Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1976 Motorcade
Gerald Ford's motorcade passing through Dealey Plaza in 1976.

[Image: PG006236.jpg]

Not quite the turnout that JFK received.
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Warren Commission testimony of Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill, 1964
Yes, and no lone nuts that day as they only seem to come out for the progressive politicians.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Ja. The reich restored. Post Viet Nam people-less landscape and politics.
Judging by the headlights, it looks like late afternoon. Is that a convertible he's riding in?
I have to say that this photo doesn't bolster the arguments of those who say the motorcade route was changed to go down Elm St only for the JFK assassination. Obviously Ford's motorcade took the same route.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Obviously Ford's motorcade took the same route.

For old time's sake.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Or maybe for boasting...

This photo shows what an impossible shot it was.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/neve...-for-time/

Late in his 1976 campaign, Ford's media team produced the 5-minute commercial that shows Ford (who had survived two near-miss assassination attempts) giving a speech. A cherry bomb goes off, the President clearly presumes it is an assassin firing, and flinches. In the following scenes, we see Ford parading through Dallas in a motorcade similar to John Kennedy's fatal caravan of 1963. "Neither the cherry bombs of a misguided prankster nor all the memories of recent years can keep people and their President apart," says the narrator. "When a limousine can parade openly through the streets of Dallas, there's a change that's come over America."
Ford's team hoped the commercial would show that their man had closed down the bad years that led from JFK's assassination to Vietnam and Watergate. But when pollster Bob Teeter showed the commercial to a secret focus group, he discovered that "it was shocking to them," as he later told Jules Witcover, author of "Marathon: The Pursuit of the Presidency 1972-1976." "It was just too emotional. …It was just frightening."
Memories of the Kennedy murder and of Ford's close calls were too recent. Some on Ford's team feared that the spot would harm the campaign in Texas. The Secret Service would also have been right to worry that the film might incite a third assassin to assault the President. The commercial was kept in the vault and never aired.
Dealy Plaza always looks bigger in pictures than it really is. When I visited it for the first time, I was quite shocked how close everything really is.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
I wonder if this motorcade made the same trip down Main, then from Houston to Elm; or did it come right down Elm?

Clearly, choosing a different motorcade route - even with hindsight and (almost) no one watching - might have appeared suspicious.
I wonder if Gary Mack has any information about the route this motorcade took to get to Elm?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof the Motorcade came to a long Halt Bob Prudhomme 17 7,583 23-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  The Motorcade Route... Bernice Moore 1 4,960 20-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  JFK, Kennedy, Motorcade, Duval Street, Key West Frame 5, Bernice Moore 0 2,131 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  photos of motorcade found dumped in Ft. Worth Ed Jewett 3 4,236 28-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  New information re motorcade route Mark Stapleton 0 3,303 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Mark Stapleton