Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurasia: A Geo-political re-alignment
David Guyatt Wrote:You can't keep poking a stick in a nest of wasps without causing them to come out and play, I reckon.

With the events in the Ukraine and the consequences for the prospect of Russia responding to the continuing US and European sanctions gambit by restricting the flow of gas to Europe, my expectation was that gas prices would rocket.

Instead they've dropped.

One supplier has locked down their prices until 2016, and claim this will cost them £100 million - but "that's what their customers want", said a representative. It's complete bollocks of course. They don't usually give a toss what their customers think and usually squeeze them hard at every opportunity. For years, the six big energy suppliers have de facto been running a cartel -- which remains illegal.

But now, if we believe what they are saying, they're suddenly breaking out with a conscience?

Yeah, of course, they are. And snakes don't bite when disturbed...

I can only conclude that real pressure is being applied for this to have happened, because it is counter to the usual market reaction in such situations, where the price is jacked up.
Next we will see them paying all their taxes and closing their off shore accounts. This is of course complete bollocks. Business does not operate this way. Some one is subsidizing them. Would be good to find out who and how though. They did a similar thing with the oil prices with the effect to hurt Russia's oil exports. I also see BP offering to act as a negotiator between Russia and Europe. Ask Iran how well BP acted in the 1950's. Also tells us a lot about the state and role of corporations vs states.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Eurasia: A Geo-political re-alignment - by Magda Hassan - 12-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The overthrow of Egypt's Morsi - a deep political tapestry David Guyatt 22 10,897 19-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Towards a New Iron Curtain: The US-NATO Missile Shield Encircles Eurasia Ed Jewett 9 10,461 12-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Cliff Logan
  let me know if and when the UK becomes a political hotspot... Ed Jewett 0 2,769 05-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Eurasia Ed Jewett 2 4,220 03-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  The New Geo-political Hotspot - Planet Earth! David Guyatt 0 2,817 10-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Zionist control of the western geo-political narrative Peter Presland 12 8,720 28-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff