Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Not? If Tony Blair can be the Grand European Poo Bah
:hahaha:
:dancing2:
:afraid:

By Gregory Levey
On Sunday, George Mitchell, President Obama's Middle East envoy, arrived in Israel to confer with its leaders. Also visiting this week are Defense Secretary Robert Gates, national-security adviser James Jones, and Gulf States envoy Dennis Ross. It's a full-court press on the Israelis, and the American wish list is long. They want Israel to stop expanding settlements; to stop building Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem; and for hawks in the government to chill out while the U.S. is negotiating with Iran. And yet, odds are, they'll come back to Washington empty-handed, for reasons having to do as much with atmospherics as policy: Team Obama just doesn't have Israel's full trust.
But there is someone who does—someone who could use a job, someone who argued straightforwardly for a Palestinian state, and yet someone who has the implicit admiration and regard of Israel. President Obama needs a new envoy to the region who can get results—and George W. Bush is his man.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/209174/page/1
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda

I was just not expecting the punch line - honest! - sprayed coffee all over my keyboard and simply burst out laughing.

Just when you think things can't get more surreal - They DO. :rofl:
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
:pcguru:

Yep. And from such a 'respectable' main stream magazine too!

I did think about putting a warning at the beginning of the article for just that very event but I forgot :coffee:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Quote:Gregory Levey (born ca. 1978) is a writer living in Toronto, Canada.

He served as a speechwriter for the Israeli government, first for the Permanent Mission of Israel to the United Nations in New York,[1] and then, in Israel, in the offices of Prime Ministers Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert as Senior Foreign Communications Coordinator and English Speechwriter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Levey

Remember folks, MSM is all about objectivity and impartiality.... :bandit:
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Tony Abbot fall on his sword for knighting Prince Philip David Guyatt 4 4,135 07-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  What nation state is Blair working for? David Guyatt 1 3,010 19-01-2015, 01:46 PM
  Blair awarded Children In Need "global legacy award" - management and staff furious David Guyatt 6 4,536 26-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The Rise of the European Right David Guyatt 0 2,688 20-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Evo Morales speech to the European Community Heads of State meeting. Magda Hassan 4 5,650 08-08-2013, 12:44 AM
  Kuwaiti official tasered after urinating on Tony Blair's doorstep Magda Hassan 1 2,695 29-12-2012, 04:03 PM
  Grand Delusion: Resisting the Siren Song of Specialness Ed Jewett 0 2,293 15-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Tony Blair webmailserver hacked. Magda Hassan 1 3,573 25-06-2011, 04:11 AM