Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFK Throat Wound: Exit or Entry?
I understand that it would be possible for a bullet fragment to exit the skull through the foramen magnum. I also understand that it would be possible for a bullet fragment to pass between 2 vertebra, or between the skull and C1. What I don't believe is that the same bullet fragment could do both, and then end up exiting the skin at the larynx.

For a bullet or fragment to pass between vertebrae, or between skull and C1/C2 , it would have to have a nearly entirely horizontal motion. For a bullet to exit the foramen magnum and then exit the throat at about C5 or C6 it would have to have a significant downward trajectory.

In the scenario of a frangible bullet, if the lead pellet doesn't leave the rest of the bullet until it has penetrated an inch or 2 of tissue, that only adds to the vertical component of the pellet's path. You might have a more straight-line path if you posit a point slightly forward of the magnum as an exit point from the skull for a bullet fragment, and then you can go looking on the X-rays for a bit of damage there. I've only seen 2 x-ray pictures, a side shot and a frontal/rear shot, which might not be the right angle to observe damage to the underside of the skull, or damage to C1.

I also think that a bullet or fragment travelling at a low angle of incidence (up and down) relative to the skin would not leave merely a neat little hole in the throat, but would look more like a vertical tear. The bullet fragment would then have to miss the shirt and tie as well, (I personally believe that the neat observed damage to the shirt and tie was most likely caused by medical staff at Parkland)

Edit: A bone fragment could originate at the base of the skull, perhaps by virtue of a shock wave, and not have to travel in a more or less straight line from occipital protrusion to larynx (as a bullet would). Also, we know from your earlier work on the back wound that there was some bone damage to the vertebrae (or was it clavicle) associated with that, much closer to the throat wound.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Messages In This Thread
JFK Throat Wound: Exit or Entry? - by Drew Phipps - 05-01-2015, 12:34 AM
JFK Throat Wound: Exit or Entry? - by Drew Phipps - 05-01-2015, 03:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part II / The Exit Wound Gil Jesus 0 242 14-02-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part I / The Entry Wound Gil Jesus 0 236 06-02-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Milicent Cranor on the JFK Throat Wound Jim DiEugenio 4 4,028 14-03-2019, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Mili Cranor's latest: Biological Map of the Neck Wound Jim DiEugenio 4 5,779 27-04-2018, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  throat bullet wound visible Joseph McBride 3 3,714 22-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  UPDATED RESEARCH: Front Throat Shot Research Analysis "Z225" / Contact for free copy Anthony DeFiore 0 1,978 28-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Anthony DeFiore
  Shot In The Throat Herbert Blenner 16 6,489 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM
  Please contact me for a FREE copy of my 330 pg analysis of the FRONT ENTRANCE WOUND IN JFK'S THROAT Anthony DeFiore 0 1,972 24-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  Dr. Ronald Jones CONFIRMS The Front Throat Shot on Face The Nation! Anthony DeFiore 14 9,159 23-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  FOR MEDICAL CONFIRMATION OF THE FRONT THROAT Please visit my blog www.jfkthefrontshot.blogspot.com Anthony DeFiore 2 2,823 18-11-2013, 02:05 PM