Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MH 370: Missing Malaysian Airliner
Let me start by extending my sympathies and condolences to the families and friends of the folks that were lost on Malaysia Air 370. There is nothing that justifies or excuses the tragic loss of their loved ones. As I write this, more than 30 days after their disappearance, there is still some hope that some of them survived. I add my prayers to theirs. The families should know that there are people all over the world that grieve with them, and like them, want answers.

This incident and the mystery surrounding it, has already generated a massive multinational search and rescue effort and attendant mainstream media publicity and coverage. You may not get CNN in China, but you should know that CNN (at least) does a one hour news feature on the situation every night. I think that this tragedy is going to be THE news story of this decade.

My question to the members of this forum is, what deep political structures (and ugly realities) might be exposed in light of this tragedy? We have seen, already, some nations (and corporations) disclosing the extent and nature of some technological capacities (or lack thereof) concerning radar, sonar, and satellite, and the revelation of automatic electronic updating from various bits of equipment aboard the plane (in this case, the engines). Was this an equipment malf or a hijack? What bits of data should we be looking for to be wittingly, or unwittingly, revealed to us, that should concern us?

I have a theory about the cause of the plane's disappearance, too. I have no hard evidence but what has been seen on mainstream media and some Google searching. I doubt that I am the only person with this theory. Furthermore, I hope I'm wrong.

My theory is that the plane was electronically hijacked and piloted far out to sea, to crash in a remote place, to delay or prevent discovery of the evidence of remote hijacking. Hugo Teso, a German security consultant and pilot, in April 2013, revealed in a conference that it was possible to hijack a plane remotely with a smart phone. Apparently the Boeing 777 planes entertainment /communications system for passengers and it's operating systems are electronically connected enough to permit a hacker to access electronically the controls of the airplane. Furthermore, we know that our old trusted US government official Dov Zakheim's company (SPS) wrote an anti-hijack program (Command Transmitter Systems) that allows someone not even on the plane to control its flight. If there was anti-hijacking software on the plane, that is another method by which someone could have remotely controlled the plane, even if they weren't a legit user of the software.

My theory is that, once the pilots figured out that there was a problem, they turned back toward land and reduced altitude. We know that there was some difficulty communicating with Malay air control because of the necessity of repeated transmissions. After the "hand-off" there were no more radio communications with the plane. At some point the remote hijackers gain complete control over the aircraft. The plane was then flown out over international waters to prevent or delay any neighboring nations from scrambling aircraft to get a look at it. Then the plane was electronically landed at low speed (short of the distance at which it would have run out of fuel) to try to keep as little crash debris as possible from giving away the crash site.

Aside from just a hacker determined to prove that it could be done, one possible motive would be to prevent the defection of the citizen (identity unrevealed as of yet) of Iran, travelling in the company of a defection facilitator (identity unrevealed as of yet), both of whom were travelling under false names (with passports stolen in Thailand), to a "Western country" (identity unknown) This Iranian citizen (and the defection facilitator) has himself been "cleared" of terrorist involvement, but preventing the defection might still be a motive. I expect that, as evidence mounts, it will be demonstrated that the Iranian government, or some department thereof, was involved. Whether such proof might be true, or simply provide a "cassis belli" for further intervention in Iran, is a matter for further study, as the evidence comes to light.

I hope that I am wrong. But I fear the worst.

Messages In This Thread
MH 370: Missing Malaysian Airliner - by Drew Phipps - 17-04-2014, 05:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian plane crashes on Ukraine-Russia border - live Magda Hassan 259 129,249 03-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  ISIS takes credit in downing Russian airliner Lauren Johnson 44 39,277 18-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  61 trucks loaded with 300 tons of explosives go missing in central India Magda Hassan 4 3,832 16-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin