Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Paines and the Minox Camera Charade
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:I am glad this was not locked.

Because in reply to the above, according to John Armstrong, the Minox at the archives is sealed.

But further, isn't it odd that there are two Minoxes there in the first place.

According to Hoover's scheme, there should only be one.

Wait now, when you say, "...there are two Minoxes there...," are you saying there are two Minox cameras in the archives? I thought there was only one -- the one supposedly belonging to Michael Paine that was retrieved from Ruth Paine on 1/31/64, from her Irving, TX address and having the reported serial number 27259. Isn't the attached photo an image of the only camera now in the archives? There are several confusing issues going on here for me, but that's not particularly surprising.

::doh::

1) The reported serial number for Michael Paine's camera does not fall within the range of a Minox III camera, but of a Minox II camera instead; 2) John Armstrong reports that the archived camera is sealed shut and cannot be opened, so its serial number was not or is not retrievable; 3) Where is the Minox II camera that would have had the serial number reported? 4) The Minox III camera in the archives cannot be the same one confiscated from Oswald's sea bag because it does not have both Detectives Rose and Stovall's initials scratched on the bottom, unless they were supposed to have done this, failed to do so, and then lied about having done so. 5) Did anyone ask Michael Paine why he purchased a subminiature camera primarily used for espionage? What was his specific reasons for owning it and where did he purchase the camera? I mean, if the man is still alive, has he never been asked why he specifically needed a Minox subminiature spy camera? It doesn't sound plausible that anyone would wake up one morning and decide they needed an expensive, hard to find, tiny camera for family snap shots.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7894&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   Minox III.jpg (Size: 124.73 KB / Downloads: 11)

Messages In This Thread
The Paines and the Minox Camera Charade - by Deborra Ann Low - 05-01-2016, 04:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Minox Camera Jim DiEugenio 2 6,719 06-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Bill Simpich New Article: (Part 11: The Paines Carry the Weight) Alan Dale 2 7,175 22-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Paines all over... Steve Duffy 11 6,913 18-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Steve Duffy
  United Fruit's Banana Wars: Banister, Preston, Draper, E.H. Hunt, Dulles, Paines, Forbes, Cabots etc John Bevilaqua 3 10,547 26-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Last Post: John Bevilaqua