Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MH 370: Missing Malaysian Airliner
Magda Hassan Wrote:I'd be curious to know if the Chinese satellite (non) debris position is in the ball park of where the oil rig worker said they saw a falling burning object.

Yes, it is fairly close to the oil rig. A few hundred km or less, I believe. First there is the question of if the Chinese satellite image really shows wreckage [as many odd things float in the ocean]...and even if it was, where it is now...as things move and often sink - but usually not very far. Much has been made of the Chinese not presenting this evidence before. That seems unfair, however, as satellite data is massive and has to be scanned frame by frame by machines and human eyes - taking time. Western countries also have satellites with high-resolution cameras and other sensors to detect military attacks by plane or missile day or night in the area....but they have been very silent. The whole thing is very strange - not least of which the two search areas hundreds of miles apart. One thing I think is sure...all on board are long dead. This points out many failings in the safety and emergency location systems on aircraft today. I've heard various aviation experts and pilots who mentioned systems that wouldn't cost much that could eliminate most cases of an little-tracked plane - as here. Amazingly, to site just one, planes could continuously give out their GPS location to GPS satellites, but do not...they don't even have internet capability nor full GPS systems. They still use aviation-band radios which are not clear [in this modern day!] and have many problems due to decades-out of date technology. The only thing 'going' for the search is that the seas in question are not very deep and submarines or surface ships dragging sound sensors should eventually pick up the ping of the black box or evidence of wreckage on the bottom from undersea sonar.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
MH 370: Missing Malaysian Airliner - by Peter Lemkin - 13-03-2014, 08:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian plane crashes on Ukraine-Russia border - live Magda Hassan 259 130,124 03-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  ISIS takes credit in downing Russian airliner Lauren Johnson 44 39,372 18-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  61 trucks loaded with 300 tons of explosives go missing in central India Magda Hassan 4 3,856 16-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin