Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph McBride replies to Dale Myers re the Tippit case
http://www.ctka.net/2014/mcbride_01.html
Joseph McBride Wrote:http://www.ctka.net/2014/mcbride_01.html

Good article Joseph...and very much liked your book too.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Thanks very much, Peter, I appreciate it.
The trolls are dropping out of the review section and it is finally getting the 5 by 5 rating signal it deserves.
Hi vAlbert

One would think, with the 50th come and gone, that the troll budget would get cut back somewhat, what with the state of the economy and all.
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Warren Commission testimony of Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill, 1964
Bob Prudhomme Wrote:Hi vAlbert

One would think, with the 50th come and gone, that the troll budget would get cut back somewhat, what with the state of the economy and all.

Ah, but the military and intelligence - the two items that keep the Oligarchy and Secret Government in place has seen nothing but increases in budget year on year from WW II and a huge leap after their own false-flag 9-11-01.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Joseph, I think you did admirable work on your book and have come up with some interesting new information and eliminated some frequently mulled over 'chaff'. The one thing that I found missing in your book [at least in the ebook version] was an index. Does the printed version have one? I have always felt that the Tippit shooting was one of the Rosetta stones of the case...much ignored, and very subject to disinformation, distortion of facts, intimidation of witnesses, intelligence tricks et al. that started with that killing itself.
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Joseph, I think you did admirable work on your book and have come up with some interesting new information and eliminated some frequently mulled over 'chaff'. The one thing that I found missing in your book [at least in the ebook version] was an index. Does the printed version have one? I have always felt that the Tippit shooting was one of the Rosetta stones of the case...much ignored, and very subject to disinformation, distortion of facts, intimidation of witnesses, intelligence tricks et al. that started with that killing itself.

Peter, I appreciate your praise of the book. There is indeed an Index in the print version of INTO THE NIGHTMARE. The eBook edition
does not have one. That is typical of eBooks, since the pagination is not the same as in the print edition. Pagination
varies according to the reading device with an eBook, for one thing, so it doesn't mean the same or correspond to the
pagination in a print edition. And an eBook has a search
function that a print book doesn't have, so that is a way of compensating for not having an Index.
So both versions of books have their pros and cons in terms of formatting, which is one
reason publishers usually offer both choices these days.
I read a comment about a mispronouncement of the word asked, by LHO. Instead of "asked", he said "aksed". An easier to pronounce "aksed", was used when he referred to a question about the President's murder. I saw mention of a possible symptom of LHO's dyslexia. Maybe so, but I have heard that mispronouncement fairly often. Especially, by some of my Cajun French speaking friends from south Louisiana, but others as well. Maybe it was stress, and he returned to an easier pronouncement of the word "asked" that he likely used as a young child before an education taught him the correct spelling and pronouncement. Some of us, at least at times, have some difficulty with the pronouncement of certain words. In any event, I believe he said "aksed", and not "axed". JMO, but I can and do, appreciate Mr McBride's effort at establishment of true facts, by replying to the uh, uh, DM uh, version of the JDT murder case.

:Sherlock:

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

LR Trotter Wrote:I read a comment about a mispronouncement of the word asked, by LHO. Instead of "asked", he said "aksed". An easier to pronounce "aksed", was used when he referred to a question about the President's murder. I saw mention of a possible symptom of LHO's dyslexia. Maybe so, but I have heard that mispronouncement fairly often. Especially, by some of my Cajun French speaking friends from south Louisiana, but others as well. Maybe it was stress, and he returned to an easier pronouncement of the word "asked" that he likely used as a young child before an education taught him the correct spelling and pronouncement. Some of us, at least at times, have some difficulty with the pronouncement of certain words. In any event, I believe he said "aksed", and not "axed". JMO, but I can and do, appreciate Mr McBride's effort at establishment of true facts, by replying to the uh, uh, DM uh, version of the JDT murder case.

:Sherlock:

I used to look down on persons who said "axed" for "asked," until I heard a linguist say in a documentary that "axed" is the original form of the word in early English. "Asked" is a later, aristocratic, refinement. Forgive me if it is still too early in the day for me to trace the exact etymology, but "Oswald" violates a social norm here, not a linguistic rule.

One thing in "Oswald's" use of "axed": Would a non-native, non-Southern, speaker consciously lapse into the demotic form "axed" while under stress? Tends to aid in establishing that the arrested "Oswald" was an American of southern extraction. And "axed" is used in the Bronx as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 264 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 302 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 335 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 373 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why Officer Tippit stopped his Killer Jim DiEugenio 24 19,517 26-12-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Was the TFX Case a Scandal? Jim DiEugenio 0 2,106 04-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Uses of Public Relations in the JFK case Jim DiEugenio 0 1,735 11-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Finally: the Hammarskjold case is Moving Jim DiEugenio 14 15,298 04-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Tippit Case in the New Millenium Jim DiEugenio 192 192,794 23-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Alan Dale chats with Peter Dale Scott about the JFK assassination - a good read Anthony Thorne 2 4,805 18-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser