Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Product link Amazon reviews: A GREAT way to get WAY more eyes on the best books.
This book is coming out tomorrow. Now is the calm before the storm. I am going to try to get a review up on Amazon ASAP with links to Unspeakable and to Destiny Betrayed. Others should do this too.

Look at the other books that people look at on this link. This is a MORE GENERAL audience, a tributary out of the choirs. Take advantage. I wish JFK folk were not the LEAST EVANGELICAL PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH (sigh). http://www.amazon.com/dp/159420425X/ref=...5rb018E3T5
Someone on the other thread ask what can we do?

I post into about 300 groups a week. What if 3 more people did this? When I do book sales rise. I don't get what is so rocket science about this. How is that strategy of asking the lawyers in Dallas going> It is a complete waste of time, a strategy meant to waste time. Once we talked about organizing stuff. And now people cant even post something out of the choir. I really, really, really, do not understand the level of extreme do nothing ism here. Look I am a teacher. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO TIME TO TEACH THIS STUFF TO KIDS THESE DAYS. It is not like when you were a kid.

Either you build the entrance ramps or people will see Alex Jones screaming on the network fascist news, and a bunch of old people and they will make fun of them. Either YOU act or .....else?

This is not like 1967 when some pro-historical conspiracy facts were allowed on the air to get people curious. Either YOU or nobody.

You could also build up the number of viewers to this site by posting threads from this site. I have started doing this and I plan on doing it a lot more.
This book is way ahead of the other October and November books and will be THE MOST promoted because it will very likely be a piece of pure shit.

To counter this we need to jump on with product linked reviews asap.... or sit around and let goliath take david's slingshot, and then complain about how nobody knows anything...
http://www.amazon.com/Camelots-Court-Ins...gy_b_img_z
I agree Nathaniel.

Dallek is really bad on JFK. Plus he started that whole Mimi Alford BS. Which was pretty well exposed by Tom Scully and Greg Parker.

When will your review go up?
Jim , note that the Dallek book is not due out till October 8th. However we should all be ready to jump on that one immediately since it will be a few weeks before the final Big Wave of books which we will want to mention, because some of those will be good ones.

I managed to skim this new one yesterday. There are definitely some good things about it , just as there were some very good things about his RFK book. But quo part seems to be its comments about Civil Rights. I think I can get something up on Amazon by tomorrow night or Sunday and then will add to it later.

To me the important thing here is the links. With all these eyes going to this new book, that could be the only opportunity for people to learn about Unspeakable and Destiny Betrayed.

Also I am trying to write a real article about the left-gatekeeping and I think I finally hit upon the right flying wedge to use against Noam andPacification Radio. Speaking of Pacifica, the one exception to their ban on assassinations is Bonnie Faulkner and her show Guns and Butter. Have you approached her about a show dealing with Destiny Betrayed? Once you're on that show it can be posted everywhere.
Nathaniel, you are the second person who has told me about that woman from Guns and Butter.

I don't know her. If you can email her or something like that, or refer to the the book's web site, that may help.

What new book are you talking about? Dallek never wrote a book about RFK did he?
Here....

blfaulkner@yahoo.com
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
I am talking about the New Thurston Clarke book called JFK's Last Hundred Days. I meant that Clarkes book on RFK was similar to this book in the following way: both books are MUCH better than most books, in the sense that they do portray both RFK and JFK as significantly different from the consensus. But in doing so both understate the difference, and, of course both completely detach policies from even any hint of talk about the assassiantions and connection between policies and assassination.

The reason The new Clarke book is important is because it is going to get lots of media coverage i think. It is a container wall sort of book which is necessary because it could serve to inoculate people from much much better books by making folks say "i've heard that angle before" They will not have. But this book is hovering around 2,000 on Amazon and has not yet had its big ad and review push. Clarkes books get tons of MSM reviews.

That was kind of the function of The Last Campaign too. It was good compared to most but contrast that one with the MASTERFUL book by Joseph Palermo, a book that I think has not been discussed NEARLY enough...., and there is an ocean of difference. The Palermo book goes into incredible detail on the class differences between RFK and McCarthy, CIA involvement in McCarthy as a stop Kennedy ploy and most importantly to todays "left?" dichotomy-police, the ways in which the RFK campaign was forming linkages with local social movements and renegade union locals that threatened the entire cold war corporatist nature of Washington. The Palermo book is among the five most important books in understanding 20th century US politics IMO and NOBODY seems to ever read it.

Yes I will e mail Bonnie Faulkner. Her shows are often excellent . For example check out her December 7th 2011 show in which she rebroadcast an amazingly clear and crisp presentation by Larry Teeter that he made in 2003.
"Guns and Butter"is a very good show.I think they reach from Fresno down south up into the Northern California Counties.And,Bonnie Faulkner is surely one of the better interviewers out there.

Here's a link to her show.Check it out....

http://www.kpfa.org/guns-and-butter
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
And also I think the show is now broadcast on all the Pacifica stations, although at different times. So that s Los Angles plus 5 other big cities. Just sent her an e-mail including the Rossi review
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Nathaniel, you are the second person who has told me about that woman from Guns and Butter.

I don't know her. If you can email her or something like that, or refer to the the book's web site, that may help.

What new book are you talking about? Dallek never wrote a book about RFK did he?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 417 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Jim DiEugenio Reviews The House of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 2,225 26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman special section: Reviews and Excerpts Jim DiEugenio 4 4,454 08-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Michael LeFlem reviews Pieces of the Puzzle Jim DiEugenio 2 3,206 26-01-2019, 08:06 AM
  Best JFK books of the last 2 years? Tracy Riddle 59 89,584 22-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Final chain link Harry Dean 7 22,810 20-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Jim DiEugenio reviews Jeff Morley's The Ghost Jim DiEugenio 14 12,362 03-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Three new / updated John Newman JFK books appearing on Amazon over the next few weeks Anthony Thorne 28 24,538 13-09-2017, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  The CIA, JFK and Hollywood: Joe Green Reviews Nick Schou Jim DiEugenio 0 3,535 21-08-2017, 06:21 PM
  Oswald's and Kaiser's Phone Books Scott Kaiser 10 7,752 31-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser