Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFK Act Shown Little to NO Respect, nor NARA/President following its legal mandate
Peter Lemkin Wrote:The latest release by NARA of JFK files LONG withheld are here https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/release - released just yesterday.

Feel free to post anything you find of interest........

I just spent 30 minutes finding and downloading the 'latest' [sic] on my favorite person/target re: JFK assassination just now and found: documents still redacted; all but one repeats of previously released; the 'new one' are sheets giving reason for document [subject/topic of which is barely sufficient] being withheld or released redacted - but the one subject title that would be dynamite is NOT in the releases, even though it was checked to be released redacted. They are just playing games with us - and unless Congress, the Courts or Angry Americans do something we'll never see any more...... trust me, the one that is missing, I reference here, alone would sink the official version...but it is NOT among the documents as far as I can tell. I'll certainly search further for it, but unless it is hidden under another name [not the obvious one of the writer of the letter to the Director of Central Intelligence], it is not among the released documents! ::pullhairout::

Quote:
PRIL 26, 2018 | JIMMY FALLS

Trump Orders Release of JFK Assassination Files But Many Redactions Remain

[Image: image2-28-700x470.jpg]Photo credit: Adapted by WhoWhatWhy from National Archives / Wikimedia) and Justin Grimes / Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0).
The National Archives just released 19,045 JFK files. Today was the deadline for President Donald Trump to announce whether files previously either partially redacted or withheld from the public would remain hidden.
In a press release from this morning, NARA explained the process leading up to today:
As permitted by the JFK Act, agencies appealed to the President to continue postponement of certain information beyond October 26, 2017. The President provided agencies with a temporary certification until April 26, 2018 to allow for a re-review of all documents withheld in full or in part under section 5 of the JFK Act and directed agencies to "identify as much as possible that may be publicly disclosed" and to be "extremely circumspect in recommending any further postponement."
From an initial review of the files, it appears that many redactions have been lifted, but many still remain. NARA clarified that the documents with remaining redactions would have another chance for disclosure in three years:
The President has determined that all information that remains withheld under section 5 must be reviewed again before October 26, 2021 to determine whether continued withholding from disclosure is necessary.
The White House also released a presidential memorandum stating the necessity for certain files to remain redacted:
Over the past 180 days, executive departments and agencies (agencies) have reviewed all of the information within records temporarily withheld from release and have proposed to the Archivist of the United States (Archivist) that certain information should continue to be redacted because of identifiable national security, law enforcement, and foreign affairs concerns. The Archivist has reviewed the information agencies proposed to withhold and believes the proposals are consistent with the standard of section 5(g)(2)(D) of the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 (44 U.S.C. 2107 note) (the "Act").
I agree with the Archivist's recommendation that the continued withholdings are necessary to protect against identifiable harm to national security, law enforcement, or foreign affairs that is of such gravity that it outweighs the public interest in immediate disclosure. I am also ordering agencies to re-review each of those redactions over the next 3 years.
Roger Stone, a friend and former political consultant to the president, who also wrote a book on JFK claiming that President Lyndon Johnson was responsible for a conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy, told WhoWhatWhy, "I am pleased that the president directed the final release of 19,045 documents today and that no document has been completely withheld. I am also pleased that the president ordered another review of withheld material by Oct 26, 2021 to determine whether further withholding can be justified. I have not yet had the opportunity to review how much of the material released today has been redacted but I am mindful that the president directed that redactions must relate to persons who are still living."
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
JFK Act Shown Little to NO Respect, nor NARA/President following its legal mandate - by Peter Lemkin - 27-04-2018, 06:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 6,044 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  An interesting sidebar to President Johnson's Vietnam War Tom Bowden 5 9,176 17-10-2018, 12:07 PM
  Chris Lightbown's THE STRANGE DEATH OF JFK: THE MEN WHO MURDERED THE PRESIDENT Anthony Thorne 6 7,406 01-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  NARA 2017 bombshell - Dallas Mayor Earle Cabell was a CIA asset Anthony Thorne 8 10,579 18-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Exclusive. Brother of Shimon Peres, President of Israel, was in Clay Shaw's CMC-Permindex Paz Marverde 0 4,603 22-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  NARA releases third JFK document batch, including 533 CIA documents Anthony Thorne 7 7,790 04-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  I think this is the man who killed the president Scott Kaiser 4 4,792 19-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Phil Dagosto
  President Kennedy's Landmark Civil Rights Speech Jim DiEugenio 10 7,933 17-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Legal Eagles Alan Ford 0 2,336 19-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  What my father's cousin said about President John Kennedy Scott Kaiser 0 2,435 20-01-2016, 04:27 PM