Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burroughs Saw Two Oswalds Arrested at Texas Theater
In his wonderful book JFK and the Unspeakable, author James Douglass describes a 2007 interview he conducted with Butch Burroughs. Here are the pertinent excerpts from the book:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6883&stc=1]

And here is the footnote from the book describing the details of the interview (See note 444):

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6884&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   Douglass Copy.jpg (Size: 124.99 KB / Downloads: 61)
.jpg   Douglass_Note.jpg (Size: 128.4 KB / Downloads: 61)
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996
I remember when I first read this magnificent book how a lot backed up John's book. JFKU is the one book I beg everyone to read. Harvey and Lee is for the more advanced reader. And can be very dry reading as John was really just laying out the facts, the massive evidence, without trying to write like a story teller. The evidence IS the story.

Dawn
I can't believe that didn't stick in my head!

Haire has corroboration... Westbrook and Barrett I think were the men at the back door alley...

nice job
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
John believes Westbrook was involved in both arrests, and, as you say, was at the back alley entrance of the theater. What makes you suspect Barrett was there?
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996
I tried to scan the pages at the top of this thread from my own copy of JFKU, but the results weren't great and so I ended up taking the scans from the Google Book Project. I'm sure the tech giant's attorneys have the Fair Use copyright laws all figured out, and so the pages reproduced here surely fall within generally accepted Fair Use terms.

If anyone reading this is active on other forums, it might be interesting to reproduce these jpegs there, and see who starts Burroughs-bashing. I've long thought that paid disinformationists simply won't be able to allow information about the Two Oswalds to spread unchallenged because it all simply smells like what it was: spycraft.
HarveyandLee.net

I would like to know exactly how the back-door Oswald was handled. Driven somewhere and allowed to escape I assume. This Oswald then became TF White's Oswald sitting in Carl Mather's car. And later, Sgt Vinson's covert air evacuation Oswald.

This back-door Oswald is analog for total police corruption in the Dallas Police department that can then be transferred to the basement job on the front-door Oswald.
Albert Doyle Wrote:I would like to know exactly how the back-door Oswald was handled. Driven somewhere and allowed to escape I assume. This Oswald then became TF White's Oswald sitting in Carl Mather's car. And later, Sgt Vinson's covert air evacuation Oswald.

This back-door Oswald is analog for total police corruption in the Dallas Police department that can then be transferred to the basement job on the front-door Oswald.

That is John's view, that he walked away. John believed he is Donald Norton but needs more proof. I no longer remember the details of the story, and there is someone at the Ed forum, Kathleen Collins I believe, who has a lot more info on this.
Douglass covers the Sgt. Vinson and "Oswald" episode very well also. I really need to read that book again.
Jim Hargrove Wrote:John believes Westbrook was involved in both arrests, and, as you say, was at the back alley entrance of the theater. What makes you suspect Barrett was there?

I knew I was close... Baggett not Barrett... lol.
And Stringer and Westbrook

Paragraph 3 in the Westbrook report... seems that Hutson, Hawkins, Stringer and Baggett all rode together to the rear of the theater...
While Westbrook and Barrett and ?? arrive together

Hawkins http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/06/0659-001.gif
Hutson http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/06/0669-001.gif
Stringer http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/06/0687-001.gif "Capt Talbat and some more officers were questioning a boy in the alley" Brewer? Didn't he say they pulled him out of the theater and started to question him?

All the Oswald arrest reports are in Box 2 Folder 7 ata the Dallas Archives.
[TABLE="width: 479"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 34, bgcolor: transparent"]BOX
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 61, bgcolor: transparent"]FOLDER
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 39, bgcolor: transparent"]ITEM
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 190, bgcolor: transparent"]DOC_TYPE
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 139, bgcolor: transparent"]DOC_DATE
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 175, bgcolor: transparent"]PRIMAUTH
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]02
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]07
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]012
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Report to Chief J. E. Curry
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]12/04/63
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Bob K. Carroll
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]047
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]12/02/63
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Charles T. Walker
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]035
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]12/03/63
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]E. E. Taylor
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]015
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]E. L. Cunningham
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]001
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]E. R. Baggett
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]022
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]12/05/63
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Gerald L. Hill
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]039
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]H. H. Stringer
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]043
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]J. B. Toney
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]028
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]12/04/63
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]K. E. Lyon
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]032
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]M. M. McDonald
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]008
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Marvin A. Buhk
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]004
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]P. L. Bentley
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]018
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Ray Hawkins
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]025
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]T. A. Hutson
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]050
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]W. R. Westbrook
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The following is 1) Baggett, 2) Westbrook - who says he went to the alley with BARRETT as I had thought. and 3) Stringer

Seems it was Baggett,

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6885&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6886&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6887&stc=1]

Attached Files
.gif   Baggett in Alley behind theater 0632-001.gif (Size: 32.15 KB / Downloads: 45)
.gif   W. R. Westbrook. Report concerning the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald 0705-001.gif (Size: 47.51 KB / Downloads: 46)
.gif   H. H. Stringer. Report concerning the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald 0687-001.gif (Size: 53.64 KB / Downloads: 46)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
Albert Doyle Wrote:I would like to know exactly how the back-door Oswald was handled. Driven somewhere and allowed to escape I assume. This Oswald then became TF White's Oswald sitting in Carl Mather's car. And later, Sgt Vinson's covert air evacuation Oswald.

Absolutely!!! It's too bad more of these witnesses didn't describe more of this Oswald's clothing, or at least his shirt color. Unless he changed clothes, a white-shirted Oswald would match numerous accounts from earlier in the day.

Albert Doyle Wrote:This back-door Oswald is analog for total police corruption in the Dallas Police department that can then be transferred to the basement job on the front-door Oswald.

There is little doubt some systemic corruption occurs in most big city police departments. If police think a suspect they've nabbed might get away with a crime because a "liberal judge" or an "ignorant jury" might let a technicality, say, no search warrant, lead to dismissal, I think a huge percentage of police will turn a blind eye to such "minor technicalities." Some of that was undoubtedly going on in this case.

But beyond this kind of normal corruption, I'm betting only a few Dallas cops were involved. Westbrook, Croy, and Roscoe White certainly come to mind.
HarveyandLee.net

Dawn Meredith Wrote:That is John's view, that he walked away. John believed he is Donald Norton but needs more proof. I no longer remember the details of the story, and there is someone at the Ed forum, Kathleen Collins I believe, who has a lot more info on this.

The trouble is, the photos that John himself collected of Donald Norton sure don't look much like Classic Oswald.

Dawn Meredith Wrote:Douglass covers the Sgt. Vinson and "Oswald" episode very well also. I really need to read that book again.

I'm trying to get John to read JFKU, but so far I don't think he has. I sent him the excerpt of Mr. Douglass's interview with Burroughs.
HarveyandLee.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oswald and woman at the theater Richard Coleman 3 2,577 30-06-2021, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Richard Bartholomew's THE DEEP STATE IN THE HEART OF TEXAS Anthony Thorne 15 36,326 10-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  is MARINA, MARINA? The strange CIA backgrounds of the OSWALDS - & the WCR David Josephs 1 2,570 13-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  State of Texas vs Lee Harvey Oswald: Autopsy x rays Jim DiEugenio 40 43,090 07-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Two marguerite oswalds -- new details Jim Hargrove 5 5,757 05-04-2017, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Joan Mellen's FAUSTIAN BARGAINS: LYNDON JOHNSON AND MAC WALLACE IN THE ROBBER BARON CULTURE OF TEXAS Anthony Thorne 19 8,905 03-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Robert McNeil vs. Pearce Allman: One of them is lying, or there really were two Oswalds Drew Phipps 37 14,756 26-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Why were CIA and KGB so nice to the Oswalds? Jim Hargrove 6 5,669 24-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Secret Service Officer Arrested For Burglary With Handgun Richard Coleman 1 2,069 12-04-2015, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Frank Sturgis on Two Oswalds Jim Hargrove 69 21,051 11-11-2014, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Casey McClelland