Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Oswald Bottle-fed by NANA?
came across this article on the web as well, after going through Oswald's Marine File (WCH, Volume 19, "Folsom Ex. 1") and reading the same letter to should-have-been Sec. of the Navy, John Connally.

I have to concur that the letter, not just based on the metaphoric line, but also upon the emphasis laid by Oswald toward the bottom on the supposed fact that he "always had the full sanction of the US Embassy, Moscow" must be read solely in the context of a US espionage agent asking for help from someone he must have deemed as being in a high level agent in the executive branch.

Read the entire letter, and read right near the Hemingway mention, his phrasing of his own situation as "a person who had gone to the Soviet Union to reside for a short time".

You must either conclude Oswald delusional, or rather quite savvy. In the context of his Atsugi base-mates, several of whom testify they view him as "very smart" (though I concede some claim he only "wanted to be seen as smart") I would submit the analysis in the OP article is spot on.

CIA.ORG article "Hemingway, Wartime Spy"

Oswald was a pretty sharp kid. Bit of a temper \ chip. But no dum-dum.

---------------------
Full Letter To John Connally
---------------------
I wish to call your attention to a case about which you may have personal knowledge since you are a resident of Ft. Worth as I am.

In November 1959 an event was well publicized in the Ft. Worth newspapers concerning a person who had gone to the Soviet Union to reside for a short time, (much in the same way E. Hemingway resided in Paris.) This person in answers to questions put to him by reporters in Moscow criticized certain facets of American life. The story was blown up into another "turncoat" s
sensation, with the result that the Navy department gave this person a belated dishonorable discharge, although he had received an honorable discharge after three years service on Sept. 11, 1959 at El Toro, Marine corps base in California.
These are the basic facts of my case.

I have and always had the full sanction of the U.S. Embassy, Moscow USSR and hence the U.S. government. In as much as I am returning to the U.S.A. in this year with the aid of the U.S. Embassy, bring with me my family (since I married in the USSR) I shall employ all means to right this gross mistake or injustice to a bonified U.S. citizen and ex-service man. The U.S. government has no charges or complaints against me. I ask you to look into this case and take the necessary steps to repair the damage done to me and my family. For information I would direct you to consult the American Embassy, Chikovski St. 19/21, Moscow, USSR.
------------
END LETTER
------------

Messages In This Thread
Was Oswald Bottle-fed by NANA? - by Peter Lemkin - 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Was Oswald Bottle-fed by NANA? - by Nick Rose - 08-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Was Oswald Bottle-fed by NANA? - by Peter Lemkin - 08-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Was Oswald Bottle-fed by NANA? - by Nick Rose - 14-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 292 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 332 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 372 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
  Thomas Kelley reports Oswald said he did not view parade Richard Gilbride 1 390 26-09-2023, 04:31 PM
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 409 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
  The REAL reason Oswald went to Irving on 11.21.63 Gil Jesus 1 500 15-06-2023, 03:46 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 641 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 470 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
  Oswald and the Shot at Walker Jim DiEugenio 1 589 24-03-2023, 04:35 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 524 15-03-2023, 11:34 AM