Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing And Good News!...If Little Read!
Ed Jewett Wrote:Sage Publications is, in my estimation, a publisher of highly-respected journals and other compendiums. I fully intend to buy a copy as soon as I can make the phone call. My own personal experience was with an old bound red book of publications by a variety of academicians and practitioners on the art and science of using simulation games as a teaching tool; it was produced in conjunction with the North American Simulation and Gaming Association. It was superb, in-depth, allowed me to appreciate the hobby, introduced me to Thiagi's works (I later beta-tested a game designed by someone who had collaborated with him), enabled me to write several serious articles and proposals, and gave me a thorough preparation for deeper training methods, and enabled me to understand player interaction within a serious simulation training system more intimately. The book was well-used, dog-eared and would still be a treasured resource today if I had not lost it to water damage in a cellar flood.

From WikiPedia:

"SAGE is an independent for-profit academic publisher of books, journals, and electronic products in the humanities, social sciences and scientific, technical and medical fields. SAGE was founded in 1965 by George McCune and Sara Miller McCune. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore, and Washington DC. Blaise R. Simqu is currently SAGE's President and Chief Executive Officer."

"Sara Miller McCune (born 1941) is a philanthropist and the co-founder and Chair of SAGE Publications.
Sara founded SAGE with her late husband George McCune in 1965[1] (SAGE stands for SA – from Sara – and GE – from George)[2] and the company has since grown to become one of the world’s leading independent academic publishers.[3]
Sara Miller McCune has in recent years turned her attention to philanthropy and she funds schools in the developing world[4] as well as community organizations and educational establishments in California. Notable recent donations include $2.5 million to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital [5], $3.5 million to found the SAGE Center For the Study of the Mind at UCSB[6][7] and upwards of $5 million to the Granada Theater Restoration Project.[8]
Sara Miller McCune is a trustee and supporter of the UCSB foundation[7] and is on the Board of Directors of The American Academy of Political and Social Science.[9]
Sara founded the charitable McCune Foundation in 1990.[10]
In 2003, Sara received the Spirit of Entrepreneurship award at the Entrepreneur of the Year awards, sponsored by Ernst and Young.[11]
In 2008, Sara announced the launch of Miller-McCune magazine, published in print and online, by the nonprofit Miller McCune Center for Research, Media and Public Policy, with support from SAGE.[12]
Women’s Campaign International (WCI) recently honored Sara Miller McCune at an event entitled Shattering The Glass Ceiling: Honoring Inspirational Women Around The Globe. Other honorees at the same event included Hillary Rodham Clinton and the President of Liberia.[13]"

Here's the page if you simply want to buy it to view one or more articles:
http://abs.sagepub.com/content/vol53/issue6/

That an academic publisher devoted an entire issue to the psychological/sociological and actual facts about 9-11 is no small matter....dare we hope?! Time is SO very short and I had all but lost hope...
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Amazing And Good News!...If Little Read! - by Peter Lemkin - 25-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MAJOR NEWS - researchers, significant new developments are imminent. Anthony Thorne 9 16,629 08-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  An older, but still very good film on 911 Peter Lemkin 0 3,215 12-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Why do good people become silent or worse about 9/11? Tracy Riddle 5 7,854 11-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Good 14th Anniversary Conference on 911! Peter Lemkin 2 6,541 14-09-2015, 06:01 AM
  911 and Academia - a very good documentary! Sad, but true! Peter Lemkin 1 4,105 05-01-2015, 07:48 AM
  Read Snowden’s Comments On 9/11 That NBC Didn’t Broadcast Magda Hassan 52 24,375 12-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  9/11 News Update Before The Attacks 8:01 AM NBC News Ed Jewett 3 3,761 11-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  9/11 South Tower Demolition - Live Pooled Global Satellite News Feed 9:55 am Ed Jewett 2 3,219 17-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  News of CIA's ongoing coverup of 911 from former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds Peter Lemkin 8 6,897 23-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  A Rather Good Plan For Citizen-Sponsored Investigations - 911 or Dallas or.... Peter Lemkin 4 4,179 20-09-2011, 06:37 AM