Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth and bare facts about the Bay of Pigs
Quote:Until you can accurately and reliably tell us what the PLAN was in the minds of those who drafted it

JAN 1960: The CIA sets up a Task Force WH-4, Branch 4 of the Western Hemisphere Division to implement President Eisenhower's request for an ambitious covert program to overthrow the Castro government. Jacob Esterline, Guatemala station chief between 1954-1957, is put in charge of WH-4. (Wyden, pp.2-?29; Gleijeses, p.3; Taylor Report, pp.3-4)

I suppose you your question should be directed to President Eisenhower who is after all the one who asked the CIA in a sense to draw up the Bay of Pigs, this was NOT all CIA's plans.

Kennedy said that under any circumstance there would be NO American military intervention, however, under Kennedy's administration American military pilots were used to bomb Cuba.

JAN 12, 1960: Throughout the month of January, sabotage and small bombing missions in Cuba increase in frequency. A plane drops incendiary bombs in the areas of Bainoa, Caraballo, and San Antonio de Rio Blanco. Another plane coming from the north, with U.S. markings, drops inflammable material on cane fields next to the Hershey factory. (Informe Especial. 1960) JAN 18, 1960: A plane drops live phosphorous over the cane plantations of Quemados de Guines and Rancho Veloz, in Las Villas. Seven people are detained in Sagua la Grande for trying to derail the Sagua?Havana train. (Informe Especial: 1960) JAN 21, 1960: A plane drops four one-hundred pound bombs on the urban district of Cojimar y Regla in Havana. (Informe Especial: 1960).

JAN 7, 1959: Washington officially recognizes the new government; in a memo to the President, John Foster Dulles states, "The Provisional Government appears free from Communist taint and there are indications that it intends to pursue friendly relations with the United States." Early the next day, Castro's victory caravan finally reaches Havana, and the new regime takes charge.

APR 19, 1959: During Fidel Castro's first post revolution trip to Washington, he meets with Vice President Richard Nixon for three and a half hours. "I spent as much time as I could trying to emphasize that he had the great gift of leadership, but that it was the responsibility of a leader not always to follow public opinion but to help to direct it in proper channels, not to give the people what they think they want at a time of emotional stress but to make them want what they ought to have," the Vice President reports in a four-page secret memo to Eisenhower, Secretary of State Christian A. Herter, and Allen Dulles. "It was apparent that while he paid lip service to such institutions as freedom of speech, press and religion that his primary concern was with developing programs for economic progress." Nixon concludes that Castro is "either incredibly naive about Communism or is under Communist discipline." But he also expresses his own "appraisal" of Castro as a man. "The one fact we can be sure of, is that he has those indefinable qualities which make him a leader of men. Whatever we may think of him, he is going to be a great factor in the development of Cuba and very possibly in the development of Latin American affairs generally." (Richard M. Nixon, Rough Draft of Summary of Conversation Between the Vice President and Fidel Castro, April 25, 1959).

So, when you say "Until you can accurately and reliably tell us what the PLAN was in the minds of those who drafted it". And, you call me (naive and misinformed)? Am I suppose to be a MIND READER?

I agree that respect is important when many here have been studying covert operations for 15-20 years of their life, but on the other hand shouldn't respect also be earned? Long before many here were studying it my father was involve in it.

My mother's first hand knowledge to what she knows has never been disclosed to the FBI even when she was hounded by them after the death of my father. The FBI and the CIA both would relentlessly call her at her job, come over to our house in Hialeah, and asked her many times to come down to the FBI station where she faithfully remained quite due to her concerns of herself and her children, my mother has simply had a life of not being able to trust anyone, perhaps, it may be the reason she has commitment problems, and now that I found my father's information in my mother's hope chest six years ago, she is ready to tell all.

And, you say that I need to research this and that because I don't understand your philosophy? Are you serious?

Messages In This Thread
The truth and bare facts about the Bay of Pigs - by Scott Kaiser - 01-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deep Truth Journal: First Issue Jim DiEugenio 0 4,873 29-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Kavanaugh helped to keep the Truth of JFK assassination buried with CIA. Peter Lemkin 4 12,705 10-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Fiction is Stranger than Truth Lauren Johnson 1 17,823 27-07-2018, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  J Norwood: "Lee Harvey Oswald: The Legend and the Truth" Jim Hargrove 12 9,234 04-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  BAY OF PIGS CIA Internal Investigation file released - Jack B. Pfeiffer Volume 5 Anthony Thorne 0 2,087 01-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? Scott Kaiser 33 15,039 14-04-2016, 05:26 PM
  The truth behind the March 3, 1964 plot to assassinate Fidel Castro Scott Kaiser 2 3,055 24-02-2016, 03:22 AM
  It's not about bragging, it's about truth Scott Kaiser 23 11,862 29-11-2015, 04:22 AM
  McAdams, JFK Facts, and "Moderation" Jim DiEugenio 67 20,227 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Triple Moating of the political assassinations and just what that implies for respiration of truth Nathaniel Heidenheimer 10 6,108 17-09-2015, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully