Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile
JUDYTH REPLIES TO LIFTON'S "PERSONAL STATEMENT TO JUDYTH"

David, I believe you have crossed the line several times in impugning Judyth's integrity.
I know you think you know it all, but there are reasons to doubt that is the case. She
has send me reports about your conduct in relation to Marina and one of her daughters,
which I cannot verify for myself, but where I invite you to explain if they are accurate.
I suggest you track down a copy of The Dallas Observer article and publish it here:

JUDYTH'S RESPONSE:

Mr Lifton relies on "knowing Marina" --not "knowing Lee Oswald" and gives
advice, as follows:

Judyth: Marina Oswald was a friend of mine—and I (along with another writer) even
threw her daughter a party here in Hollywood, when the Warner Brothers movie was
being made. So let me assure you, Judyth Baker: I knew Marina quite well, and Judyth,
you’re no Marina. Not even close.."

Reply: Never said I was "Marina." And you are correct that Marina Oswald "was" a
friend of yours. The family no longer has anything to do with you, after how you
treated one of her daughters. I corresponded myself with Laura Miller when she
was Mayor of Houston (where I used to work as a reporter) and she affirmed the
elements of the usenet post below:

<debhart94103@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:55nervc9uvcpjq7i4rk8mj61m3g87egk70@4ax.com...

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:39:52 GMT, "David P. Nesbitt"
> <cnesbitt@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Ok, I'll bite. What did [David Lifton] do to Marina's daughter?
>
> Get a copy of the Dallas Observer article, written by Laura Miller
> (current mayor of Dallas, TX), which lays it out in all its sordid
> detail. In summary...[Lifton] lied to Miss Oswald-Porter,
> claiming he wanted to "interview [her] for historical purposes only".
> He paid her a few dollars (literally) "for her time" and got a
> "release". (she was a nursing student, working her way through school
> at the time). Then, he turned around and SOLD THE TAPE to HARD COPY
> FOR TENS OF THOUSANDS.. She was literally waiting tables in a
> restaurant in Austin, TX when she looked up at a screen to see herself
> on HARD COPY.
>
> And THAT'S NOT ALL.
>
> He used computer technology to take a "still" picture from the video
> tape, and sold it to tabloids ALL OVER EUROPE for THOUSANDS MORE.
> ....Even the *cameramen* at HARD COPY (not to mention the executive
> producers) considered him scum.

Thanks for the info, Deb! I had no idea that this had occurred. It is sad
that there are so many who shamefully capitalize on this national tragedy.

---

I also received a personal email from Rachel in 203, where she has told me
what she thought of Mr. Lifton.

I mention this only because Mr. Lifton keeps accusing me of misrepresentations.
I take no pleasure in doing so. I will always appreciate his work in "Best Evidence."
I still hope he will produce a fine Oswald biography. But his biography will NOT be
accurate if his posts here are any indication of how he interprets data as a researcher,
including ignoring data I wished to share with him. As a witness, I wanted his book
to be a fine one.

JVB

A PERSONAL STATEMENT TO JUDYTH

Lee Oswald is not akin to some wall in a pubic toilet, where you can inscribe your destructive graffiti. Besmirching the personal reputation of a man with a wife and child, and expecting another (daughter Rachel, born on 10/20/63) on the way. Lee Oswald was a real person, with a real wife and a young child, both of whom he loved very much—and who had just learned she was pregnant with their 2nd child.

The notion that he was carrying on an affair with you in New Orleans is not just false—it is ludicrous.

I knew Marina, very well—having spoken to her dozens of times, over a thirteen year period, after Best Evidence was published in 1981.

And, as Lloyd Bentsen said to Senator Dan Quayle, “Senator, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine, and you’re no Jack Kennedy.”

Judyth: Marina Oswald was a friend of mine—and I (along with another writer) even threw her daughter a party here in Hollywood, when the Warner Brothers movie was being made. So let me assure you, Judyth Baker: I knew Marina quite well, and Judyth, you’re no Marina. Not even close.

If you wish to write fiction, go take a course in creative writing, and try your hand at a screenplay—but lay off the Oswald family and spin your false yarns elsewhere.

Again: Lee Oswald’s life is not akin to a public washroom, where you can go and inscribe graffiti, while you run around attempting to manufacture a counterfeit version of history.

DSL
4/2/2010; 4:40 AM

Messages In This Thread
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 22-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Dixie Dea - 24-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by James H. Fetzer - 03-04-2010, 12:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JUDYTH VARY BAKER - IN HER OWN WORDS: Edited, With Commentary by Walt Brown, Ph.D Anthony Thorne 41 14,628 12-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 9,996 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  April 1, 1963 Exile Cuban Leaders restricted to DADE COUNTY - start of JFK hatred David Josephs 19 12,090 11-03-2018, 06:37 PM
  Jim Marrs & Mike Baker: PROVE THE GRASSY KNOLL SHOT! Travel Channel: America Declassified Anthony DeFiore 47 25,629 13-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Poking More Holes in Judyth Baker Jim DiEugenio 95 54,328 05-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Ray Kovach
  Russ Baker on Coast To Coast Richard Coleman 0 2,261 18-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Russ Baker Interview Alan Dale 0 5,863 29-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  Judyth Baker answering questions on Reddit this Friday Kyle Burnett 4 3,742 26-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Judyth Baker conferences: who is funding?? Dawn Meredith 11 6,356 28-10-2014, 08:57 PM
  Nicholson Baker - Dallas Killer's Club R.K. Locke 5 3,801 23-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke