Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth and bare facts about the Bay of Pigs
How stupid of me, yes! The CIA did recommend the landing to be at Trinidad Cuba, code-named Operation Pluto.

Why? Here's the pros and cons -

Pros, Trinidad had good port facilities it was closer to many existing counter-revolutionary activities it had an easily defensible beachhead, and it offered an escape route into the Escambray Mountains.

Cons, Rejected by Kennedy, but why? He (Kennedy) wanted a scaled down invasion, with scaled down offenses (planes, ships, support etc.), which would make any future denial of direct US involvement more plausible.

Training was carried out at various bases including Homestead AFB until moved to Guatemala. That may be one of the reasons my father was stealing classified documents at Homestead AFB when he was poking his nose into Kennedy's assassination.

The men in charge of the Bay of Pigs operation are but not limited to E. Howard Hunt, Gerry Droller (who by the way I have pointed out in this film), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuXXHfnSEY Jacob Esterline, Jack Hawkins, Stanley W. Beerli, Richard Bissell, Tracy Barnes and Allen Dulles. All of which disliked Kennedy.

My apologizes for not understanding your meaning of beachhead, my mind went blank while thinking of those men under capture of Castro's forces, all you needed to do was use the word "secure" and I would have understood. I wasn't thinking military terms.

In January 1960 the Cuban government proclaimed that each newspaper would be obliged to publish a "clarification" written by the printers' union to the end of any articles which were critical of the government. This would prove to be the start of press censorship in Castro's Cuba which allowed them to infiltrate not only our invasion forces, but our pentagon, CIA, news radio and or television.

There's an old saying that says there isn't a place where the sun didn't shine that wasn't owned by the British. That doesn't go without saying that Castro did the same thing. The truth is, Castro first received word though their secret intelligence network by the members of the brigade, some of which was heard in Miami, and this vital information was repeated in US and foreign newspaper reports. (Who the hell announces to the enemy I'M COMING!).

That's how Castro first found out (scott p. i don't know yet kaiser). The airstrip which would have been suitable for the B-26's at Playa Giron would have been ideal had Castro not controlled it.

Why did he control it? And, with only three or four fighter planes along with his tanks and infantry, because the CIA had no more planes to drop bombs, they couldn't re-supply the men with ammunition, the planes were all shot down.

The plan was scaled down, the United States wanted future denial of direct US involvement more plausible. Or, I should have said, Kennedy wanted future denial of direct US involvement more plausible.

The original invasion landing at Trinidad appeared to be more promising then the moss bit swamp they were faced to land at. And, you have the gull to say this operation was "Designed to fail", gee I wonder why [scott p. i don't know yet kaiser].

Messages In This Thread
The truth and bare facts about the Bay of Pigs - by Scott Kaiser - 27-05-2014, 02:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deep Truth Journal: First Issue Jim DiEugenio 0 4,865 29-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Kavanaugh helped to keep the Truth of JFK assassination buried with CIA. Peter Lemkin 4 12,691 10-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Fiction is Stranger than Truth Lauren Johnson 1 17,816 27-07-2018, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  J Norwood: "Lee Harvey Oswald: The Legend and the Truth" Jim Hargrove 12 9,210 04-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  BAY OF PIGS CIA Internal Investigation file released - Jack B. Pfeiffer Volume 5 Anthony Thorne 0 2,082 01-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? Scott Kaiser 33 15,003 14-04-2016, 05:26 PM
  The truth behind the March 3, 1964 plot to assassinate Fidel Castro Scott Kaiser 2 3,046 24-02-2016, 03:22 AM
  It's not about bragging, it's about truth Scott Kaiser 23 11,852 29-11-2015, 04:22 AM
  McAdams, JFK Facts, and "Moderation" Jim DiEugenio 67 20,042 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Triple Moating of the political assassinations and just what that implies for respiration of truth Nathaniel Heidenheimer 10 6,084 17-09-2015, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully