Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof the Motorcade came to a long Halt
I cannot believe how collectively blind all of us are to the most obvious things, and how we can be looking so hard at one thing that another thing, crying to be seen, is totally missed.

Malcolm Couch, a cameraman with WFAA-TV in Dallas, was riding in the motorcade in the back of a convertible, along with famous photographer (Oswald killing) Bob Jackson. According to Couch's WC testimony, they were about 5 or 6 cars back in the procession. Just after their car had turned onto Houston, according to Couch, they heard the first shot. They heard two more shots, just prior to arriving at the corner of Houston and Elm. Immediately, Jackson shouted for everyone to look up, as he had spotted a rifle. Couch testified he looked up to a 6th or 7th floor window, just in time to see a rifle barrel being withdrawn into the window opening.

This is the film he took immediately following seeing the rifle barrel withdrawn, in which Officer Baker is seen running into the TSBD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OYN8VLf_04

A couple of things bother me about this film.

If I had seen a rifle withdrawn into a 6th floor window, how would I know the sniper wasn't just loading another round, and getting ready for another shot? Why is Couch not filming this window, in the hopes of catching the sniper on film?

If I was Jackson, I wouldn't have just hollered once about seeing a rifle, I'd have carried on yelling until everyone within a block radius knew there was a gunman on the 6th floor. See the car ahead of them? Not a single glance up to the 6th floor by anyone in the car.

BUT, here is the thing that blew me away. God knows how I missed it. THE CAR COUCH AND JACKSON ARE SITTING IN IS STANDING STILL THE ENTIRE TIME COUCH FILMED BAKER RUNNING INTO THE TSBD!!!!!

The motorcade had to come to a stop, and stayed stopped for a few moments, if Couch's car, 5 or 6 cars back, is forced to stop for this amount of time. Think of it, they were still on Houston St. at the time of the third shot, meaning there were only 3 or 4 cars between them and JFK's limo.

CORRECTION: Just checked the motorcade line up. There were seven cars between Jackson's and Couch's convertible and JFK's limo.
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Warren Commission testimony of Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill, 1964
I would suggest that Couch's film is more indicative of what he saw and heard than his subsequent testimony. Perhaps Couch had been carefully "coached."

Having been in several parades, and standing in innumerable "queues," I'd like to point out that what happens in the middle or end of the parade doesn't necessarily reflect what's happening right then at the front of the parade; though if the front stops, the effect of that action eventually does work it's way to the end.. Just like hitting your brakes on a crowded freeway.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Considering how long Couch's car was sitting there (no way of knowing how long it sat there before Couch started filming) I would say the motorcade had to come to a good stop, and not just a minor deceleration.
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Looks like the car is stationary for a minimum of four seconds, since we don't know how long it took Couch to begin to film. There is a cut near 5 seconds, and the car is moving forward (slowly) after that. 5 seconds doesn't seem like a long time, but that would be time enough for 2 shots from the MC 91/38.

There is also, from my recollection, no timely report from police stating that Couch or Jackson, as eyewitnesses, ever reported the location of the rifle to anyone.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Yes, it's a good point about the film indicating a full stopping of the motorcade.

Robert Jackson did tell his story about seeing the rifle from the very beginning:11/22/1963 Dallas Times Herald article (published that afternoon): He "heard one shot and then two more rapid shots...Jackson saw two men peering from the building window on the fifth floor. They were looking directly above their heads. Jackson saw a rifle being drawn back into a sixth-floor window. It disappeared quickly and he saw no more. The stock appeared to be dark brown, Jackson said."

11/23/1963 Jackson wrote in the Times-Herald: "As I looked up to the window above, I saw a rifle being pulled back in the window. It might have been resting on the window sill. I didn't see a man. I didn't even see if it had a scope on it...He had about a 45-degree angle from the building to the president's car."

Malcolm Counch (FBI REPORT : November 27, 1963):
He heard two loud noises about ten seconds apart which sounded like a motorcycle backfire. He said as they turned the corner onto Elm from Houston, he heard another noise, and Robert Jackson yelled to look up at the window. He said he immediately turned his head toward the area of the Texas School Book Depository building, and around the fifth or sixth floor he observed what appeared to be a rifle being withdrawn from a window. He said by this time the car was approximately in front of the window in question, but he could not observe any figure behind same.
I stand corrected, but what I meant when I said "timely" was, I cannot recall either of them reporting their observations to anyone at the scene. You would expect that a real eyewitness would stick around to help officers locate the shooter, like Amos Euins.

In addition, a "45 degree angle" would a) be unlikely given the partially closed window and the material at the sniper's nest (I know that there are serious doubts about the sniper nest, but these reporters are supporting the "official version"), and b) indicate that the shooter was aiming far too close to the base of the building to be the "third shot", or even the "second shot."

Sorry, I think these two reporters are selling newspapers.

I completely agree with you, Drew. Bob Jackson and Malcolm Couch were seated on the top of the back seat, and their car and the convertible ahead of them were both sitting still at the corner.

If you're like me, I believe you would have yelled at the top of your lungs that you had seen a rifle on the 6th floor, in light of the fact three shots had just been heard. Do you think everyone in Dealey Plaza would have heard us yelling?

And yet, Couch does not film the 6th floor, and the occupants of the press car ahead of them, mere feet away, do not so much as glance up at the 6th floor window.

Even better, Bob Jackson describes, in his WC testimony, seeing two negro men on the 5th floor leaning out the window and attempting to look up at the 6th floor window. Of the three men on the 5th floor, Bonnie Ray Williams, Harold Norman and James Jarman, only Norman is asked about this in his testimony to the WC.

"Mr. BALL. I have one question.
On the 26th of November, an FBI agent named Kreutzer advises us in a report that he talked to you. Do you remember that?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You remember?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes; I remember talking to him. I don't know his name.
Mr. BALL. He reports that you told him that you heard a shot and that you stuck your head from the window and looked upward toward the roof but could see nothing because small particles of dirt were falling from above you. Did you tell him that?
Mr. NORMAN. I don't recall telling him that.
Mr. BALL. Did you ever put your head out the window?
Mr. NORMAN. No, sir; I don't remember ever putting my head out the window.
Mr. BALL. And he reports that you stated that two additional shots were fired after you pulled your head back in from the window. Do you remember telling him that?
Mr. NORMAN. No, sir; I don't.
Mr. BALL. I have no further questions."

Sounds like the reporters AND the FBI were selling newspapers.

There must have come a point in the hearings when some of the members of the Warren Commission began asking, "Why can none of these witnesses recall what the FBI claims they told FBI agents during interviews?"

The obvious contradiction by Harold Norman of a report submitted by an overly eager FBI agent is something repeated often during the hearings. Do we really need anything more to tell us Hoover and the FBI were part of a major cover up?

Drew Phipps Wrote:I stand corrected, but what I meant when I said "timely" was, I cannot recall either of them reporting their observations to anyone at the scene. You would expect that a real eyewitness would stick around to help officers locate the shooter, like Amos Euins.

In addition, a "45 degree angle" would a) be unlikely given the partially closed window and the material at the sniper's nest (I know that there are serious doubts about the sniper nest, but these reporters are supporting the "official version"), and b) indicate that the shooter was aiming far too close to the base of the building to be the "third shot", or even the "second shot."

Sorry, I think these two reporters are selling newspapers.

Possibly, but there were a few other witnesses who saw a barrel sticking out of the window. I'm doubtful that it was fired during the assassination. It would have been smart to station someone up there as a decoy to draw attention.
Tracy: If you are referring to this DT Herald:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6592&stc=1]

It was published after Oswald was in custody and after the DPD had finished their search of the TSBD. There is a legible copy of the above image at this site:

http://natedsanders.com/jfk_assassinatio...t8378.aspx

Attached Files
.jpg   DT herald 11-22-63 large.jpg (Size: 54.49 KB / Downloads: 29)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof the CE 139 Rifle did not kill JFK Gil Jesus 0 529 28-11-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  A simply proof the BYP are not real David Josephs 28 15,688 16-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Ray Mitcham
  More proof Oswald not at the Cuban Embassy - LITAMIL-9 David Josephs 25 17,164 31-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  George H.W. Bush - long of the CIA and silver-spoon club Peter Lemkin 3 17,645 04-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Proof the fatal shot came from somewhere else other then the rear Scott Kaiser 47 14,434 04-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Proof Kennedy's fatal shot came from the front! Scott Kaiser 36 9,411 11-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Clear proof the DP Tramps are not the men in the arrest reports David Josephs 6 3,613 23-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Once and for all - JVB is a con and here's the proof David Josephs 6 3,569 07-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Definite proof the BYPs were faked - and who is Johnnie GRIZZAFFI and what did he say? David Josephs 44 12,464 02-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  1976 Motorcade Bob Prudhomme 11 7,913 23-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle