Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Dallas cops were involved in the pre-arranged murder of J.D. Tippit ....
Drew Phipps Wrote:OK, so the show was "The Lost JFK Tapes: the Assassination." It was a 2 hour show that aired on the National Geographic Channel last week. I have it recorded on my DVR, and I understand that I could transfer it to a DVD and extract clips or stills from it with the right gear and know how, but I'm not sure I have either.

We know that the mass media, in their haste to get a story first, often makes factual mistakes That said, a story with video often reveals details inconsistent with the way history eventually is written. Here is a partial list of the strangeness.

At 42 minutes in, there is a story about, and a video clip of, a "24 year old" pudgy man wearing a suit and glasses who was "arrested inside the TSBD." He claimed to have gone into the building "to use the telephone." The story sounds like the Eugene Brading story (albeit in the wrong building) but the guy looks more like Richard Cain.

At 44 minutes in, there is the clip of a plainclothes officer (presumably Westbrook) and a uniformed officer (?) handling the "Tippet wallet" except in this clip, the uniform also (as is remarked on by the announcer and) clearly does have in his hands a revolver. The news caster says this is the gun used to kill Tippet. Now, the problem with that is that Oswald still had a revolver in hand at the Theater (allegedly). The second problem is the iron sight on the revolver in the clip looks triangular, not rounded (as the NARA revolver is), and the barrel seems a bit longer, though I haven't digitally measured the image.

Later a clip shows DPD forensics guy Lt. Day powdering the rifle for prints INSIDE the TSBD among the boxes. It was claimed officially that he dusted the gun for prints back in his office at the station (IIRC)

There may be more, I'm going to have to watch it again with a pad of paper and the pause button handy.

MEGATHANKS!! That was enough info to find it. I've made a short vidcap of the scene in .mp4 and .ogv formats. Hopefully, the .mp4 file will display here.

[video]http://harveyandlee.net/Temp/Revolver.mp4[/video]

Looks like a revolver to me, and this must be Ron Reiland footage from a different angle than I've seen before. I've got this video in a temp file on my website, and I probably shouldn't leave it there forever, so interested persons should have a look ASAP.
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996

Messages In This Thread
Two Dallas cops were involved in the pre-arranged murder of J.D. Tippit .... - by Jim Hargrove - 01-06-2016, 03:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bart Kamp's Dallas Conference Prayer Man Presentation Brian Doyle 0 434 28-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why Officer Tippit stopped his Killer Jim DiEugenio 24 21,080 26-12-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Bob Dylan chimes in on Hit In Dallas Peter Lemkin 0 2,181 13-06-2020, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The Tippit Case in the New Millenium Jim DiEugenio 192 203,779 23-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Reports on or from the Dallas or other Conferences Re: November 22 - 55 years ago!! Peter Lemkin 16 20,892 11-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Don Jeffries
  John D. Norman, from whom Jack Ruby rented a Dallas apartment George Klees 1 35,177 24-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  OUR HIDDEN HISTORY podcast on JFK and Tippit murders Joseph McBride 1 10,484 22-09-2018, 01:29 PM
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 10,198 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
  Plaza Man: Bob Groden vs the city of Dallas Jim DiEugenio 35 70,167 07-08-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Roger Craig - one of the few good cops on the DPD Peter Lemkin 2 5,158 01-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride