Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowers - A Hypothesis
I'd like to propose, when you watch Lane interview Bowers, that we insert the assumption Bowers saw several authority-looking figures behind the fence shooting Kennedy. Some maybe even dressed in SS suits and police uniforms. Then examine his statement to Lane that he "saw a flash he could not identify then nor could he identify now" and insert his using this to avoid acknowledging what he really saw and see if it makes sense? Look at him when he says "I could not say". I'm not sure if what we are seeing here is Bowers covering for the fact he can't talk about what he really saw. Bowers died 3 months later in a single car crash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXWN06cRmlA

More specifically Bowers says "an unusual occurrence happened there that caught my eye which I could not say then or now"...and that "something out of the ordinary happened there which I cannot say".

See what I mean?
Albert Doyle Wrote:More specifically Bowers says "an unusual occurrence happened there that caught my eye which I could not say then or now"...and that "something out of the ordinary happened there which I cannot say".

See what I mean?

Interesting thinking!

Jack
Albert, you've captured the essence of my original "hypothesis" threads motivations.

So you would add Bowers's to Ruby's "there are things I could tell you"-like statements within a "Nudge-Nudge, Wink-Wink" category.

Where, by the way, we might find LHO's plea for "someone" to come forward to represent him.

The central element of my Chicago-as-ruse hypothesis -- its doppelganger excesses -- can be quantified and compared to scores of other such tactics within the conspiracy.

The Bowers argument, alas, seems based solely on objective interpretations of his word choice, inflections, expressions, etc.

In this instance I'm on the picket fence.
Charles Drago Wrote:The Bowers argument, alas, seems based solely on objective interpretations of his word choice, inflections, expressions, etc.

Just curious - What side of the fence does Bowers later admitting to Holland that he saw a rifle thrown into a trunk pull you?

Albert Doyle Wrote:
Charles Drago Wrote:The Bowers argument, alas, seems based solely on objective interpretations of his word choice, inflections, expressions, etc.

Just curious - What side of the fence does Bowers later admitting to Holland that he saw a rifle thrown into a trunk pull you?

I do not remember this Bowers quote. Where is it?
My balance is made more precarious, but on the fence I remain.

If Bowers made such an admission to Holland, then he blew his entire "I'm not talking, but ... " gambit.
Just to make it clear, here is the entire WC Q & A regarding the two men Bowers' saw:

Mr. BALL. Now, were there any people standing on the high side -- high ground between your tower and where Elm Street goes down under the underpass toward the mouth of the underpass?

Mr. BOWERS. Directly in line, towards the mouth of the underpass, there were two men. One man, middle-aged, or slightly older, fairly heavy-set, in a white shirt, fairly dark trousers. Another younger man, about mid-twenties, in either a plaid shirt or plaid coat or jacket.

Mr. BALL. Were they standing together or standing separately?

Mr. BOWERS. They were standing within 10 or 15 feet of each other, and gave no appearance of being together, as far as I knew.

Mr. BALL. In what direction were they facing?

Mr. BOWERS. They were facing and looking up towards Main and Houston, and following the caravan as it came down.

Also, from the recent book on Ed Hoffman, pg.157

"On October 1, 2001, JFK assassination researcher Debra Conway interviewed Olan Degaugh, who was the Supervisor of the Yard Department with the Union Terminal Railroad Company and was directly over Lee Bowers' boss, Sam "Skinny" Holland. Conway provided the authors with the notes from that interview,

At the time of the assassination, along with his railroad job, Degaugh owned D's Parking, which started where the Hyatt Regency Hotel is now and went around the railroad tower behind the Texas School Book Depository.

Degaugh had a conversation with Lee Bowers sometime after the assassination and learned that from his location inside the switching tower, Bowers saw a man open the trunk of this car and put something inside and then the vehicle left the area. The car, an older coupe of some kind, an older car, was parked next to the picket fence.

Although Degaugh claimed Bowers never said why he didn't tell everything he saw before he died. Degaugh felt Bowers never told the authorities about the men, the car, or what he saw these men doing immediately after the shooting because he did not want to be more involved in the assassination controversy. Degaugh said that Bowers was a good worker and a fine person. Further, Degaugh described Bowers as all business, didn't talk very much and while he was somewhat of an introvert. was very credible.

On September 8, 2003, Conway conducted a second interview of Olan Degaugh who provided this additional information,

He quoted Sam Holland telling him that the shots sounded like popcorn being popped. Standing on the railroad bridge he believed the sounds were coming from the north or east side of the fence line.

Degaugh said that Bowers told him that he saw someone running away. This person put something inside a car, get into the car and drive away. Degaugh said that Bowers told him it looked like a rifle. "

Likewise, from Dale Meyers' site:

The Reverend Wilfred Bailey, Bowers' minister, told researchers, "Lee did discuss that day with me. He said he saw movement behind the fence. He believed something was going on, but he never got more specific than that. He did not share with me any more than he shared with the Warren Commission."

In 1967 a friend and fellow employee of Bowers, James R. Sterling gave a statement to Gary Sanders of Jim Garrison's staff. Sterling said Bowers "...observed two men running from behind the fence. They ran up to a car parked behind the Pergola, opened the trunk and placed something in it and then closed the trunk. The two men then drove the car away in somewhat of a peculiar method."

Then there's Walter Rishel, a self-proclaimed friend of Lee Bowers (the Bowers family doesn't recall him), who claimed that Bowers told him he saw two men fire shots from the picket fence, but was afraid to speak out."

I am trying to get a copy of Bowers' written statement to the Sherrif's dept. Anyone have it?

Best,

Debra

---
Please contact me at conwayd@jfklancer.com and visit the rest of our website
at http://www.jfklancer.com

Attached Files
.jpg   moore_bowers.view_thompson_circa66.jpg (Size: 32.67 KB / Downloads: 24)
.jpg   moore_bowers_LaneX`.JPG (Size: 43.82 KB / Downloads: 22)
.jpg   moore_bowers_switchtower.jpg (Size: 31.13 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   moore_Bowers_tower_today`.JPG (Size: 72.48 KB / Downloads: 24)
.jpg   moore_Bowers_view-site_marsh_98.jpg (Size: 46.33 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   moore_bowers2.JPG (Size: 25.82 KB / Downloads: 17)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_wP-kCdQPE&NR=1

JFKThe Death of Eyewitness Lee Bowers

The account here is that Bowers reported two gunmen firing, throwing rifles into a trunk, driving away.

Bowers disappeared for a day or two; when he returned he was missing a finger.

He survived being run into the bridge barrier for four hours during which time he complained he had been drugged when he stopped for coffee.

Bowers told the police the second two shots were too close together to be fired by a single shooter. The police told him he was not an expert.

Ball cut off witness Bowers before the latter could implicate a conspiracy.

Bowers was unable to finger the real shooters as they cut off his finger; and, his life.
Bernice Moore Wrote:Although Degaugh claimed Bowers never said why he didn't tell everything he saw before he died. Degaugh felt Bowers never told the authorities about the men, the car, or what he saw these men doing immediately after the shooting because he did not want to be more involved in the assassination controversy. Degaugh said that Bowers was a good worker and a fine person. Further, Degaugh described Bowers as all business, didn't talk very much and while he was somewhat of an introvert. was very credible.

Thank you Bernice. Even the people Bowers fessed-up to felt he wasn't telling the whole story.

From what we know I don't think it's a far stretch to suggest the remaining part of the story Bowers withheld and what the others felt wasn't being totally revealed was the fact Bowers saw people who looked like figures of authority dressed in Secret Service-type suits and police uniforms. Why would Bowers stay mum even after admitting the rifle? Because he watched the whole danged thing and saw the same men he saw shoot then turn around and flash SS credentials to the officers who ran up the Knoll. Bowers realized this operation was deep and he was a dead man if he talked. The conspirators probably kept that possibility from ever happening with a one car accident out on a highway.

Once you realize Bowers wasn't telling the whole truth and said he only had his attention drawn by a flash, but then he admitted he saw men throwing a rifle into a trunk, you have to ask what was he holding back from the rifle story?

Bowers was no dummy. He knew a CIA black op when he saw one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New book--JFK Assassination Eyewitness: Rush to Conspiracy. The Real Facts of Lee Bowers' Death Anita Dickason 3 3,091 09-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Hidell: A Hypothesis Charles Drago 7 5,282 20-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Albert Rossi
  The Chicago Plot: A Hypothesis Charles Drago 174 54,827 28-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Deep Political Science and Altgens 6: A Hypothesis Charles Drago 34 12,256 14-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Vasilios Vazakas
  JFK Blackmailed as a "Soviet Agent"? -- A Hypothesis Charles Drago 15 7,034 23-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  JFK Blackmailed as a "Nazi Agent?" -- A Hypothesis Charles Drago 2 2,972 21-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Christer Forslund
  The Meaning of Hidell: An Hypothesis Charles Drago 5 4,331 24-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo