 3,558 22-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  New York Times reviews books on JFK, but omits books on the assassination James Norwood 1 2,505 22-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Product link Amazon reviews: A GREAT way to get WAY more eyes on the best books. Nathaniel Heidenheimer 20 24,280 04-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Review of Douglas Horne's Books by Vince Palamara Adele Edisen 5 5,509 03-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  "Stranger" & the Missing Code Books on 11/22/63 Bill Kelly 4 5,084 25-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  any good books on the dallas police force ? Edwin Ortiz 11 6,519 25-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Edwin Ortiz