Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile
Here's another post about this, which I am posting before I am able to track down a link, titled BARB, TRYING TO LOOK 'FAIR':

JUDYTH WROTE THIS IN RESPONSE TO WHO SPOKE FIRST:

I put the stamp on the letter automatically, and handed it to the postman. As I did so, I lost my underarm grip on the newspaper, and the newspaper -- with the envelope that had the ad on it -- fell to the floor. The young man picked up the newspaper, and, after glancing at the circled and red-marked ad, and the envelope, he handed it back to me. I took it, and gave him my prettiest smile.

I had a habit of saying a few common phrases. such as thank you, goodbye, or hello, in Russian, wanting to keep up my slight abilities in the language. With almost nobody to speak Russian to, this was my strategy. I had worked too hard to allow all my Russian to slip away.

"Karashaw, Tovarietsch," I said, in my atrocious Russian.

I was also sort of flirting with this young man, miffed that there was nothing at all for me from Robert (he wasn't 'Bobby' to me now!) But instead of puzzling/interesting the young stranger with my Russian phrase, as I'd hoped, I received a shock. For he leaned close to me and said, in perfect Russian, "It's not good to speak Russian in New Orleans."

NOTE: The translator (?) I posted before does not work on her text, because romanized words are often spelled in different ways.

Хорошо (harushow, or karusho are pretty close) means "good" ...

Спасибо (Spasiba) is "thank you."

Saying, "Good, comrade" could be used loosely as "thank you, comrade" but is not the direct translation/meaning of the word she used.

Товари (tovarishch) does translate as "comrade" ... her romanized spelling is just different, but pretty close.

BARB WROTE: HOWEVER, JIM, SHE IS NOT QUITE RIGHT IN THE TRANSLATION SHE OFFERS. SHE SAYS,

NOTE: The translator (?) I posted before does not work on her text, because romanized words are often spelled in different ways.

Хорошо (harushow, or karusho are pretty close) means "good" ...

Спасибо (Spasiba) is "thank you."

Saying, "Good, comrade" could be used loosely as "thank you, comrade" but is not the direct translation/meaning of the word she used.

Товари (tovarishch) does translate as "comrade" ... her romanized spelling is just different, but pretty close.

Bests,
Barb :-)

==THE 'GOOD, COMRADE" "KARASHAW" WAS USED INSTEAD OF THE EASILY-SAID 'SPASIBA' because Lee had done an 'action'--had picked up the fallen newspaper and handed it to me....It is a lingusitic matter that I chose "karashaw" instead of "spasiba" which would not have recognized the effort of bendng down to pick up the paper, but just for handing me the paper.

==j==

[quote name='Barb Junkkarinen' post='186547' date='Mar 11 2010, 07:53 PM']Thanks, Jim ... a link to the radio interview would be great. And would clear it right up.

Thanks,

[quote name='James H. Fetzer' post='186544' date='Mar 11 2010, 06:41 PM']Good catch, Barb. I think the comma was superfluous and what it should have said is,

I WAS ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TIME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLE CAME OUT
STATING LEE SPOKE TO ME FIRST. GO LISTEN TO THAT.

without the comma. What she means, no doubt, is that at the same time the article
came out (stating Lee spoke to me first), I was on the air explaining what happened
(where he picked it up a paper I had dropped and gave it to me and I thanked him in
Russian). Dropped paper, picked up, expression of thanks (by Judyth) in Russian.

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STATED UNEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED
TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIAN, FOR PICKING
UP A DROPPED NEWSPAPER . . . (where I have corrected the typographical errors . . .)

In the context of this post, is there really any ambiguity? Just drop the comma and
reread the post. Apart from the comma, I don't think there's anything wrong here.
But I will ask if there is an archive where the interview can be heard and get back.

[quote name='Barb Junkkarinen' post='186542' date='Mar 11 2010, 06:25 PM'][quote name='James H. Fetzer' post='186538' date='Mar 11 2010, 05:07 PM']ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STARED NEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIA, FOR PICKING UP A DRPPED NEWSPAPER, I MUST ASK WHY I SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A FOREIGNER WRITES ABOUT ME, WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSLATED BY BABBLEFISH, WHICH TURNED LEE'S NAME INT "LEE HARVEY NURSE" AND SO ON.

I AM ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLES CAME OUT, STATING LEE SPOKE TO ME FIRST. GO LISTEN TO THAT.[/quote]

The two statements above are at odds with one another. Which is it? And listening to this radio broadcast sounds like a good idea. Where can we find it?

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by James H. Fetzer - 13-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 22-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Dixie Dea - 24-03-2010, 11:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JUDYTH VARY BAKER - IN HER OWN WORDS: Edited, With Commentary by Walt Brown, Ph.D Anthony Thorne 41 14,623 12-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 9,995 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  April 1, 1963 Exile Cuban Leaders restricted to DADE COUNTY - start of JFK hatred David Josephs 19 12,084 11-03-2018, 06:37 PM
  Jim Marrs & Mike Baker: PROVE THE GRASSY KNOLL SHOT! Travel Channel: America Declassified Anthony DeFiore 47 25,627 13-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Poking More Holes in Judyth Baker Jim DiEugenio 95 54,325 05-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Ray Kovach
  Russ Baker on Coast To Coast Richard Coleman 0 2,260 18-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Russ Baker Interview Alan Dale 0 5,862 29-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  Judyth Baker answering questions on Reddit this Friday Kyle Burnett 4 3,742 26-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Judyth Baker conferences: who is funding?? Dawn Meredith 11 6,355 28-10-2014, 08:57 PM
  Nicholson Baker - Dallas Killer's Club R.K. Locke 5 3,801 23-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke