Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who’s telling the truth: Clint Hill or the Zapruder film?
Albert,

I hope you will read the first few sections of the long report from P.J. Stahl, which Bernice has posted. He does an exceptional job of addressing differences between them, which you should find of great interest. It not only supports the alteration of the Nix as well as the Zapruder but that the bone fragment was occipital and flew to the left rear. I would also note that you are assuming a standard load for a frangible bullet, when many shooters load their own ammunition and can vary the individual load. Even Stahl observes that many are of the opinion that a dum-dum bullet was used, where he--at least implicitly--disagrees with your theory of the degree of damage that such a round would inflict, which of course appears to have been far less than "blowing his head off". Blowing out half of his brains appears to have been more than enough. Here are some of the passages of greatest interest:

There is not the least doubt in my mind that this is indeed a dislodged bone fragment, and more than likely the selfsame fragment (occipital) found by William Harper subsequently, about 25-35' behind where the limo was when the shot was fired.(Also noted by Mr. Charles Brehm - who was standing only 30' from the limo at the time, but never called by the Warren Commission). A missing occipital bone would also comport with the hole in the head as described, for example, by Charles Crenshaw at Parkland (10, p86). ...

From a purely physics point of view, the motion of the fragment over the trunk clearly shows the direction of momentum. Its motion is also perfectly consistent, and matched to the other kinetics visible (i.e. the head shot, direction of head motion , etc. )...(Note Jackie can also be seen in the film moving over the trunk in an attempt to snatch the flying fragment (cf. Z-film 7, p38, lower right, p192, bottom) and her own testimony appearing in transcripts (WC, Vol. V, p. 180) indicates that is exactly what she was doing. Charles Brehm in an interview ('Rush to Judgment', 1986) also notes the displacement of what he believed to be a skull 'particle' to the left and rear of the limo.

Jim

Albert Doyle Wrote:
James H. Fetzer Wrote:You think
that the skull flap had to have been blow open by the back of the head shot and
not by the frangible bullet. We know the bullet was frangible from the metallic
particles found in the lateral cranial X-ray. But if the skull flap had been blown
open BEFORE the frangile bullet exploded, it would have blown cerebral tissue
out of the side of his head, which would not have included cerebellar. But that,
I take it, did not happen. I know the Newmans saw what was exposed when the
skull flap was blown open, but surely if brains had been blown out of it, it would
not have closed back up so neatly. Tell me more about the hair at Parkland. I
am not sure I have heard that described before. What is your source about that?

It would make sense because the only other explanation would be that the shot from behind occurred first, weakened the occipital, but then did not exit (or exited by the right ear as you suggest).

If you suggest metallic particles show evidence of an exploding bullet then you have to reconcile that with known exploding bullet behavior. As far as I know most exploding bullet wounds to the head result in catastrophic damage. If we are referring to metallic particles indicating exploding bullet fragments then we know it exploded. So, if we compare this to known exploding bullet behavior, it is highly unlikely that the upper hemisphere of the radially exploding materials did not have some serious fragments shoot upwards and shred the skull vault above it. I'm fairly confident most exploding bullets would act similar to the test shot in Day Of The Jackal and leave catastrophic damage. Sure, maybe it would have blown the skull flap open but I think it is highly unlikely that exploding fragments would not have blown the skull vault in the upper 180 hemisphere to bits. It stands to reason that some of this hemisphere must have had some exploding fragments shooting upwards. These fragments would shoot through the cranium creating shattering exit wounds and would not leave an intact skull portion to be folded back over as seen at Parkland.

The personnel at Parkland, especially the nurse who attended JFK after he was declared dead, stated that they did not detect the horrible bloody parietal wound seen at Bethesda. So we have to assume that the skull flap wound was either forged or perhaps it was somehow able to be closed back over in place like a hatch (or both). However we know some kind of wound occurred because there were brain materials in the forward direction splattered on the front seat occupants.

If the skull flap bursting open in Zapruder is real, or partly real, then I believe it opened-up at the ridge of the head first and hinged on a portion of elastic flesh located on the side of the head. So if there is any veracity to this wound then it is very likely its ejecta first exited leftward as the flap opened-up. Leftward and upward as seen in Zapruder. A hemispherical burst as conforms to the pattern of an exploding cranial dome.

I don't think we've resolved the point that once you admit a parietal skull flap wound it has to have some kind of blood spray event connected to it. So even if Costello proves the blood fog dissipates too fast to be real it doesn't exclude everything else.

Messages In This Thread
Who’s telling the truth: Clint Hill or the Zapruder film? - by James H. Fetzer - 30-01-2011, 06:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 1,584 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,081 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Deep Truth Journal: First Issue Jim DiEugenio 0 4,851 29-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Kavanaugh helped to keep the Truth of JFK assassination buried with CIA. Peter Lemkin 4 12,678 10-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Fiction is Stranger than Truth Lauren Johnson 1 17,810 27-07-2018, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Hill at Oak Cliff Milo Reech 13 13,365 27-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Nov. 22 radio interviews with me and Alexandra Zapruder Joseph McBride 21 18,997 11-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,756 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
  J Norwood: "Lee Harvey Oswald: The Legend and the Truth" Jim Hargrove 12 9,191 04-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Jeff Carter: Part 2 of his Review of Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 0 2,391 23-03-2017, 05:45 PM