Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watergate, why? Photos? Of whom???
Just throwing this question out to try and stimulate some discussion, and because I am curious.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what photos Nixon was after at the watergate? Otherwise, a theory on what ulterior motive there was for the break in?

i think the more common assertion is that the administration was aware that the dems had the tramps photos and Nixon was protecting Hunt, and therefore the country from a painful wound.

My biggest problem with this is I fully doubt that the tramp photos show either hunt or sturgis.
im inclined to believe one is harrelson over sturgis (and by a lot, not a little) and I suspect that if it was photos they were after, it was something more disturbing than the tramp photos.

???
At one time I thought maybe the so called "tall tramp" that was paraded across Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63, was Charles V Harrelson. But, after studying various photos posted on the internet, I came to believe that the gentleman is actually John Gedney. And, I am aware of an expert artist who believes it to be a 24 year old CVH, but to me the age appearence and the somewhat larger nose on CVH, along with the age advanced pictures of Mr Gedney strongly indicates JG to be the person in question, as id'd on arrest records from DPD.

:Read:

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

Nick
Go to the area of Historical events. There are threads on Watergate that will assist you in this question.
Not your question per se but what Watergate really was.

Dawn
The Tramp photos were shown by Garrison on Johnny Carson's TV show. It's true you can't see them well enough to identify anyone.

Nixon most likely did not order the Watergate break-in. We have some other threads on this:

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sho...evisionism
This is the first time I ever heard that Nixon was looking for some photo's, I seriously doubt that they were in the Watergate building. However, it makes some sense because Nixon did want all the documents on the Bay of Pigs from Richard Helms, but Helms flat out said, no you can't have them. The only photo's I'm aware of are the photos my father stole from the CIA headquarters in Miami prior to Watergate. A few books have been written on Watergate, and speculations as to who the sixth burglar was, I'll tell you that it was my father who was recruited by Frank Sturgis, Elias Chejet is the person who drove Frank to the airport on the first burglary, my mother drove my father where the two would met in Washington. My father didn't go back to Washington the second time when all five got arrested. As soon as Watergate broke and hit the Miami Herald my father took off to Haiti and stayed at Mike Mclaney's hotel until things cooled down, but it still didn't stop the FBI from investigating my father, no one knew this until now.
Scott Kaiser Wrote:This is the first time I ever heard that Nixon was looking for some photo's, I seriously doubt that they were in the Watergate building. However, it makes some sense because Nixon did want all the documents on the Bay of Pigs from Richard Helms, but Helms flat out said, no you can't have them. The only photo's I'm aware of are the photos my father stole from the CIA headquarters in Miami prior to Watergate. A few books have been written on Watergate, and speculations as to who the sixth burglar was, I'll tell you that it was my father who was recruited by Frank Sturgis, Elias Chejet is the person who drove Frank to the airport on the first burglary, my mother drove my father where the two would met in Washington. My father didn't go back to Washington the second time when all five got arrested. As soon as Watergate broke and hit the Miami Herald my father took off to Haiti and stayed at Mike Mclaney's hotel until things cooled down, but it still didn't stop the FBI from investigating my father, no one knew this until now.

Haiti, eh?......seems that a Mr. G. deM also went to Haiti for a while. Can you go a step further in explaining your father's background such that Frank Fiorini would want to 'recruit' him. Thanks.

For a long time, those that didn't buy the 'official' Watergate story thought that someone wanted compromising photos related in some way to the BOP, Cuba, and/or Dallas that some Democrats might have had to embarrass or blackmail Nixon - or those around Nixon. It is less sure now. Seems to me that some wanted to destabilize Nixon and thus the Watergate purposely bungled break-in was done. There were probably several operations going on, all at the same time...don't forget that people died in the longer Watergate story....and IMO it was the beginning of the end for Nixon.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
It is my undertanding that Nixon believed that the party leader (name?) of the Democrats possessed some blackmail material that had been passed to them by someone connected to the JFK investigation. Daniel Ellsberg was somehow involved, or his release of the Pentagon Papers had Nixon spooked. (Sorry for the pun) I don't remember all the specific names and whatnot, but it should be easy enough to google.
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:This is the first time I ever heard that Nixon was looking for some photo's, I seriously doubt that they were in the Watergate building. However, it makes some sense because Nixon did want all the documents on the Bay of Pigs from Richard Helms, but Helms flat out said, no you can't have them. The only photo's I'm aware of are the photos my father stole from the CIA headquarters in Miami prior to Watergate. A few books have been written on Watergate, and speculations as to who the sixth burglar was, I'll tell you that it was my father who was recruited by Frank Sturgis, Elias Chejet is the person who drove Frank to the airport on the first burglary, my mother drove my father where the two would met in Washington. My father didn't go back to Washington the second time when all five got arrested. As soon as Watergate broke and hit the Miami Herald my father took off to Haiti and stayed at Mike Mclaney's hotel until things cooled down, but it still didn't stop the FBI from investigating my father, no one knew this until now.

Haiti, eh?......seems that a Mr. G. deM also went to Haiti for a while. Can you go a step further in explaining your father's background such that Frank Fiorini would want to 'recruit' him. Thanks.

Frank and my father was at one time very close, good friends. In fact I knew Frank as uncle Frank, until all hell broke out between Frank and my father, and in 1973 my father started to show off the photos he stole to folks like Nino Diaz, Felix Rodriguez, Richard Poyle, Aldo Vera, and many others. They didn't want my father to testify, but the government did, however, the government didn't want to provide the safety my father was asking for, so he gave the government nothing. On February 7, 1977 both Frank and Richard Poyle picked my father up for work that morning later that afternoon my mother received a phone call saying that my father was dead. William Pawley died three weeks before my father, and G. deM died three weeks after my father. I believe it all had to do with the HSCA thing going on at the time.
Scott Kaiser Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

Frank and my father was at one time very close, good friends. In fact I knew Frank as uncle Frank, until all hell broke out between Frank and my father, and in 1973 my father started to show off the photos he stole to folks like Nino Diaz, Felix Rodriguez, Richard Poyle, Aldo Vera, and many others. They didn't want my father to testify, but the government did, however, the government didn't want to provide the safety my father was asking for, so he gave the government nothing. On February 7, 1977 both Frank and Richard Poyle picked my father up for work that morning later that afternoon my mother received a phone call saying that my father was dead. William Pawley died three weeks before my father, and G. deM died three weeks after my father. I believe it all had to do with the HSCA thing going on at the time.

Interesting, indeed! Pawley and DeM were certainly killed to silence them on what they knew relating to Dallas and those involved in Dallas. There was a lot of 'cleaning up' done around that time...with MANY people murdered for what they knew and could possibly tell. What was the nature of these photos you allude to?

I once had the opportunity to speak alone with Marita Lorenz in a small town in Colorado. I asked her about the 'trip' she claimed to have made from Miami to Dallas with Frank. She didn't want to say much - other than it was true. I had met her daughter before then and that was my 'in'. She was nice, friendly and very interesting, but not forthcoming with anything she hasn't already said...and even some of that she'd not repeat or confirm. I got the feeling she was still somewhat afraid that if she said the wrong thing bad things could happen. She had a person with her who I got the feeling [later] was intelligence connected - but when I spoke with her, most of the time we were alone. She was visiting the US at that point and lived in Germany. Since, she has returned to the USA.

Your father knew a lot of 'heavies'!!!! Uncle Frank....my, my, my....
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Drew Phipps Wrote:It is my undertanding that Nixon believed that the party leader (name?) of the Democrats possessed some blackmail material that had been passed to them by someone connected to the JFK investigation. Daniel Ellsberg was somehow involved, or his release of the Pentagon Papers had Nixon spooked. (Sorry for the pun) I don't remember all the specific names and whatnot, but it should be easy enough to google.

Drew: Watergate was a CIA takedown of Nixon. (That is the very short answer). As to why there has been a lot of speculation. It definitely had to do with the JFK assassination. He kept referring to "the whole Bay of Pigs thing" (When I have more time I will get the longer quote). Years later his top aid ( Bob Haldeman ) wrote in The Ends of Power- (not positive of the title, I think this is it. ) that he used this phrase to refer to the JFK assassination. I suspect he was trying to blackmail the CIA and FBI.

Dawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --Part III: The Autopsy Photos Gil Jesus 0 127 27-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Lho and the backyard photos Bernice Moore 22 19,399 27-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Shane O'Sullivan's DIRTY TRICKS: NIXON, WATERGATE AND THE CIA Anthony Thorne 2 5,412 07-11-2018, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Rare never before seen photos of Kennedy Scott Kaiser 2 3,883 16-05-2017, 07:17 PM
  Watergate's [inside] man! Scott Kaiser 1 2,975 25-04-2017, 04:19 AM
  Scott - Watergate book Derek Ekdom 6 6,157 18-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Break-ins at Watergate and the Chilean Embassy Scott Kaiser 1 2,125 12-03-2016, 12:42 AM
  Interesting new photos and photo analysis of the Plaza Peter Lemkin 0 3,746 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Watergate and how is it connected to Kennedy's assassination? Scott Kaiser 1 2,157 22-10-2015, 02:49 AM
  Pixel Counting Biometric Comparison of Oswald photos Drew Phipps 17 9,182 15-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove