Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Death of Sen. Paul Wellstone (D-MN)
Yes--and I was not previously aware of those threats. But I was aware of
the far more ominous threat delivered by Dick Cheney. The airplane was
not brought down because of the failure of its deicing equipment to work.
It was much more elaborate than that. In fact, I would suggest that this
is a nice example of an attempt to distract attention from others who had
the motive, the means, and the opportunity to take him out. (I noticed,
by the way, that the file on newspaper articles included several columns
that I had written about the case. It is interesting to me that the FBI, as
I had supposed, was aware of my arguments about the crash, yet there
is no indication that they investigated any of the leads that I provided.)

Peter Lemkin Wrote:Minnesota Public Radio has obtained the FBI record of the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minnesota, who died in a plane crash eight years ago this week. The records show the FBI first tracked Wellstone in 1970 after he was arrested at an anti-Vietnam War protest. The records might also raise new questions about the plane crash that killed Wellstone, his wife, his daughter and three staffers. The National Transportation Safety Board determined the crash was caused by pilot error, but the FBI documents reveal for the first time that specific criminal leads were pursued by investigators. Part of the FBI probe focused on problems with the plane’s de-icing equipment. A caller from Florida said members of the American Trucking Association had planned to disconnect the plane’s de-icing equipment because they were upset with Wellstone’s efforts to expose organized crime in the trucking industry. The FBI files also reveal that Wellstone’s St. Paul office received a threatening postcard the day before the plane crash.

Messages In This Thread
The Death of Sen. Paul Wellstone (D-MN) - by James H. Fetzer - 27-10-2010, 03:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assassination of Paul Wellstone - and Why It Likely Was Done! Peter Lemkin 0 2,860 25-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Paul Shrade and RFK Assassination Tom Bowden 3 15,483 02-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  New evidence of cover up in Dr David Kelly's death. Doctors want inquest. Magda Hassan 95 75,068 12-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  Paul Schrade on second gunman in RFK shooting Joseph McBride 48 42,022 19-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Ashley Wood
  Police review Rolling Stone Brian Jones death after MoS reveals new evidence Myra Bronstein 19 25,498 01-03-2015, 04:55 PM
  Death of Diana Spencer: The Complete Articles. Seamus Coogan 4 4,998 07-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Seamus Coogan
  The Committee - Northern Ireland Death Squads Magda Hassan 6 9,303 31-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Obama Issues Ron Paul “Kill Order” As Russia Prepares For War Ed Jewett 6 4,839 18-12-2011, 05:51 PM
  Daily Mirror headline RFK murder and RFK's speech on the death of MLK Bernice Moore 0 3,287 09-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Latin America mourns Cabral’s death - Argentinian Leftist Singer Killed in Guatamala. Peter Lemkin 4 7,231 12-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin