Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelley and Lovelady? Are You Sure??
A few years ago, a researcher by the name of Gerda Dunckel made a gif from the Darnell film, and released it for the first time on the JFK Assassination Forum. Purportedly, this film claimed to show two men walking down the Elm St. extension toward the Grassy Knoll, mere seconds after the last shot was fired.

[Image: couchloveladyshelley7l8kuy.gif]

Bill Shelley was ID'ed as the man on their left, with Billy Lovelady being the man on their right who catches up to and passes Shelley. While it was accepted as Gospel by many researchers that this was Shelley and Lovelady heading for the rail yards, just as it was accepted that Prayer Man was Oswald, there were many, including myself, who demanded more proof.

For starters, these two men are clearly not together, despite the imagined nod of recognition so many researchers can "see" in this gif. "Lovelady" passes "Shelley" without the slightest hint of recognition..

More important, the man ID'ed as Shelley is clearly taller than the man ID'ed as Lovelady. This is the first thing that caught my attention, as every photo I had seen of Shelley previous to this seemed to indicate that he was not a very big man.

Lovelady's height was given in an FBI report as being 5' 8" while no such record was ever made of Shelley's height. I looked everywhere I could think of for a record of Shelley's height but had absolutely no luck. In desperation, I wrote two letters; one to a William Boyd Shelley of Dallas, Texas, supposedly the son of the late William Hoyt Shelley (d. 1996) and one to a journalist who interviewed Shelley in the early 1970's.

Shelley Jr. never replied to my letter but I received a reply from the journalist the other day, which I will re-print here"

"Dear Mr. Prudhomme:

Your question about Bill Shelley's height is difficult to answer. At the time I met Shelley in the early 1970's, he was perhaps 5-5 or 5-6. However, he told an employee (TSBD employee?) he was once two inches taller. According to the employee, Shelley claimed he broke his back in a car accident sometime after the JFK assassination. Subsequent surgery supposedly left him two inches shorter. Shelley never mentioned the car accident in my presence, but the employee was a reliable source and Shelley's claim would have been plausible. Moreover, I recall Shelley was slightly misshaped as if he had indeed lost a couple of inches of height above the hips.

For the sake of clarity, I met Shelley while he was working at the Scott Foresman school book warehouse in Northwest Dallas. This was the new home of the old Texas School Book Depository. As for Shelley, after reading his Warren Commission testimony years later I realized I had learned little new information about him. Perhaps my biggest takeaway from the experience was a strong suspicion the Texas School Book Depository was a storefront for domestic intelligence. After the assassination, the storefront may have been moved to the new Scott Foresman warehouse in Northwest Dallas.

Hope this information sheds a little light for you. Very best of luck.

Sincerely,

Austin, Texas"
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Warren Commission testimony of Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill, 1964

Messages In This Thread
Shelley and Lovelady? Are You Sure?? - by Bob Prudhomme - 24-02-2017, 03:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The WWII JIC "supremo" a Kerry Blue Terrier lover (Truly Shelley) Tom Scully 0 2,066 26-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  William Hoyt Shelley - vital statistics and next of kin Bob Prudhomme 8 7,630 22-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Lovelady in front of TSBD Bob Prudhomme 71 19,680 15-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Is that SHELLEY with the Oswald/Cuban group at the Trade Mart re:FPCC in Aug 1963? David Josephs 16 7,504 23-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  TSBD Doorway man - Oswald or Lovelady? Ralph Cinque 521 142,028 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Last Post: The Moderators