Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tippit Case in the New Millenium
David Josephs Wrote:The little area called OAK CLIFF sure was a hotbed of activity those months in 1963...
Tippit was having a prolonged affair with a woman he met at 404/6/8/10 10th street near Patton - yet we have a hard time connecting that relationship to why he was there that moment and why he was killed.

Part of the legend of Tippit and Oswald is a sighting and a location which until now hadn't dawned on me...

500 N Beckley... ..... the El Chico Restaurant... one wonders if this was a meeting place for the Alpha/DRE/JURE groups in Dallas those previous months... anyone know?
DJ

Between 1:45 and 2pm on Nov 22, TF White claims to have seen someone looking a lot like Oswald in a 1961 Red Ford Falcon in the parking lot of the El Chico Restaurant located at
.... 500 N Beckley

At this time Harvey Oswald is being taken from the Theater to the DPD... Tippit is dead, 500 N Beckley is closer to 10th/Patton than the Texas Theater (see map below)... White says the RED FALCON DROVE UP with the Oswald looking man driving...

When Mack Pate returned from his lunch break a few minutes later, T. F. White pointed out to his boss the oddly parked Falcon with its waiting driver who seemed to be hiding. Pate told White to watch the car carefully, reminding him of earlier news reports they had heard about a possible assassination attempt against President Kennedy in Houston the day before involving a red Falcon.
T. F. White walked across the street to investigate. He halted about ten to fifteen yards from the car. He could see the driver was wearing a white t-shirt. The man turned toward White and looked at him full face. White stared back at him. Not wanting to provoke a possible assassin, White began a retreat to the garage. However, he paused, took a scrap of paper from his coveralls pocket, and wrote down the Texas license plate of the car: PP 4537.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9625&stc=1]

One of the more interesting Oswald look-a-likes was IGOR VAGANOV; a Latvian who was 24 on Nov 22...his is a very interesting story involving bigamy, driving thru most of eastern USA about the same time Ruth Paine was, and was living in Oak Cliff at 815 Sunset Ave

(JA notebook Baylor)
Rather than take his wife Martha with him, he ran away with a teenage girl named Anne Dulin and committed bigamy by marrying Anne in South Carolina.
This elopement did not please Anne's stepfather, Stan Cukowski from Village Green, PA, who reported the matter to juvenile authorities and who in the course of his complaint mentioned that Vaganov
claimed to have urgent business in Dallas and was traveling in a red Ford Thunderbird with a 2-way radio, a .38 pistol, and a rifle.
As of November 12th, Vaganov was residing at Sunset Manor, 815 Sunset Road in Dallas, Texas.*

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9624&stc=1]

It is not known how he occupied his time for the next week but as of November 18th, he was working at
Texas Consumer Finance located at 1310 Commerce Street next to Jack Ruby's Carousel Club located at 1312 Commerce Street.* He quit his job on November 20th.*
Vaganov stopped briefly in Georgia and Alabama

Here is a famous picture showing what many think is Oswald at Ruby's club... seems to me he looks more like Igor here... given he "worked" next door and quits on the 20th...
FWIW...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9626&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9619&stc=1] Notice please this photo is taken at the intersection of 10th and Patton....

SA TERENCE D DINAN reporting:
At approximately 12:30 PM on November 22, 1963, VAGANOV came to the apartment, appeared very upset and told his wife that the President had been shot. They turned on the television, VAGANOV stayed about fifteen minutes and left, saying that he had to cash a check.* He returned approximately one hour later and stayed at the apartment until 3:30 or 4:00 PM, when he was interviewed by two FBI Agents.
VAGANOV, at that time, had in his possession a high-powered rifle with a telescopic sight and a Colt .33 Caliber Revolver. Immediately after the Agents departed, VAGANOV told his wife that he was returning to Pennsylvania and that he would be back November 25, 1963, to pick her up. He took with him the rifle and told his wife that he was going to dispose of it

*Vaganov, in January 1967, was on probation from CA for passing bad checks

William Whaley claims to have taken "Oswald" on his trip home... or at least TOWARDS his rooming house... yet Whaley is very specific about what this Oswald asks him, repeatedly

"said he wanted to go to the 500 Blk of No. Beckley" on a route which takes him directly past his rooming house... yet when we look at this testimony - everyone is fine with Whaley saying NECHES... :

But when I got pretty close to 500 block at Neches and North Beckley which is the 500 block, he said, "This will do fine," and I pulled over to the curb right there. He gave me a dollar bill, the trip was 95 cents. He gave me a dollar bill and didn't say anything, just got out and closed the door and walked around the front of the cab over to the other side of the street. Of course, traffic was moving through there and I put it in gear and moved on, that is the last I saw of him.

Mr. BALL. When you parked your car you parked on what street?
Mr. WHALEY. I wasn't parked, I was pulled to the curb on Neches and North Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Neches, corner of Neches and North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. Which is the 500 block.
Mr. BALL. What direction was your car?
Mr. WHALEY. South.

Mr. BALL. Here is Neches right here.

Mr. WHALEY. Let me see where Neches is, is that right? Yes, that is it.
This is the intersection right there.
Mr. BALL. We put an "X" there.
Mr. WHALEY. That is where he got off.
Mr. BALL. That is where you dropped your passenger, is that right?
Mr. WHALEY. That is--as far as I can see that is Neches.
Mr. BALL. That is Neches, that is Beckley.

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; that is right, because that is the 500 block of North Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Now, we will mark the beginning of your trip on the large map as "Y", and where you dropped your passenger as an "X".
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. "Y" is the corner of Lamar and Jackson, and "X" is the corner of Neches and Beckley

CE371 - a small map of Dallas - is being used for Whaley to put his marks... Here is the pertinent section of that map...
and the link...https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html...2&tab=page I cannot see any "X"'s on this map

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9622&stc=1]

Whaley even brags about his knowledge of the street in Dallas... the 500 block of N Beckley is down by 7th & 8th streets... we will see how a number of things converge at 500 N Beckley

Mr. WHALEY. You name an intersection in the city of Dallas and I will tell you what is on all four corners.
Mr. BALL. Did you stop and let your passenger out on this run on the north or south side of the intersection?
Mr. WHALEY. On the north side, sir.
Mr. BALL. North side?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. That would be--
Mr. WHALEY. Northwest corner.
Mr. BALL. Northwest corner of Neches and Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. Northwest corner of Neches and Beckley.

I am at a total loss for how BALL and the rest allow "NECHES" to be repeated and referred to over and over while it was completely incorrect... in his March 12, 1964 testimony

There is no corner of "Beckley/Neches" but you can see the EAST end start of Neches from 1026 N Beckley. It's possible he could have meant NEELY... but even that is not at the 500 BLK of Beckley...

Until he is called back to testify on April 8, 1964... this time the story changes entirely...

it is now the 700 block of Beckley at NEELY... that Oswald said he wanted to get out of the cab... Luckily we have his handwritten affidavit.... from this 37 years of experience cab driver who knows all the intersections in Dallas
which shows he said and meant to say the 500 block of N Beckley.

How "Neches" gets into the equation is anybody's guess...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9627&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9621&stc=1] [Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9620&stc=1]

Scoggins picked up a fare at LOVE Field and takes him to the same apartments Olsen and his wife-to-be-girlfriend (ex Ruby stripper Kay) lives, dropping him off around 1pm..

Scoggins would then travel down 8th street to Patton and turn left driving past his Gentlemen's club, turning around and park facing north on the East side of Patton.

500 N Beckley is 2 blocks over and 2 blocks up from 10th/Patton ... and appears to be a nexus related to the Tippit murder

As I wrote earlier, this "CLUB" is directly across from the alley where the 2nd patrol car (WESTBROOK/CROY?) would have to enter and exit to have traveled up the driveway between 400 and 404 E 10th.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9623&stc=1]

David, I had a sister-in-law that was a court reporter. Used one of those 20some key machines like you can still see on Perry Mason reruns. She told me that she was called to testify in appeal cases, and that in every case what she thought she was transcribing WAS NOT what appeared in the official transcripts of the trial being appealed.

She was VERY hesitant to place blame or cast judgement. She was only certain that mistakes were made somewhere down the line. And that they SURE AS HELL weren't her's.

While I find the position you put forward quite compelling, I'm not so sure about any of the testimony, or the ACCURATE RECORDING of said testimony before the Warren Commission. The guy knew the streets of Dallas, Whaley I mean. Or so he claimed. From reading the above either he's a liar that changed his story, or just a fool.

Was Whaley's testimony coerced like so many others? Or was this another example of incompetence by the WC? Or some of both?

Messages In This Thread
The Tippit Case in the New Millenium - by Ray Kovach - 12-10-2018, 01:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 272 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 308 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 342 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 379 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why Officer Tippit stopped his Killer Jim DiEugenio 24 19,531 26-12-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Was the TFX Case a Scandal? Jim DiEugenio 0 2,107 04-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Uses of Public Relations in the JFK case Jim DiEugenio 0 1,736 11-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Finally: the Hammarskjold case is Moving Jim DiEugenio 14 15,301 04-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  OUR HIDDEN HISTORY podcast on JFK and Tippit murders Joseph McBride 1 10,239 22-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  My FightBox interview on JFK, Tippit, document releases, etc. Joseph McBride 0 6,781 22-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride