Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger Feinman on CBS's cover up of the JFK case
I think this following script for Roger's documentary film is probably the best look at what the media did to cover up the true facts of the JFK case for the public in 1967.

Recall, in that horrible summer of media disguise, two programs were produced to stop any public outcry over the WC cover up. One was at NBC where the Sarnoffs allowed Walter Sheridan and the CIA to do a hatchet job on Jim Garrison.

The other was a four night special at CBS where Paley, Stanton, and Salant all combined to reverse a pitch by Gordon Manning and Les Midgley to hold a debate about the WC, presenting both sides equally. Manning and Midgely were both employees of CBS. That is what is important about this. But they wanted to do a fair presentation to present to the public. As one can see here, once that proposal got to Salant, it was short circuited. Not just by him, but by two west coast attorneys,including the Dean of the Stanford Law School, and a secret committee at CBS that was created in the wake of the career of Ed Murrow.

Manning threw in the towel first, and later Midgley did also. Objectivity was now jettisoned. Some of the consultants on the show were John Lattimer, Jerry Hill, and John McCloy. And Salant and CBS lied about the last.

In 1975, when CBS and Dan Rather did it again, Roger Feinman--a CBS employee at the time-- protested to Standards and Practices. When he would not stop, they terminated him. But since he was a union member, he had some rights to discovery. And he smuggled out some bombshell documents which he made his film with. He asked me to take down the film since he wanted to revise it. I did, but he passed away before he could complete the job.

So I present his masterly script, which takes us behind the scenes at CBS where they decided to cover up and lie about the JFK case for their friends in high places. IMO, this is the best work ever on the subject.

http://ctka.net/Feinman%20CBS-ABC%20cove...%202-3.pdf
What a read !! Thanks, Jim. Would all 'podcasters' do the same with their 'shows' (wink-wink). +
The 1975 CBS "specials" are apparently not online, but the transcripts are here:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%...m%2001.pdf
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%...m%2002.pdf

Would you believe there is no Wikipedia entry on Roger Feinman? They manage to find room for thousands of pages of trivia about all kinds of nonsense.
See, this so important. But for some reason, Roger did not want to let the information out for many years after he was terminated.

In fact, he delayed so long that Sylvia Meagher got really pissed off at him and it hurt their relationship.

Finally, Jerry Policoff went ahead and included the McCloy stuff in his 1992 article in The Village Voice.

But still, Roger did not disclose all the material he had until the early part of the new millennium.

Why he did that I really do not know. Because its the best piece of work I have even seen on how the media bowed to pressure to cover up the murder of President Kennedy. Talk about naming names.
Some lowlights:

BOTH HUDDLESON AND MANNING TELL THE CBS EXECUTIVES THEY ARE AGAINST CBS UNDERTAKING A MAJOR REVIEW OF THE WARREN REPORT. THEY CITE "THE NATIONAL INTEREST"AND "POLITICAL IMPLICATIONS" AS PART OF THEIR REASONING.

One of the reasons the corporate media avoided criticizing the Vietnam war for so long.

MCCLOY CHASTISES MIDGLEY FOR ACCEPTING A CRITIQUE BY EDWARD JAY EPSTEIN. AND HE ADDS, "THE CHIEF EVIDENCE THAT OSWALD ACTED ALONE AND SHOT ALONE IS NOT TO BE FOUND IN THE BALLISTICS AND PATHOLOGY OF THE ASSASSINATION, BUT IN THE FACT OF HIS LONER LIFE."

Except for the wife and kids, of course.
I don't think I've ever heard of this, or at least I don't remember it.

THEN THEY HIRED ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS SHARPSHOOTERS OF THE DAY, RETIRED ARMY COLONEL EDWARD B.CROSSMAN. CROSSMAN WAS THE AUTHOR OF MANY BOOKS AND MAGAZINE ARTICLES FOR GUN ENTHUSIASTS, WRITING UNDER THE PEN NAME"COLONEL JIM CROSSMAN."

CBS ALLOWED CROSSMAN A FULL WEEK TO FAMILIARIZE HIMSELF WITH ITS COPY OF THE MANNLICHER-CARCANO. THEN, AT THE END OF JANUARY 1967, THEY GAVE HIM SIX CHANCES TO DUPLICATE OSWALD'S ALLEGED FEAT. THIS MEMO REPORTED THE RESULTS.

CROSSMAN FAILED TO BREAK SIX-AND-ONE QUARTER SECONDS. HE SCORED TWO OUT OF THREE HITS IN ONLY ONE-HALF OF HIS ATTEMPTS.THE MEMO DESCRIBES CROSSMAN'S DIFFICULTY WITH THE STICKY BOLT ACTION OF THE RIFLE. CROSSMAN ALSO HAD TO COMPENSATE FOR A FAULTY SCOPE. (THE FBI HAD FOUND IT NECESSARY TO ALTER THE MOUNTING OF THE SCOPE ON THE ALLEGED ASSASSINATION WEAPON.)

DAN RATHER INTERVIEWED CROSSMAN ON FILM IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE TEST. CROSSMAN DESCRIBED THE RIFLE AS "NOT VERY ACCURATE." HITTING THE TARGET WITH TWO OUT OF THREE SHOTS, HE SAID, WOULD REQUIRE A LARGE ELEMENT OF LUCK. CBS COMPLETELY DISCARDED THE CROSSMAN TEST AND HIS INTERVIEW, AND MADE NO MENTION OF THEM ON THE AIR.
I don't think I ever saw that before either.

The stuff Roger got out of CBS is really incredible.

Tonight on BOR I will be reading a large part of this manusctipt.
"Mortal Error" was Harold Donaghue's account of that same rifle test (mentioned in that script posted above - he was the only shooter in the CBS test that could apparently duplicate the shooting feat required by the Warren Commission), and his two decade journey from there, to his expert ballistic and forensic conclusion that the head shot, at least, could not have originated from either a MC 91/38 or from the sniper's nest area.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
See, with this kind of cheating on these tests, and without anyone telling us about it, its very hard to trust any of the results as uttered on the air.

But the set up for the test was always ersatz anyway.

I mean a sled?

Why did they not try to duplicate the actual conditions? That is a city street, from a six story building.
Not to mention the peculiar twists and turns on Elm St. Those CBS tests have been consistently misrepresented in every lone-nutter book I've read. They are always used to prove how it was highly possible for Oswald to do the shooting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 261 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 297 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 331 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
  Roger Odisio Plants Credibility Time Bomb At Heart Of CT Research Brian Doyle 6 819 14-08-2023, 02:23 PM
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 370 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Was the TFX Case a Scandal? Jim DiEugenio 0 2,103 04-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Uses of Public Relations in the JFK case Jim DiEugenio 0 1,733 11-01-2020, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Finally: the Hammarskjold case is Moving Jim DiEugenio 14 15,296 04-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Tippit Case in the New Millenium Jim DiEugenio 192 192,756 23-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  CBS and their 1964 Cover UP Jim DiEugenio 3 3,245 28-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford