Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Moore's Where to Invade Next
It was just wonderful. See this movie ASAP!
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Lauren Johnson Wrote:It was just wonderful. See this movie ASAP!

Good enough recommendation for me...
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Well, I'm watching it now and laughing my head off. You're right Lauren, even this early on it is wonderful.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
As Moore says when closing, the "American dream" is alive and well - just not in America. A very telling documentary which, in parts is beautiful.
David Guyatt Wrote:As Moore says when closing, the "American dream" is alive and well - just not in America. A very telling documentary which, in parts is beautiful.

The dark side is that the American Dream is under attack in Europe. This movie got me thinking about why European countries are being targeted to become fascist havens again. Flooding Europe with refugees is a brilliant ploy. :Sad:
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Can't wait to see it. I love his films. Such a change from the usual.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
David Guyatt Wrote:As Moore says when closing, the "American dream" is alive and well - just not in America. A very telling documentary which, in parts is beautiful.

The dark side is that the American Dream is under attack in Europe. This movie got me thinking about why European countries are being targeted to become fascist havens again. Flooding Europe with refugees is a brilliant ploy. :Sad:

Friends and enemies alike have to be shown that no one can thwart America. What it says IS the law.
David Guyatt Wrote:
Lauren Johnson Wrote:

Friends and enemies alike have to be shown that no one can thwart America. What it says IS the law.

Maybe someone should compare & contrast what the Pentagon/State Dept said about the Kunduz hospital attack, with the Aleppo hospital attack.
Maybe it goes: >shoulder shrug< "Ooops, we goofed a bit"; & "Jeezuz f'king christians! - what are you - maniacs?! - you just commited a warcrime".
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tory hypocrite of the day - Michael Gove. Magda Hassan 0 2,634 27-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Capitalism: A Love Story - Michael Moore's solution: bring back Unions Myra Bronstein 3 5,315 04-12-2009, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan