Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious
Phil Dragoo Wrote:Disagreeing with Charles, I don’t think people would pay the extra money to visit Harlem or Appalachia. But Hawaii, yes.

As per JFK being an “oligarch” who was changing at the time of his death, I have to say, when I read something like that, I really believe that everything I have done up to this time has been, as they say, “pissing in the wind”.

Three points for Jim -- but first I must engage in a "full disclosure" moment:

In years gone by I have been critical of Jim's work on many levels. And said criticism has not always been offered with the requisite respect and specificity. Let the record show that, for whatever it's worth, I do indeed honor much of what he has accomplished in our common quests to reveal truth and bring about justice in the case of JFK's murder and related matters. In a word, I am a fan.

1. In re the conference: Jim, it is not about attracting people with the lure of an edenic locale. It is about empowering people with the overarching theme of unification in service to the aformentioned shared quests. The choice of venue in this instance amounts to a tacit admission that truth and justice alone are insufficient to serve as rallying cries for those we wish to unite. I for one have yet to reach that conclusion.

We should not be about tempting the recalcitrant with a trip to Diamond Head, but rather firing a diamond bullet into the foreheads of the unenlightened.

Or as Fidel might put it: Revolutions are not staged in Aspen, but in the Sierra Maestra.

2. Everything I know about the human condition compels me to reject as absurd the notion that JFK -- or, for that matter, any human being -- came into this world fully formed. My respect and indeed reverence for John Fitzgerald Kennedy exist in direct proportion to my understanding of his heroic -- in the Homeric sense -- spiritual growth and emotional and intellectual maturation in the face of forces dedicated to stunting such growth and maturation.

While Jim significantly points to evidence of nascent transcendence at a relatively early stage of JFK's life, he by no means demonstrates that which cannot be demonstrated -- even in the lives of the saints.

As the poet reminds us: It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive.

It is the journey, not the arrival, that compels reverence.

3. Jim, why not join us here?

Respectfully,

Charles

Messages In This Thread
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious - by Myra Bronstein - 02-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious - by Charles Drago - 17-10-2010, 04:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim DiEugenio and Lisa Pease' PROBE CD Jim Hackett II 2 3,512 13-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  Me and Lee Judyth Baker Dawn Meredith 6 5,610 24-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Linda Minor
  FTR #730 Interview with Russ Baker Ed Jewett 4 8,831 18-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Virtual JFK: film review by Jim DiEugenio Dawn Meredith 1 3,592 03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  In Discussion with Russ Baker Charles Drago 21 12,819 24-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Family Of Secrets :The Bush Family Dynasty by Russ Baker Peter Lemkin 13 11,852 14-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Myra Bronstein