Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triple agent Oswald Herbert Philbrick
Triple agent Oswald Herbert Philbrick, a Boston advertising executive who infiltrated the U.S. Communist Party on behalf of the FBI in the 1940s, wrote a bestselling book on the life of a double agent, "I Led Three Lives: Citizen, 'Communist', Counterspy" (1952). "I Led Three Lives" was an American television show which was syndicated by Ziv Television Programs from 1953 to 1956 and lasted 117 episodes. The part of Philbrick was played by Richard Carlson. According to Judyth Vary Baker, Lee Harvey Oswald's girlfriend in New Orleans, "I Led Three Lives" was Oswald's favorite TV show. This particular film was produced before the Bay of Pigs fiasco which Oswald was believed by some to have participated in with David Ferrie, his instructor in the Lousiana Civil Air Patrol. Conspiracy theorists believe that Oswald was the "lone nut assassin" who killed JFK. To maintain this farce requires ignoring his family's long involvement with organized crime in New Orleans, his personal involvement with New Orleans-based anti-communists, and his strange status as a US Marine who "defected" to the Soviet Union and was permitted back in the US with the financial support of the US State Department. In the midst of all this, Oswald posed dramatically, though unconvincingly, as a Castro sympathizer. "I Led Three Lives" indeed...

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/555.html
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
To my knowledge, neither the historical nor the dramatic Herbert Philbrick had the first name "Oswald." I'm most interested to learn where you found this, Magda.

Philbrick's middle name was Arthur.

The claim that the historic LHO was a fan of the Philbrick-based television program is well-entrenched (first promulgated, actually, by Lee's brother Robert; listen to those warning bells -- the shows theme played on a carillon!) and, whether literally true or not, should be appreciated as a significant element in the Oswald legend.

Perhaps my own take on the best-known LHO alias fits into this discussion.

"Hidell" is someone's preferred method to "hide" "l(ee)" and "l(ee)".
I think it may be Brasschecks little joke about the 3 lives of LHO and the Philbrik programme being his favorite show, possibly something he tried to re-enact.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Actually, I think it may be my cutting and pasting. I went back to check the Brass Check post and they don't have it there but it looks like I collected the 'Herbert Philbrick' When I was copying the title which is 'Triple Agent Oswald' and is followed by on a separate line 'Herbert Philbrick' Sorry for the confusion.

I am quite amazed at the style of the programme. I have never seen any of them before. It is so obviously propaganda I would not be at all surprised to find J. Edgar Hoover behind the camera. It makes Dragnet look like an Ingmar Bergman production. How can that man stand there saying all that crap and keep a straight face?

Thanks, Magda.

I asked the question because, as you likely know, the name "Oswald" has been used by conspirators for the purposes of creation of cognitive dissonance among investigators and the public, and of sending a not-so-subtle message to all in the know, in at least two post-JFK assassination intel ops: the alleged planned-but-thwarted attack on then-President Jimmy Carter and the assassination of Princess Diana.
Yes, Charles. I do recall the one about the 2 men who were going to kill President Carter. Do you, or any one else here, have a link to an article or document about that?

What is the Oswald story with Diana?

John Armstrong is the only researcher to track down the true
story about the I LED THREE LIVES nonsense. Read it.

Jack
Magda Hassan Wrote:Yes, Charles. I do recall the one about the 2 men who were going to kill President Carter. Do you, or any one else here, have a link to an article or document about that?

What is the Oswald story with Diana?

The doppelganger subplot permeates 20th century intel ops. And a certain fictive construct named "Lee Harvey Oswald" is cast in too many of these roles.

ITEM -- While in California in 1977 to speak at a Cinco de Mayo celebration in the Los Angeles Civic Center Mall, President Jimmy Carter allegedly was the target of an assassination plot.

Print media at the time reported the arrest of a "transient" -- an Anglo in his mid-thirties -- who was charged with conspiring to kill the president.

Shortly thereafter, a Hispanic was taken into custody and similarly charged.

Both suspects claimed that they had been hired by Mexican hit men who paid them to fire blanks from pistols to divert Carter's bodyguards while they (the aforementioned Mexicans) used rifles to assassinate the president.

The details of this event are, for the most part, not relevant to this thread.

But the names of the arrested suspects are quite relevant.

The Hispanic was Osvaldo Ortiz.

The Anglo was Raymond Lee Harvey.

Today the public record provides no traces of these men or the dispostions of their cases.

ITEM -- On August 30, 2000 CNN aired a statement by Mohammed al Fayed, father of Dodi al Fayed, Princess Diana's lover who perished with her and Henri Paul in the "auto accident" in Paris.

In that statement, al Fayed referenced, " ... individuals who attempted to take advantage of Princess Diana's death and my grief by extorting $20 million from me by offering for sale alleged CIA documents describing MI6 involvement in the assassination of my son and Princess Diana."

As al Fayed elaborated, "One of the men was prosecuted immediately by the Austrian government and is now serving a sentence of imprisonment in Vienna for his part in the scheme."

The name of this mysterious agent?

Oswald LeWinter.

Which is a double hit, of course. We've got LHO again. And we're tantalized by reference to Lady de Winter - the Cardinalist double agent who, in Dumas' The Three Musketeers, woos D'Artagnan to the point of obsession (mind control, anyone?) only to betray him.

Which brings to mind another ... curiosity. Since John Wilkes Booth, most of America's political assassins (successful or otherwise) have come to be known by their tripartite names: Charles Julius Guiteau, John Flammang Schrank, Giuseppe "Joseph" Zangara, Thomas Arthur Vallee, Lee Harvey Oswald, James Earl Ray, Sirhan Bishara Sirhan, Sara Jane Moore, Mark David Chapman, and, if you'll permit the stretch, John Hinckley, Jr. (middle name -- Warnock -- not commonly referenced).

Leon Czolgosz -- well, that's already a mouthful.

Going a bit far afield, we meet Mehmet Ali Agca in Vatican City.

I mention this in passing.

Charles Robert Drago (oh dear ... )
I can see the boys from SIS sniggering at Le Winter's conning Al-Fayed out of $20 mil for his fake paperwork. Rubbing salt in the wound of a "wog" who thought he was good enough to have his son marry a royal castoff.

Wasn't Le Winter involved in the October Surprise?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Throw another wog on the fire.

Yes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 252 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 294 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 324 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
  Thomas Kelley reports Oswald said he did not view parade Richard Gilbride 1 345 26-09-2023, 04:31 PM
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 366 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
  The REAL reason Oswald went to Irving on 11.21.63 Gil Jesus 1 455 15-06-2023, 03:46 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 595 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 437 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
  Oswald and the Shot at Walker Jim DiEugenio 1 545 24-03-2023, 04:35 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 478 15-03-2023, 11:34 AM