Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AARC Letter to National Archivist
JFKcountercoup

Rex Bradford notes: The Assassination Archives and Research Center (AARC), in a letterdated January 20, 2012, requested that the National Archives and the CIArelease some 50,000 pages relating to the JFK assassination that remainwithheld in full from the public, as well as an undisclosed number of partiallydeleted records. The letter maintains that release of such records well beforethe 50th anniversary of the assassination on November 22, 2013, is essential to having a full androbust national discussion of this event and its significance. The workinggroup that produced the AARC's letter consisted of three AARC Board Members andtwo leading attorneys who have a profound interest in the subject. The letterwas also signed by Professor G. Robert Blakey, the former Chief Counsel of theHouse Select Committee on Assassinations.

In short, the AARC has advised NARAand the CIA that fifty years of secrecy isenough.
The working group is currently discussing how best todevelop a plan of action to get NARAand CIA to expedite disclosure of thewithheld records. Stay tuned.

Note: The majority of the over 1 million pages of records inthe MFF's Document Archive come from the files of the AARC,whose President Jim Lesar along with other members have worked tirelessly andsuccessfully for release of JFK assassination records over the decades.

AARC
Assassination Archives and Research Center
Jim Lesar, President

January 20, 2012

United StatesArchivist David S. Ferreiro
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
Washington D.C. 20081-0001

Dear Mr. Ferreiro:

In 1992, Congress passed the "President John F. KennedyAssassination Records Collection Act of 1992" ("JFK Act") which requires "theexpeditious public transmission to the Archivist and public disclosure of" allrecords designated as assassination relate. The clear design of the legislationwas to declassify and release to the public as many of the records as possible,holding back only a few of the most highly-classified documents until 2017. Atthat time the only way in which a record could continue to be withheld would beif the President of the United Statespersonally approved the continued withholding of specific records undermandated strict standards. The legislative motivation behind the JFK Act was toenable the American public to review as many as possible of the entire originalbody of more than 5 million government pages pertaining to the assassination toallow full scholarly and historical analysis of it, and to assess its impact byand on the historical events surrounding it.

Yet despite the passage of nearly 20 years since the Act waspassed, it was only recently that scholars learned that there are not just afew CIA records missing from the publicrecords, but approximately 50,000 pages which remain classified. (The volume ofpartially withheld pages is unknown but is also quite substantial.) Thiscontravenes both the letter and spirit of the JFK Act and is unacceptable as amatter of law.

Enforcement of the JFK Act's disclosure mandateoriginally repose in a five-member panel of citizens, the AssassinationsRecords Review Board ("ARRB"). Upon demise of the ARRB, the Act delegated [/FONT]NARA[/FONT] to carry out its provisions "until such at time asthe Archivist certifies to the President and to Congress that all assassinationrecords have been made available to the public…" 1. The Act further providesthat "all postponed or redacted records shall be reviewed periodically by theoriginating agency and the Archivist consistent with the recommendations of theReview Board…."

.........Letter [/FONT]Continued at:
[URL="http://www.aarclibrary.org/notices/AARC_Letter_to_National_Archives_12-01-20.pdf"]www.aarclibrary.org/notices/AARC_Letter_to_National_Archives_12-01-20.pdf

[/URL]
Featured AARC Letter to US Archivist on CIA Records[URL="http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2012/01/aarc-letter-to-us-archivist.html"]
JFKcountercoup: AARC Letter to US Archivist

Featured AARC Letter to US Archivist on CIA Records

AARC - Assassination Archives and Research Center

Bill Kelly
[/URL]JFKcountercoup
Good show and good luck! Hey, Bill, did you see about the FBI 'blackballing' - I'll bet the CIA was/is doing the exact same thing! Of course, they are also just withholding files that they feel are damning to themselves, their activities and their 'image' [i.e illegal, immoral, unconstitutional, against international law, unjustifiable, incompatible with a democracy, treasonous, murder, war crimes and genocidal, etc., et al.] Pirate
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Good show and good luck! Hey, Bill, did you see about the FBI 'blackballing' - I'll bet the CIA was/is doing the exact same thing! Of course, they are also just withholding files that they feel are damning to themselves, their activities and their 'image' [i.e illegal, immoral, unconstitutional, against international law, unjustifiable, incompatible with a democracy, treasonous, murder, war crimes and genocidal, etc., et al.] Pirate

Hey Peter, thanks for the heads up on on the Blackballing article. Thanks to Maggie too. Keep me posted if there are any followups on that.

You know, Morley v. CIA suit is an appeal over an FOIA request, and not connected to the JFK Act at all.

Apparently the Joannidies/DRE records were not considered relevant - and I think that is a Blackballing term they call NCR, even though the accused assassin had tried to infiltrate the New Orleans DRE, got busted with their psychological officer and Joannidies was the CIA's case officer for them. How could that not be relevant?

There will be another letter/request that everyone can sign that will call for the release of the remaining JFK assassination records that are withheld before the 50th anniversary, rather than in 2017.

I don't know if these letters and petitions do any good. We need to do something like that which got the JFK Act passed in the first place - a movie like JFK with the message, or a Wiki Blackout, which got the SOPA act pulled. We need a real newsworthy event that will get people to create the consensus to hold a JFK Act oversight hearing, release the remaining JFK assassination records and convene a federal grand jury to prosecute those responsible for crimes related to the assassination and cover-up.

BK
[URL="http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/"]JFKcountercoup
[/URL]
Please pass these links on so Lesar's letter to the NARA Archivist gets as wide distribution as possible. T
Thanks,

JFKcountercoup: Dear Mr. Chairman Darrell Issa (R. Calf.)[URL="http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Featured_AARC_Letter_to_US_Archivist_on_CIA_Records"]
[/URL]AARC - Assassination Archives and Research Center
ill [QUOTE]
BK
JFKcountercoup

Please pass these links on so Lesar's letter to the NARA Archivist gets as wide distribution as possible.
Thanks,
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bill,
Thanks for all this information. Maybe we can think of a plan to do what you ask at the end of your letter. I'm going to try to come up with something, and hope others will do the same. This is very important for ALL of us.
Adele
Bill Kelly Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Good show and good luck! Hey, Bill, did you see about the FBI 'blackballing' - I'll bet the CIA was/is doing the exact same thing! Of course, they are also just withholding files that they feel are damning to themselves, their activities and their 'image' [i.e illegal, immoral, unconstitutional, against international law, unjustifiable, incompatible with a democracy, treasonous, murder, war crimes and genocidal, etc., et al.] Pirate

Hey Peter, thanks for the heads up on on the Blackballing article. Thanks to Maggie too. Keep me posted if there are any followups on that.

You know, Morley v. CIA suit is an appeal over an FOIA request, and not connected to the JFK Act at all.

Apparently the Joannidies/DRE records were not considered relevant - and I think that is a Blackballing term they call NCR, even though the accused assassin had tried to infiltrate the New Orleans DRE, got busted with their psychological officer and Joannidies was the CIA's case officer for them. How could that not be relevant?

There will be another letter/request that everyone can sign that will call for the release of the remaining JFK assassination records that are withheld before the 50th anniversary, rather than in 2017.

I don't know if these letters and petitions do any good. We need to do something like that which got the JFK Act passed in the first place - a movie like JFK with the message, or a Wiki Blackout, which got the SOPA act pulled. We need a real newsworthy event that will get people to create the consensus to hold a JFK Act oversight hearing, release the remaining JFK assassination records and convene a federal grand jury to prosecute those responsible for crimes related to the assassination and cover-up.

BK
[URL="http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/"]JFKcountercoup
[/URL]
Please pass these links on so Lesar's letter to the NARA Archivist gets as wide distribution as possible. T
Thanks,

JFKcountercoup: Dear Mr. Chairman Darrell Issa (R. Calf.)[URL="http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Featured_AARC_Letter_to_US_Archivist_on_CIA_Records"]
[/URL]AARC - Assassination Archives and Research Center

Hey Adele, Good point that Morley v. CIA should be kept in mind, if not folded into a larger legal action [or other 'group efforts'] for the release of all agencies' files on JFK [and related] matters (as I've always felt that much of it is hidden in some of the more obscure intelligence agencies, not usually thought much about, such as Customs, ATF, Naval Intell. etc. - even in some local jurisdictions.) But, I digress. I think it is of IMMENSE interest and IMPORTANCE to all of us involved in fact [such as Adele]; or researchers; or simply as American Citizens to know our True History of the events of Dallas [and related] - which really, IMHO, is the recent TRUE history of our Country, which as been purposely HIDDEN from us; in the exact way a magician hides what he/she is really doing to acheive some false 'effect/image/action'. While a magician does it for entertainment, our Secret/DP Government has done it for stealth and deception (and worse), IMO.

I personally like the current 'Occupy' model and suggest an 'Occupy the JFK Records' Movement - complete with letter writing, petitioning and lawsuits to Congress and Agencies, etc. - plus demonstrations and visible events to awake and alarm the Public of what they are having denied and withheld - and its consequences and importance! It need not be just one such - but multiple coordinated efforts.

Just one example that comes to miind in this just awake, sleepy head while drinking all too much coffee. Occupy recently did a Martha Grahamesque people-under-black cloth 'happening' physically blocking the entrance to banks and corporate HQs - This black blob - with dancers underneath was both very visually stunning, it confused the police and attracted the media. Those not under the 'black blob' were vocalizing and showing signs of their demands and grievances. Along with letters, petitions, backing by important persons, legal actions, I'd strongly suggest an ongoing and increasingly powerful and visible civil disobedience and civil awareness program - with black blobs in front of CIA HQ or other such - this is just one possible example to make my point and need not be the actual event - one of many.

If not us, who?; If not now, when?! We are indeed all mortal and those of us who remember these events as they first occurred are getting long in the tooth. I, personally, am having health problems and don't know how much longer I'll be fighting on. Their strategy, obviously, is to deny the good stuff until after all who remember and really care are gone [who gets really worked up now about the conspiracy to assassinate Lincoln?]. I personally am tired of ONLY following the straight and narrow perfectly 'proper and legal' paths [they should, of course be followed - in fact greatly intensified!]. See my quote [below] by Zinn. It is time to also do some civil disobedience, as MLK would have done to get our ****ing History BACK - and [size=12]NOW![/SIZE] Rant over.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I like the occupy the Archives idea Peter.

Maybe during Sunshine week in March.

Even if only for a day.

BK
JFKcountercoup
Call me a cynic, but it rather sounds like calling happily to the wolf to go fetch the paper...
Bill Kelly Wrote:I like the occupy the Archives idea Peter.

Maybe during Sunshine week in March.

Even if only for a day.

BK
JFKcountercoup

Well you might want to start with ONE day, but it will obviously need many actions and days/efforts! You have five+ natural groups of allies to enlist:
1] the DC and National Occupy Groups
2] the JFK Research community and those VERY interested in this matter
3] Constitutional Attorneys, Freedom of Information/Sunshine Groups, Progressive Groups who just generally want the Govt. to come clean on this and lots of other things.
4] Alternative media
5] Important persons; current and former Govt. offcials willing to speak out on this.

I know where and how to contact the people in Group 1 and to some extents 2 and 3, 4, 5 - as do you. It will take many working from different places and groups toward the same end. Pick a symbolic day when more can attend and a symbolic place or places and actions! I can easily think of many - NARA; CIA and FBI HQ; Certain Committees Offices; White House; National Press Club [if they don't let you in you speak via mic check OUTSIDE] - Black blobs, press releases, posters, protesters, door blockers, street marchers and all!....for any and all of the aforementioned. You and a few others can stay 'above the fray' in suits and ties and try the front door - but if it gets slammed on you [likely] the back door and then the front doors will be SHUT DOWN in non-violent civil disobedience. Get the alternative media there and the livestreamers and build from there. Have Morley speak or others like that. They are stonwalling us, and now is the time to call their bluff and jump over their 'walls'. Who's documents and archives? OUR documents and archives! Who's President was assassinated? OUR President was assassinated. These would-be controllers of information and false truth have best get out of the way - as the People are about to come on through - one way or another! "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired" - Mary Lou Haimer
Albert Doyle Wrote:Call me a cynic, but it rather sounds like calling happily to the wolf to go fetch the paper...

Cynics can sit back and do nothing and be right.

Meanwhile, action can be taken by those who think that the 50th anniversary of the assassination presents the last opportunity to release the remaining records, have Congress conduct JFK Act oversight and hold those who have destroyed records accountable, locate those records said to have been lost and to convene a grand jury to investigate and indict those responsible for crimes related to the assassination.

The petition to the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee and the Lesar's letter to the Archivist are only the first to broadsides to be fired.

Many more will come, and we expect a few return volleys.

You can sit on the sidelines if you want, its safer there.

BK

JFKcountercoup
AARC has just released the letter to the Archivist of the United States calling for early release of withheld JFK assassination records. G. Robert Blakey signed on to this letter, an important development.

For your information, here are the links to the AARC letter--

http://www.aarclibrary.org/

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.ph...IA_Records

or

http://tinyurl.com/7ke6wzj

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oswald's last letter Jim DiEugenio 1 2,187 07-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Billy Joe Lord 1977 Letter to new POTUS: Why is there STILL misunderstanding of what triggered it? Tom Scully 0 1,931 28-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  My Cover Letter to Rep. Ilhan Omar Jim DiEugenio 3 3,303 25-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  National Archives releases first batch of 2017 JFK documents Anthony Thorne 154 168,154 10-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  National Archives releases some October 2017 documents, withholds others Anthony Thorne 3 4,805 27-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Martin White
  First letter from CIA to instruct assignments the day after the assassination Scott Kaiser 1 2,436 29-04-2017, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  "killing kennedy" documentary to be produced by national geographic channel Mark Prior 6 6,594 28-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  I hope no three letter agency is violating my privacy Scott Kaiser 1 2,831 14-10-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John F. Kennedy's letter to his alleged mistress (Mary Meyer) is up for auction Drew Phipps 51 23,319 24-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Marina Oswald's Letter to the ARRB Jim DiEugenio 5 4,255 11-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Ray Kovach