Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFK Blackmailed as a "Soviet Agent"? -- A Hypothesis
At one point in the book tour for The Dark Side of Camelot, Seymour Hersh was asked by an MSM interviewer if, during his research, he had discovered anything so controversial or unnerving about John Fitzgerald Kennedy that he could not possibly include it in the final draft.

"I heard things about JFK I didn't want to believe," was Hersh's cagey response.

My interpretation: The disinformation boys were trying to sell him the tall tale that JFK, beginning in the mid-30s and until the second he died, was a witting Soviet agent.

I offer this troubling hypothesis for consideration. It is composed of informed conjecture. It must not be confused or conflated with the product of classic research. Rather, it emerges from the imagination which in turn is informed and directed by hard-won knowledge.

Its totality is greater than the sum of its parts.

In recent weeks, here and on other JFK asssassination websites, much has been written about the likelihood of JFK being the target of sexual blackmail. The discussions have ranged from sober inquiries to sticky exercises in onanism.

I submit for your consideration that JFK may have been threatened with exposure not of his wanton womanizing, but rather with his receptivity to a Soviet intelligence recruitment effort -- or a Western intelligence provocation disguised as a Soviet recruitment effort -- which may have taken place during his brief tenure at the London School of Economics in 1935.

Let me be clear: I am not suggesting for a nanosecond that JFK in fact did become a witting Soviet asset. But even a youthful, idealistic, quickly terminated dalliance with Marxism, perhaps as championed by Harold Laski (JFK's teacher), would have been enough to hang over JFK's head in later public years and amount to prime blackmail material.

If run by a Western service, the operation would have been the intellectual/ideological equivalent of a so-called honeytrap.

Something to put in the bank for later use.

Sexual blackmail vis a vis JFK has never cut the mustard for me. There would have had to have been something far more damaging, far more likely to have been exposed by the Cold War media to the Cold War public.

So damaging, perhaps, that even though totally fabricated, it still had -- and has -- the power to control JFK's actions and those of his family.

Imagine ... the likes of Novotny and Rometsch held over his head not for the fact that they were his sexual partners, but rather because they were among his Moscow Center conduits.

I'm treading very delicately here.

Your thoughts, please.

Messages In This Thread
JFK Blackmailed as a "Soviet Agent"? -- A Hypothesis - by Charles Drago - 16-02-2011, 10:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin JFK, Vietnam and Agent Orange Richard Coleman 2 2,738 11-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Lienvoy (phone tap on cuban/soviet emb/cons) only 2 leads from sept 1963 David Josephs 3 4,240 23-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  "Oswald" Was a CIA Agent Jim Hargrove 15 16,836 17-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  FOIA release / Muckrock article - CIA abandoned logic to clear Soviet defector Yuri Nosenko Anthony Thorne 1 3,396 11-07-2017, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Secret Service agent theory comes back every year, zombie-like Tracy Riddle 5 4,867 30-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  U.S. Agent Ruby Killed U.S. Agent Oswald Jim Hargrove 21 12,555 20-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  Marilyn Monroe killed by CIA Agent James Hayworth ~ death bed confession Anthony DeFiore 1 3,497 23-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  More Perjury by FBI Agent Robert Frazier? Drew Phipps 9 5,591 17-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  RIP Don Adams, FBI agent who wrote about trying to investigate Milteer Joseph McBride 2 4,147 22-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Bowers - A Hypothesis Albert Doyle 23 16,630 01-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle