Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Warren Commission at 50:Worse Now than Ever
http://www.ctka.net/2014/WC%20Introduction.html

Another visual essay. This one on just how awful the WC looks today.

Which is pretty bad.
I like the powerpoint.

Based on the size of the images, I don't believe that "Prayer Man" is Oswald. That person is too short, when compared to Wesley Frazier to be 5'9" Oswald. Unless Prayer Man is actually sitting on something, a stair railing perhaps.

Here is a quote from an earlier thread: https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sho...azier+tall

Quote: Well, that didn't work because when Frazier was close to the car and in the same frame as the car, the car was far too close to the camera lens to make a good digital comparison. He didn't appear to be more than "head height" over and above the roof of the car, so AT MOST he is 6' 3." (I wonder if any intrepid researchers have uncovered his service records, there should be an accurate height in there.)

Based on a guess of Frazier at 6'3," "Prayer Man" is too short to be 5'9" Oswald, assuming "Prayer Man" is standing up. There is a notable disparity in size (more than a full head of height) between "Prayer Man" and the person pointed out as Frazier. "Prayer Man" appears to be roughly the same height (in relation to Frazier's head), that the top of the 1954 Bel Aire is (in relation to Frazier's head in the November movie), so the "Prayer Man" figure is 5" 3" or less.

Could be there's a chair or stool in that corner, or maybe "Prayer Man" is sort of perched on the railing, or doing a "wall-sit" in the corner of the wall there, either of which might explain the wider appearance of the bottom of the image, which some folks think is a dress, but might just be legs apart.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Jim, I think this PowerPoint format is terrific; a great way to get across the salient information succinctly and engagingly. I loved your JFK's Foreign Policy one, and this one is equally good.

Congratulations.
We know the Dallas Police were in on it and probably knew Oswald was a spook. So Baker's omission of Oswald from his first report is not too suspicious seeing how they could have realized Oswald's being in the lunchroom worked against the plot.
Mary Constantine Wrote:Jim, I think this PowerPoint format is terrific; a great way to get across the salient information succinctly and engagingly. I loved your JFK's Foreign Policy one, and this one is equally good.

Congratulations.

Thanks so much Mary.
Drew:

Frazier is not near 6' 3".

I have seen him twice in the last year. He is kind of average in height. Like maybe 5' 11".

Sean Murphy explained this difference, because it would make Prayer Man a midget. If I recall, Frazier is standing on something elevated. A stair or ledge.

I am not sure its Oswald either. But Sean makes a fairly good case it is. I really wish he would write an essay on all his work on this issue.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:If I recall, Frazier is standing on something elevated. A stair or ledge.

I am not sure its Oswald either. But Sean makes a fairly good case it is. I really wish he would write an essay on all his work on this issue.

I think Frazier is on the same upper landing as Prayer Man. Now that I look at the blow-up it does look like Prayer Man could possibly be a woman. The hips are wide and the clothing appears like it could be dress-like and uniform from top to bottom. As usual the picture is too blurry to tell. There are male qualities too like the forearm. However I refuse to relinquish common sense. There's simply no way that many people would have missed Oswald standing right there in front of them and said nothing.

If you are going to quote Baker do so fully and include where he says the man walking away from the stairway had a brown jacket. I think there's a strong possibility Baker saw both Oswalds in the Depository and put his statement on hold until instructed what to do.
Albert, I don't at all think that is a woman, just look at the way the guy is dressed.

Second, unless you are saying Baker was a part of the plot, the guy he encountered could not have been Oswald. For three reasons:

1.) The description is wrong.

2.) We know Oswald was on the lower floor.

3.) When Baker wrote the affidavit, he was sitting in a small room right across from Oswald. In other words he was staring right at him. And he still did not recognize him.

That night, the DPD began changing the affidavit, without Baker. They now stated that, lo and behold, Baker now identified Oswald in the room. Not even the WC bought that one.

In my view, and at one time Sean's, is :the guy on the stairs was a member of the hit team. He may be he guy Worrell saw running out the back of the building.

Baker's affidavit was devastating to the official story. They had to dump it ASAP.

I am still not sold on Prayer Man as Oswald. It may be him, it may not be.

But if you read Sean's work on the soda machine encounter, he just about puts the kabosh on that. I did some of this in Reclaiming Parkland. But he took it way past me. Its very important work in my view.
The context I meant it in is - Before, I said Prayer Man couldn't be a woman because of the receded hairline. Now that I look at that better blow-up the hips appear like they could be wide enough to be a woman's. Also a dress would be uniform from top to bottom like you see. However so would matching dark trousers and a shirt. Plus the forearm strikes me as being like a man's.

I personally discount it being Oswald because common sense shows you in that picture that at least a dozen people were either walking directly towards Prayer Man or looking at him. Not one of those people leaked out information that they saw Oswald in the doorway. This is impossible considering the significance of seeing Oswald standing in the portal during the shooting. What clinches it for me is at this juncture Oswald would had to have walked back in to the Depository through the front door where he would have mingled shoulder to shoulder with many people. There's no way he would have escaped detection at that point. Come on, this is like JVB stuff. Oswald standing right in the doorway during the assassination and not being seen just doesn't wash.

The description of the 4th floor man is similar to the original APB for Oswald. I'm not saying it was Oswald. I'm saying it was possibly one of his CIA doubles.

I forget where I read it, but I read somewhere that DPD once had an encounter with Oswald where they recorded he was a spook. Therefore the absence of his entry on to Baker's statement isn't really too different from the absence of any recorded statements from Oswald at the Dallas Police station. You can't say with certainty Baker didn't recognize Oswald at the police station. Maybe the problem was he, or other Dallas police, recognized Oswald too clearly and decided to keep him off the record until they could clear exposing a known spook with higher authorities. Before you react to this as being too crazy remember the Dallas police were very networked with Ruby through the Carousel. It is very possible Oswald's status was well known to certain Dallas police. Jim, why would Baker's collusion be any different than those other Dallas police who colluded with Ruby's assassination of Oswald? Or Ruby's attendance at the press conference? Come on, they knew who he was. They probably knew who Oswald was as well. The conspiracy is much worse than people imagine. Like you said in your own showcase, they didn't go far enough at the time because they had no idea of the extent of the corruption.

Remember, Frazier allegedly saw one Oswald strolling down Houston Street from the rear of the Depository. And Roger Craig saw another getting in to a station wagon. So why would Truly tell Baker that 4th floor man was OK and an employee? I mean maybe it wasn't an Oswald look-alike, but it still stinks to high heaven and doesn't exclude Oswald being in the lunchroom. Remember, Carolyn Arnold did see Oswald in the lunchroom - probably at 12:25 like she later admitted. This makes sense because why control the assassination to the degree we know it was controlled and then leave Oswald to wander out to the front steps to exonerate himself? I believe Oswald could have been told to lay low and not show his mug because he might be identified which could then lead to whatever operation he was convinced he was doing being compromised. We know this fits Oswald's modus operandi because he was a good operative who always maintained cover, even up to the end. Oswald, a known defector and agent provocateur, would not want to be seen and photographed during a highly secure presidential motorcade, so his hiding in the lunchroom is very plausible.

Jim, the reason the WC didn't buy Oswald in the lunchroom is because it exonerated him.

All Dallas police were part of the plot whether they liked it or not. And Roger Craig showed what happened if you didn't like it. Baker, on the other hand, died of old age.

I'm inclined to believe that "Prayer Man" might in fact be the lady visible in the Hughes film standing in the TSBD doorway (behind a police officer). She is shorter than most of the people around her, she is wearing a coat of solid dark color, and she has a scarf in her hair keeping the hair well back from her face. Plus she has her hands folded in front of her, similar to the observable features of "Prayer Man." Jim, if you know Frazier, why not just ask him who it is. Frazier is looking directly at "Prayer Man."

There aren't any unaccounted-for stairs or ledges in the middle of that landing for Frazier to stand on, or for "Prayer Man" to sit on, unless it was furniture brought from inside the building, and surely Frazier or someone would recall that.

I'll post 2 shots of the empty landing tomorrow (from my other computer).
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Witnesses who were never called before the Warren Commission Gil Jesus 2 1,790 02-04-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  The Mystery Of Allen Dulles' Appointment To The Warren Commission James Lewis 3 3,422 09-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: James Lewis
  The Warren Commission and Mexico City Jim DiEugenio 0 2,945 27-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Former Warren Commission counsel Sam Stern Scott Kaiser 2 3,249 02-03-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Gibson's Milestone Article on the Creation of the Warren Commission Jim DiEugenio 4 4,314 02-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Warren Hinckle and the Glory that was Ramparts Jim DiEugenio 30 12,946 18-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Dick Cheney and Gerald Ford removed assassination plots from the Rockefeller Commission Report Anthony Thorne 5 4,759 02-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Warren Commission Executive Session of 22 Jan 1964 Alan Ford 38 20,637 24-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Bill Simpich: How the Warren Commission Covered Up JFK's Murder Alan Dale 28 14,846 10-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Why do good people become silent, or worse? Tracy Riddle 4 3,837 04-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle