Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE EVER EXPANDING THROAT WOUND - www.jfkthefrontshot.blospot.com
Gordon Gray Wrote:
Anthony DeFiore Wrote:Please respect the fact that I spoke to a professional marksman and I have researched the accounts of professional snipers. A bullet can go thru a windshield and hit its mark. I would not have put the information in my research compilation.
When you spoke to your marksman did he tell you how confident he would be in taking a shot though a car windshield? Piece of cake, or no? Today they have tables that will help them predict the degree of deflection. In the 60's they didn't. A shot through a windshield would have been very unpredictable for them. As with most snipers, taking a shot can reveal you position, or at least alert the security team and lead to counter measures. So it would have been inadvisable to take an unpredictable shot. Also a bullet striking glass would lose it's jacket, fragment, and tumble as well as being deflected. Such a bullet is not likely to have left such a small wound. I believe those firing from the front were using soft nosed or frangible bullets, because as a back up option, they would have been concerned with a kill at all costs. FMJ bullets would not have provided that assurance. I don't believe you have bothered to read the study I have sourced here. It is full a very useful information.

For neither being a spy or a marksman you sure do have a lot of opinions as to how they go about thier work...

Conclusive opinions that we are supposed to accept and incorporate into our thinking because... ???

I do not question the logic of your deduction, only the assumptions from which you start. "Would a sniper take that shot" versus... "the shot was taken, there's a hole in the windshield.. from where did the shot come and did it cause the throat wound"

By your logic it would make sense that the glass would slow the bullet enough that it would not penetrate the body....
yet at the same time, since none of the neck, throat, etc... was even dissected, how do we know that frontal shot didn't just exit the rear.. Lipsey's hole in the back of the upper neck...

I've seen elaborate proofs that BASED ON THE MEDICAL EVIDENCE a bullet did not, could not have passed from thru the body without leaving more traces... these traces were ignored
(Clark panel found metal traces on the c3/c4 xray... the backwound bullet entered at t3 and was removed from intercostal muscles under the right arm (O'Connor))

Did YOU speak to a marksmen or sniper Gordon - from which you get your eduated opinions?
If so, please illuminate... if not.... how do you debate Tony's work?

Quote:I believe those firing from the front were using soft nosed or frangible bullets, because as a back up option, they would have been concerned with a kill at all costs. FMJ bullets would not have provided that assurance. I don't believe you have bothered to read the study I have sourced here. It is full a very useful information.

So Gordon... while I agree that the shot to the right temple was a softpoint that left a trail of particles... the throat wound was small and clean... and we have no evidence of where it laid to rest...
as we do not have evidence of the back wound bullet that was removed... but we have witnesses.

The report seems to say that a windshield at about 60 degrees would have very little effect on a FMJ 7.62mm bullet.... at the relevent distances

Am I reading it wrong? Could you please copy/paste the relevent data supporting why you referred to this Thesis Paper to begin with?

Thanks
DJ

I[B]t is important to note that allbullet [/B]types were soft point or hollow point.
The study revealed that all of the bullets

tumbled following passage through theglass and all fragmented. The tempered
glass produced deflections of up to1.8 inches at 90 degrees and 5 inches for the
best performing bullet (NosierPartitioned Soft Point) at 45 degrees. A further test
with gelatin at 90 degrees showed thatthe partitioned soft point had 55 percent
deformation following passage throughthe tempered glass. This study is relevant
to the present because it establishesthat bullets with greater jacketing not only
fragment less, they produce lessdeflection through glass. It provides a basis for
the assumption that a
full-metaljacketed round would provide the best
performance through glass.

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter

Messages In This Thread
THE EVER EXPANDING THROAT WOUND - www.jfkthefrontshot.blospot.com - by David Josephs - 27-06-2013, 08:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part II / The Exit Wound Gil Jesus 0 242 14-02-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part I / The Entry Wound Gil Jesus 0 236 06-02-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Milicent Cranor on the JFK Throat Wound Jim DiEugenio 4 4,014 14-03-2019, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Mili Cranor's latest: Biological Map of the Neck Wound Jim DiEugenio 4 5,772 27-04-2018, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  throat bullet wound visible Joseph McBride 3 3,714 22-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  JFK Throat Wound: Exit or Entry? Bob Prudhomme 8 7,579 05-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  UPDATED RESEARCH: Front Throat Shot Research Analysis "Z225" / Contact for free copy Anthony DeFiore 0 1,978 28-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Anthony DeFiore
  Shot In The Throat Herbert Blenner 16 6,485 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM
  Please contact me for a FREE copy of my 330 pg analysis of the FRONT ENTRANCE WOUND IN JFK'S THROAT Anthony DeFiore 0 1,970 24-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  Dr. Ronald Jones CONFIRMS The Front Throat Shot on Face The Nation! Anthony DeFiore 14 9,153 23-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle