Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is General 'Y'
Who is General 'Y' who was Prouty's C.O. or superior referred to by him.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Ed Lansdale.

[Image: 200px-Major-general-lansdale.jpg]
Watch closely the scene in JFK in which the general is seated behind his Pentagon desk. A three-quarters obscured nameplate is visible, but enough of "Edward G." is there for us to get Stone's hint.

Speaking of thinly disguised military suspects in the Kennedy hit, I'm reminded of Robert Morrow's First Hand Knowledge and the unnamed Air Force colonels he implicated in the plot.

Does the name O'Wighton Delk Simpson strike a familiar chord?

From the Mary Ferrell Database: Date of birth 8/27/11. Date of death 10/3/99. Attained rank of Lieutenant Colonel in 1945 (not promoted in 16 years – invited to retire). From 1948 to 1950 he was Chief of Intelligence, 5th Air Force, Japan; 1959-1961, Special Assistant to Commander-in-Chief Samuel E. Anderson, Air Material Command, Dayton, Ohio; 1961-63, in charge of industrial intelligence for Martin Aerospace; 1963-66, on Washington staff of Martin Marietta Corp.

Son, O'Wighton Delk Simpson, Jr., died "under suspicious circumstances" 12/31/82 in West Palm Beach, Florida, age 39. Son had claimed his father was "bagman" for Kennedy assassination. "Payoff" allegedly took place in Haiti.

For bio summary see http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/osimpson.htm

Simpson worked closely, if below the radar screen, with LBJ's military counsel, Air Force Lt. Colonel Howard L. Burris, who died on January 3, 2009, at age 90. See John Newman's JFK and Vietnam for interesting details.

The Simpson saga is savagely fascinating for oh so many reasons -- not the least of which are connections to the perfidy of Gus Russo and the death of Bernard "Bud" Fensterwald.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Who is General 'Y' who was Prouty's C.O. or superior referred to by him.

Referred by Prouty where, and when?

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/GoD.html
Fletcher Prouty -- who served in the Air Force for 23 years, rose to the rank of Colonel, was a briefing officer in the Pentagon from 1955 thru 12/31/63, serving also as Focal Point Officer (liason) between the DOD and the CIA, first in the Headquarters of the Air Force (1955 to 1960), where he set up and then ran the structures that supplied Air Force logistical (military hardware) support for CIA clandestine operations world-wide, then in the Office of the Secretary of Defense (1960 into 1961), and then in the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1961 thru 12/31/63) where he ran the same support for all branches of the military...

THE GUNS OF DALLAS
© 1975 by L. Fletcher Prouty
Photographic Research by Richard E. Sprague

From 1955 to December 31, 1963, Col. L. Fletcher Prouty was the Focal Point (liason) officer between the Pentagon and the CIA. During 1962 and 1963 he was Director of Special Plans (clandestine operations) in the office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Download The Secret Team
http://www.scribd.com/doc/3329881/Col-L-...-Team-1973
"History records that the Money Changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." --James Madison
Sht. Imagine having that job? Then, the POTUS is assassinated, and you put it together...what to do? Prouty is amazing. Always was.

Anyone wondered how some people just got to live? Even if they talked?
What was the plan? To shove it more in our face: We are in control?

The more things change.

Dawn
Charles Drago Wrote:Watch closely the scene in JFK in which the general is seated behind his Pentagon desk. A three-quarters obscured nameplate is visible, but enough of "Edward G." is there for us to get Stone's hint.

Speaking of thinly disguised military suspects in the Kennedy hit, I'm reminded of Robert Morrow's First Hand Knowledge and the unnamed Air Force colonels he implicated in the plot.

Does the name O'Wighton Delk Simpson strike a familiar chord?

From the Mary Ferrell Database: Date of birth 8/27/11. Date of death 10/3/99. Attained rank of Lieutenant Colonel in 1945 (not promoted in 16 years – invited to retire). From 1948 to 1950 he was Chief of Intelligence, 5th Air Force, Japan; 1959-1961, Special Assistant to Commander-in-Chief Samuel E. Anderson, Air Material Command, Dayton, Ohio; 1961-63, in charge of industrial intelligence for Martin Aerospace; 1963-66, on Washington staff of Martin Marietta Corp.

Son, O'Wighton Delk Simpson, Jr., died "under suspicious circumstances" 12/31/82 in West Palm Beach, Florida, age 39. Son had claimed his father was "bagman" for Kennedy assassination. "Payoff" allegedly took place in Haiti.

For bio summary see http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/osimpson.htm

Simpson worked closely, if below the radar screen, with LBJ's military counsel, Air Force Lt. Colonel Howard L. Burris, who died on January 3, 2009, at age 90. See John Newman's JFK and Vietnam for interesting details.

The Simpson saga is savagely fascinating for oh so many reasons -- not the least of which are connections to the perfidy of Gus Russo and the death of Bernard "Bud" Fensterwald.
Charles,

"Savagely interesting" indeed. I've poked around the Simpson-Burris story for many years and have collected as much information about Simpson, his strange life and career, and the allegations of his son as I could get 'hold of.

While, in my opinion, there is not sufficient information available to make a definitive judgement on the story, there is enough to draw some tentative conclusions.

Part of the problem is that the only contemporaneous records we have for the principals in the story were generated by Morrow, who was, shall we say, not the most subtle or gifted interrogator...

It's a fascinating and (potentially) very important area of research. Perhaps it deserves a thread. I may start one.
Please do Alan. I for one would be most interested in knowing more about this intriguing and little known character. And a warm welcome to you :ciao:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Alan,

I look forward to learning more about your research.

Have you run across a certain Roland "Bud" Culligan?

Best,

Charles
Charles Drago Wrote:Alan,

I look forward to learning more about your research.

Have you run across a certain Roland "Bud" Culligan?

Best,

Charles
No, I have not come across Culligan in relation to Simpson or Burris. Culligan's story is a most interesting collection of claims, and certainly seems worthy of further inquiry. If one knew where to go...

I will shortly dredge up the materials I have accumulated on Simpson and Burris, and lay out the story as completely as it has been developed. Some little-known but important work has been done in this area by Larry Haapanen, John Williams, and Larry Hancock. I got 'hold of a great deal of primary resource material following a couple of lengthy conversations with our friend Gus Russo. I will attempt to contextualize the information and offer some thoughts as to its significance. Then we can all have at it, and see where (if anywhere) it leads.
Fair enough.

Culligan spent time in Rhode Island's state prison, the Adult Correctional Institution (ACI), where he spun his "license to kill" story to a pastoral counselor.

There's more to the story, which I'll share shortly.

I live in RI, and through political connections I attempted to access Culligan's prison records.

Big surprise -- They are STRICTLY off-limits.

Somewhere in my library there's a copy of a very brief monograph on Culligan that was published about five or six years ago. There isn't much to it.

CD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pictures of Clay Shaw and General Thrasher John Kowalski 1 2,278 05-12-2019, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jim DiEugenio on Caufield's General Walker book Jim DiEugenio 12 9,347 07-03-2016, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  General Edwin "Ted" Walker Drew Phipps 9 6,885 01-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  General Giap knew Tracy Riddle 10 6,403 05-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  General Question Lauren Johnson 31 12,949 28-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  General Godfrey McHugh Allan Eaglesham 0 2,381 31-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Allan Eaglesham
  General Maxwell Taylor Bernice Moore 0 2,312 08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore