Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidell: A Hypothesis
Hidell = hide Lee and Lee.
Charles Drago Wrote:Hidell = hide Lee and Lee.

Good one - however, the novelist Don Delillo hit on this in his 1980s book on Oswald, Libra.
Richard Case Nagell said something about the meaning of "Hidell," but I'm having difficulty recalling it.

Anyone remember?
David Andrews Wrote:

Good one - however, the novelist Don Delillo hit on this in his 1980s book on Oswald, Libra.

Thanks, David. I truly was not aware.

Great literary minds think alike, I guess!
Charles Drago Wrote:
David Andrews Wrote:

Thanks, David. I truly was not aware.

Great literary minds think alike, I guess!

Delillo had it as Hide-ell (ell = graphic representation of sound of letter L) - "Hidell means Don't Tell." It's a good book.
Stan Wilbourne Wrote:Richard Case Nagell said something about the meaning of "Hidell," but I'm having difficulty recalling it.

Anyone remember?

Something about Nag-ell, Hid-ell.

Also I don't know if it's in Russell or not, but I seem to remember from somwhere Jekyll + Hyde ==> Hidell...

And there are others ...
Stan Wilbourne Wrote:Richard Case Nagell said something about the meaning of "Hidell," but I'm having difficulty recalling it.

Anyone remember?

Dick Russell wrote that the "-ell" in Hidell was copied from the -ell in Nagell, and that he and Oswald used one-ell and two-ell spellings of the names Nagell and Hidell under different alias circumstances. It is possible that these five-letter vs. six-letter versions indicated work for the US some times and the Russians other times (Russell suggests that this is how Nagell used his "Nagel" alias, at least.)

Russell confronted Nagell with the idea that the "Hid-" in Hidell stood for the HID, a South Korean intelligence agency that Nagell worked with in Japan, and that Nagell may have had Oswald working for. Russell said that Nagell looked surprised at this reference, and then avoided the question, refusing to confirm or deny.

The Nagell-Oswald nexus is one of the most fascinating leads to assassination investigation.
David Andrews Wrote:Russell confronted Nagell with the idea that the "Hid-" in Hidell stood for the HID, a South Korean intelligence agency that Nagell worked with in Japan, and that Nagell may have had Oswald working for. Russell said that Nagell looked surprised at this reference, and then avoided the question, refusing to confirm or deny.

The Nagell-Oswald nexus is one of the most fascinating leads to assassination investigation.

Yeah, that was really interesting. Thanks for refreshing us on this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD87 p92 - SS tells us the rifle Kleins shipped to Hidell was a 91(T)roop (S)pecial carbine David Josephs 66 15,802 06-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Bowers - A Hypothesis Albert Doyle 23 15,520 01-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  The Chicago Plot: A Hypothesis Charles Drago 174 55,026 28-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Deep Political Science and Altgens 6: A Hypothesis Charles Drago 34 12,261 14-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Vasilios Vazakas
  Klein's $ 21.45 deposit of 3/13/63 was NOT "Hidell" money order Gil Jesus 3 3,452 01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  JFK Blackmailed as a "Soviet Agent"? -- A Hypothesis Charles Drago 15 7,036 23-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  JFK Blackmailed as a "Nazi Agent?" -- A Hypothesis Charles Drago 2 2,975 21-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Christer Forslund
  The Meaning of Hidell: An Hypothesis Charles Drago 5 4,332 24-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo
  FBI: "A.Hidell" could not receive mail at Dallas Box 2915 Gil Jesus 2 2,827 14-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  A Simple Explanation of "Hidell" Charles Drago 0 2,503 20-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago