Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTKA's review of Survivor's Guilt
http://www.ctka.net/2014_reviews/survivors_guilt.html

I thought this was one of the better books released on the 50th. It tapers off in the second half, but its still worth reading.

If you look at all the anomalies he lists, its very hard I think to dismiss it all as either mistakes, or even negligence.

VInce implies that Lawson and Sorrels are quite suspicious. I just wished he had added what those guys did with the Warren Commission to make his case even stronger e.g.advising Bledsoe and Brennan.
Good review, and despite the failings you mention, a must-read book for any researcher.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Good review. Some typos in the last chapter and elsewhere.

I read somewhere that the regular driver for JFK's motorcades died of a heart attack a month or so before the assassination putting Greer in the driver's seat.
Albert Doyle Wrote:Good review. Some typos in the last chapter and elsewhere.

I read somewhere that the regular driver for JFK's motorcades died of a heart attack a month or so before the assassination putting Greer in the driver's seat.

Nearly, but not quite:

Associated Press, "White House Chauffeur Dies at Camp David," Washington Post, October 16, 1963, p.C9

Quote:"Thomas Shipman, 51, one of President Kennedy's Secret Service drivers, died Monday at the presidential retreat at nearby Camp David.

The cause of death was not immediately determined pending a coroner's report.

Mr. Shipman, a native of Washington, was a District policeman from 1936 until 1950 when he transferred to the White House police force. He became a Secret Service agent in 1954.

Mr. Shipman occasionally drove the President's limousine, but, more normally, drove the carload of Secret Service agents who follow directly behind the President.

He is survived by his wife, Jacqueline, of the home address, 3817 Van Ness st. nw."
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
Yeah, but that spot was taken by Kinney who cooperated with Roberts. Meaning Greer would not be chosen before Shipman in Dallas. The implication being Shipman would be a danger in either seat. Either a witness to Robert's treachery or competent JFK limousine driver who protected the president. Notice the Washington Post (Bradlee's CIA Mockingbird medium) goes out of its way to minimize Shipman's JFK driving.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site...B480%3B360

Vince Palamara detailed some of these anomalies on an episode of BOR not too long ago. It's well worth a listen. One of the better ones in recent times.
“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.”
― Leo Tolstoy,
Albert Doyle Wrote:Good review. Some typos in the last chapter and elsewhere.

Does any publisher actually employ proofreaders and editors anymore? Every book I buy these days has typos and various word processing-related errors that the spell-checker can't catch.
I haven't felt compelled to buy this version, since I still have the old internet edition and thought it was very strong by itself.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Does any publisher actually employ proofreaders and editors anymore?

I was talking Jim's review.
Actually some publishers do employ proofreaders.

But they are not as good as they think they are.

And in fact, the editors they have are for shit.

I mean, Carrol and Graff must have been the worst e.g. Livingstone's books.

An then look at what SKyhorse did with Reclaiming Parkland. THey cut out all the great stuff I had on Bugliosi plus my chapter on Mexico City.

(BTW, does everyone know where that stuff is? Its really good. Its at Feral House, The Assassinations page.)

But that is how gutless these guys are in the face of celebrities with money.

THe state of publishing houses is really bad today. If I had to do it all over, I would have published my last two books myself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Kelly's Review of David Talbot's "The Devil's Chessboard" Bill Kelly 32 23,783 14-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  The End of CTKA, but the beginning of.... Jim DiEugenio 18 15,869 21-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Last Post: George Klees
  Antonio Veciana's Trained to Kill - Bill Kelly's Review Peter Lemkin 2 6,655 17-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  Conspiracy Corner News podcast/Joe Green review Joseph McBride 7 10,505 25-05-2017, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Jeff Carter: Part 2 of his Review of Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 0 2,385 23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  My Review of "Harvey and Lee" Don Jeffries 6 5,025 10-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  A review of Citizen Lane by Jim DiEugenio Jim DiEugenio 4 3,706 13-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Parts 1 and 2 of The Rifle, BYP & Pistol are up at CTKA David Josephs 17 6,188 01-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Ayton and Von Pein Upended at CTKA Jim DiEugenio 11 5,449 11-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  3rd part of the Mexico Trip series at CTKA David Josephs 18 9,224 27-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Last Post: David Josephs