Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel, Iran, US, NATO, Russia - Nuclear War? Is Washington Deaf As Well as Criminal?
Is Washington Deaf As Well as Criminal?
By Paul Craig Roberts

August 16, 2012 "Information Clearing House" The morons who rule the american sheeple are not only dumb and blind, they are deaf as well. The ears of the american "superpower" only work when the Israeli prime minister, the crazed Netanyahu, speaks. Then Washington hears everything and rushes to comply.

Israel is a tiny insignificant state, created by the careless British and the stupid americans. It has no power except what its american protector provides. Yet, despite Israel's insignificance, it rules Washington.

When a resolution introduced by the Israel Lobby is delivered to Congress, it passes unanimously. If Israel wants war, Israel gets its wish. When Israel commits war crimes against Palestinians and Lebanon and is damned by the hundred plus UN resolutions passed against Israel's criminal actions, the US bails Israel out of trouble with its veto.

The power that tiny Israel exercises over the "worlds's only superpower" is unique in history. Tens of millions of "christians" bow down to this power, reinforcing it, moved by the exhortations of their "christian" ministers.

Netanyahu lusts for war against Iran. He strikes out against all who oppose his war lust. Recently, he called Israel's top generals "pussies" for warning against a war with Iran. He regards former Israeli prime ministers and former heads of the Israeli intelligence service as traitors for opposing his determination to attack Iran. He has denounced america's servile president Obama and america's top military leader for being "soft on Iran." The latest poll in Israel shows that a solid majority of the Israelis are opposed to an Israeli attack on Iran. But Netanyahu is uninterested in the opinion of Israeli citizens. He has Washington watching his back, so he is war mad. It is a mystery why Israelis put Netanyahu in public office instead of in an insane asylum.

Netanyahu is not alone. He has the american neoconservatives in his corner. The american neoconservatives are as crazed as Netanyahu. They believe in nuclear war and are itching to nuke some Muslim country and then get on to nuking Russia and China. It is amazing that no more than two or three dozen people have the fate of the entire world in their hands.
(Emphasis mine - AE)

The Democratic Party is helpless before them.

The Republican Party is their vehicle.

The Russians, watching Netanyahu push Washington toward dangerous confrontations keep raising their voices about the danger of nuclear war.

On May 17 Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev warned the West against launching "hasty wars," which could result "although I do not want to scare anyone" in "the use of a nuclear weapon."

On November 30 of last year the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Russia warned of nuclear war with NATO. General Nikolai Makarov said that NATO's eastward expansion meant that the risk of Russia coming into conflict with NATO had "risen sharply." General Makarov said, "I do not rule out local and regional armed conflicts developing into a large-scale war, including using nuclear weapons."

Here is Russian president Medvedev (currently the prime minister) describing the steps toward nuclear war that Russia has taken pushed by the crazed warmongers in Washington wallowing in their insane hubris:

With regard to the american missile bases on Russia's borders, "I have made the following decisions. First, I am instructing the Defense Ministry to immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert. Second, protective cover of Russia's strategic nuclear weapons will be reinforced as a priority measure under the program to develop our air and space defenses. Third, the new strategic ballistic missiles commissioned by the Strategic Missile Forces and the Navy will be equipped with advanced missile defense penetration systems and new highly-effective warheads. Fourth, I have instructed the Armed Forces to draw up measures for disabling missile defense system data and guidance systems. These measures will be adequate, effective, and low-cost. Fifth, if the above measures prove insufficient, the Russian Federation will deploy modern offensive weapon systems in the west and south of the country, ensuring our ability to take out any part of the US missile defense system in Europe. One step in this process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region. Other measures to counter the European missile defense system will be drawn up and implemented as necessary. Furthermore, if the situation continues to develop not to Russia's favor, we reserve the right to discontinue further disarmament and arms control measures."

Russian president Vladimir Putin has said, as politely as possible, that the US seeks to enslave the world, that the US seeks vassals, not allies, that the US seeks to rule the world and that the US is a parasite on the world economy. It would be difficult for an informed person to take exception with Putin's statements.

Putin told the politicians in Washington and Western and Eastern European capitals that surrounding Russia with anti-ballistic missiles "raises the specter of nuclear war in Europe." Putin said that the Russian response is to point nuclear armed cruise missiles, which cannot be intercepted by anti-ballistic missiles, at the US missile bases and at European capitals. The American move, Putin said, "could trigger nuclear war."

Putin has been trying to wake up the american puppet states in Europe at least since February 13, 2007. At the 43rd Munich Conference on Security Policy, Putin said that the unipolar world that Washington was striving to achieve under its banner, "is a world in which there is one master, one sovereign. And at the end of the day this is pernicious not only for all those within this system, but also for the sovereign itself because it destroys itself from within."

That has certainly happened to the US which now has a police state as thorough-going as Nazi Germany. And even better armed: http://rt.com/usa/news/dhs-ammo-rounds-s...560/print/

Putin went on to tell his European audience that in Russia, "we are constantly being taught about democracy. But for some reason those who teach us do not want to learn themselves." Instead, Putin said, "we are seeing a greater and greater disdain for the basis principles of international law. And independent legal norms are, as a matter of fact, coming increasingly closer to one state's legal system. One state and, of course, first and foremost the United States, has overstepped its national borders in every way. This is visible in the economic, political, cultural and educational policies it imposes on other nations. Well, Who likes this? Who is happy about this?"

People are not happy, Putin said, because they don't feel safe. Not to feel safe "is extremely dangerous. It results in the fact that no one feels safe. I want to emphasize thisno one feels safe!" The result, Putin said, is "an arms race."

Putin politely unbraided the Italian defense minister, a person owned by Washington, for suggesting that NATO or the EU could take the place of the UN in justifying the use of force against sovereign countries. Putin took exception to the idea that Washington could use its puppet organization or its puppet states to legitimize an act of US aggression. Putin stated flatly: "The use of force can only be considered legitimate if the decision is sanctioned by the UN."

Putin went on to discuss the forked tongue of Washington. Reagan and Gorbachev had firm agreements, but Reagan's successors put "frontline forces on our borders. . . . The stones and concrete blocks of the Berlin Wall have long been distributed as souvenirs. But we should not forget that the fall of the Berlin Wall was possible thanks to a historic choice one that was also made by our people, the people of Russia a choice in favor of democracy, freedom, openness and a sincere partnership with all the members of the big European family. And now they are trying to impose new dividing lines and walls on us these walls may be virtual but they are nevertheless dividing ones that cut through our continent. And is it possible that we will once again require many years and decades, as well as several generations of politicians, to dissemble and dismantle these new walls."

Putin's speech of more than 6 years ago shows that he has Washington's number. Washington is The Great Pretender, pretending to respect human rights while Washington slaughters Muslims in seven countries on the basis of lies and fabricated intelligence. The american people, "the indispensable people," support this murderous policy. Washington uses the status of the dollar as reserve currency to exclude countries that do not do Washington's bidding from the international clearing system.

Washington, awash in hubris like Napoleon and Hitler before they marched off into Russia, has turned a deaf, dumb, and blind ear to Putin during the entirety of the 21st century. Speaking on May 10, 2006, Putin said: "We are aware of what is gong on in the world. Comrade wolf [the US] knows whom to eat, he eats without listening, and he's clearly not going to listen to anyone."

"Where," Putin asked, is Washington's "pathos about protecting human rights and democracy when it comes to the need to pursue its own interests?" For Washington, "everything is allowed, there are no restrictions whatsoever."

China also has caught on. Now the hubris that drives Washington toward world hegemony confronts two massive nuclear powers. Will the criminal gang in Washington drive the world to nuclear extinction?

Washington, thinking that it owns the world, has imposed more unilateral sanctions on Iran without any basis in any recognized law. The imposed sanctions are nothing but Washington's assertion that its might is right.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said that Washington could stick its sanctions up its ass. "We consider efforts to impose internal American legislation on the entire world completely unacceptable."

Washington will do what it can to assassinate Putin and effect regime change through the Russian "opposition" that Washington funds. Failing that, Washington's pursuit of world hegemony has run up against a brick wall. If the fools in Washington with their hubris-inflated egos don't back off, that mushroom cloud they have been warning about will indeed blossom over Washington.

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns have attracted a worldwide following.

Adele
A cheery article, heh?! Duck and Cover! Then kiss your ass and loved ones goodbye. Putin is not the only one warning of the imminent dangers of nuclear confrontation if Iran is attacked. According to some, this could be only weeks off...and certainly penciled in for just after the American elections if not before.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter,

We just can't get rid of our neo-con war-mongers. Would the Israels, who do not want war with Iran, refuse to fight, do you think?

We might have to do it, but we cannot afford it with our massive national debt from previous wars.
I wonder it the American people are yet tired of war?

If Israel makes a first strike, would we not follow up? Or would we make the first strike?
Just before or just after the election would be a very critical time, before a new Congress is seated,
during the lame-duck period with all those Tea Party pro-war members still in power until January.

Well, Iran has good rich sources of oil... And, we'd have another foothold in the Middle East...

Now's the time for Obama to earn his Nobel Peace Prize.

Random thoughts flying through my mind.

Adele
In 2007, General Wesley Clark explains US War Plans in Middle East, predicting War With Iran, and World War III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkTwBEOtB8

Video: 5:23 minutes long

Adele
Netanyahu's Secret War Plan: Leaked Document Outlines Israel's "Shock and Awe" Plan to Attack Iran

by Richard Silverstein

Global Research, August 16, 2012
Tikun Olam-תיקון עולם - 2012-08-15

In the past few days, I received an Israeli briefing document outlining Israel's war plans against Iran. The document was passed to me by a high-level Israeli source who received it from an IDF officer. My source, in fact, wrote to me that normally he would not leak this sort of document, but:

"These are not normal times. I'm afraid Bibi and Barak are dead serious."

The reason they leaked it is to expose the arguments and plans advanced by the Bibi-Barak two-headed warrior. Neither the IDF leaker, my source, nor virtually any senior military or intelligence officer wants this war. While whoever wrote this briefing paper had use of IDF and intelligence data, I don't believe the IDF wrote it. It feels more likely it came from the shop of national security advisor Yaakov Amidror, a former general, settler true-believer and Bibi confidant. It could also have been produced by Defense Minister Barak, another pro-war booster.

I've translated the document from Hebrew with the help of Dena Shunra.

Before laying out the document, I wanted to place it in context. If you've been reading this blog you'll know that after Bibi's IDF service he became the marketing director for a furniture company. Recent revelations have suggested that he may have also served in some capacity either formally or informally in the Mossad during that period.

This document is a more sophisticated version of selling bedroom sets and three-piece sectionals. The only difference is that this marketing effort could lead to the death of thousands.

This is Bibi's sales pitch for war. Its purpose is to be used in meetings with members of the Shminiya , the eight-member security cabinet which currently finds a 4-3 majority opposed to an Iran strike. Bibi uses this sales pitch to persuade the recalcitrant ministers of the cool, clean, refreshing taste of war. My source informs me that it has also been shared in confidence with selected journalists who are in the trusted inner media circle (who, oh who, might they be?).

This is Shock and Awe, Israel-style. It is Bibi's effort to persuade high-level Israeli officials that Israel can prosecute a pure technology war that involves relatively few human beings (Israeli, that is) who may be put in harm's way, and will certainly cost few lives of IDF personnel.

Bibi's sleight of hand here involves no mention whatsoever of an Iranian counter-attack against Israel. The presumption must be that the bells and whistles of all those marvelous new weapons systems will decapitate Iran's war-making ability and render it paralyzed. The likelihood of this actually happening is nearly nil.

There will be those who will dispute the authenticity of this document. I'm convinced it is what my source claims, based on his prior track record and the level of specificity offered in the document. It references cities by name and the facilities they contain. It names new weapons systems including one Israel supposedly hasn't even shared with the U.S.

No, it's real. Or I should say that while it's real, it is the product of the Israeli dream factory which manufactures threats and then creates fabulist military strategies to address them. The dream factory always breaks the hearts of the families of those whose members fall victim to it. It never produces the result it promises, nor will it do so here.

Remember Bush-era Shock and Awe? Remember those promises of precision-guided cruise missiles raining death upon Saddam Hussein's Iraq? Remember Bush's "Mission Accomplished" ceremony on the deck of the USS Lincoln, only six or seven years premature? Remember the promises of decisive victory? Remember 4,000 U.S. dead, not to mention hundreds of thousands of Iraqis?

Now, think of what an Israeli war against Iran could turn into. Think about how this sanitized version of 21st century war could turn into a protracted, bloody conflict closer to the nine-year Iran-Iraq War:

The Israeli attack will open with a coordinated strike, including an unprecedented cyber-attack which will totally paralyze the Iranian regime and its ability to know what is happening within its borders. The internet, telephones, radio and television, communications satellites, and fiber optic cables leading to and from critical installationsincluding underground missile bases at Khorramabad and Isfahanwill be taken out of action. The electrical grid throughout Iran will be paralyzed and transformer stations will absorb severe damage from carbon fiber munitions which are finer than a human hair, causing electrical short circuits whose repair requires their complete removal. This would be a Sisyphean task in light of cluster munitions which would be dropped, some time-delayed and some remote-activated through the use of a satellite signal.

A barrage of tens of ballistic missiles would be launched from Israel toward Iran. 300km ballistic missiles would be launched from Israeli submarines in the vicinity of the Persian Gulf. The missiles would not be armed with unconventional warheads [WMD], but rather with high-explosive ordnance equipped with reinforced tips designed specially to penetrate hardened targets.

The missiles will strike their targetssome exploding above ground like those striking the nuclear reactor at Arakwhich is intended to produce plutonium and tritiumand the nearby heavy water production facility; the nuclear fuel production facilities at Isfahan and facilities for enriching uranium-hexaflouride. Others would explode under-ground, as at the Fordo facility.

A barrage of hundreds of cruise missiles will pound command and control systems, research and development facilities, and the residences of senior personnel in the nuclear and missile development apparatus. Intelligence gathered over years will be utilized to completely decapitate Iran's professional and command ranks in these fields.

After the first wave of attacks, which will be timed to the second, the "Blue and White" radar satellite, whose systems enable us to perform an evaluation of the level of damage done to the various targets, will pass over Iran. Only after rapidly decrypting the satellite's data, will the information be transferred directly to war planes making their way covertly toward Iran. These IAF planes will be armed with electronic warfare gear previously unknown to the wider public, not even revealed to our U.S. ally. This equipment will render Israeli aircraft invisible. Those Israeli war planes which participate in the attack will damage a short-list of targets which require further assault.

Among the targets approved for attackShihab 3 and Sejil ballistic missile silos, storage tanks for chemical components of rocket fuel, industrial facilities for producing missile control systems, centrifuge production plants and more.

While the level of specificity in this document is, in some senses, impressive, in one critical aspect it is deficient. Muhammad Sahimi points out that the current chief of the Revolutionary Guards, when he assumed his position in 2007, deliberately addressed the issue of over-centralization of command and control by dividing the nation into 31 districts. Each of these has its own independent command and control facilities and mechanisms. So Israel wouldn't be able to knock out a single facility and paralyze the IRG. They'd need to knock out 31 separate sets of facilitiesa much harder task.

There seems also to be an assumption that Iran's leaders and nuclear specialists live nice domestic lives and that Israeli intelligence knows where they all live and can easily target them. In truth, the most senior Iranian military and scientific figures live clandestine lives and it's hard for me to believe even the Mossad knows where they are and how to target them.

So it appears that Netanyahu believes he's fighting Saddam circa 2003. During that war, the Iraqi Revolutionary Guards were centralized and knocking out one C&C center could decapitate the entire military apparatus. But Iran has learned from Saddam's mistakes. It isn't fighting the last war as Bibi appears to be. It is preparing for the next one. While Israel may have new tricks up its sleeve that no one in the world has yet seen, if it doesn't understand the nature of the enemy, its defenses, its structure, etc. then it can't win.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Netanyahu determined to attack Iran' before US elections, claims Israel's Channel 10

TV reporter adds: I doubt Obama could say anything that would convince PM to delay a possible attack'

By Times of Israel

August 21, 2012 "Times of Israel" -- Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "is determined to attack Iran before the US elections," Israel's Channel 10 News claimed on Monday night, and Israel is now "closer than ever" to a strike designed to thwart Iran's nuclear drive.

The TV station's military reporter Alon Ben-David, who earlier this year was given extensive access to the Israel Air Force as it trained for a possible attack, reported that, since upgraded sanctions against Iran have failed to force a suspension of the Iranian nuclear program in the past two months, "from the prime minister's point of view, the time for action is getting ever closer."

Asked by the news anchor in the Hebrew-language TV report how close Israel now was to "a decision and perhaps an attack," Ben-David said: "It appears that we are closer than ever."

He said it seemed that Netanyahu was not waiting for a much-discussed possible meeting with US President Barack Obama, after the UN General Assembly gathering in New York late next month indeed, "it's not clear that there'll be a meeting." In any case, said Ben-David, "I doubt Obama could say anything that would convince Netanyahu to delay a possible attack."

The report added that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak believe Obama would have no choice but to give backing for an Israeli attack before the US presidential elections in November.

There is considerable opposition to an Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, the report noted with President Shimon Peres, the army's chief of the General Staff and top generals, the intelligence community, opposition leader Shaul Mofaz, "and of course the Americans" all lined up against Israeli action at this stage.

But, noted Ben-David, it is the Israeli government that would have to take the decision, and there Netanyahu is "almost guaranteed" a majority.

Other Hebrew media reports on Tuesday also said Netanyahu had despatched a senior official, National Security Adviser Yaakov Amidror, to update the elderly spiritual leader of the Shas ultra-Orthodox coalition party, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, on the status of the Iranian nuclear program, in order to try to win over Shas government ministers' support for an attack.

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Information Clearing House has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is Information ClearingHouse endorsed or sponsored by the originator.)

Adele
A bit dodgy so will post a second source too.
Quote:Planned war on Iran and the General who said No!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:51PM GMT

The culprits, "militants," managed to escape undetected from the most sophisticatedly defended real estate on earth, the perimeter of Bagam Air Force Base. Lucky for them they attacked at night, a time when America's 5th generation night vision, ground radar and other detection systems were mysteriously disabled."

Today, General Dempsey, Chairman of America's Joint Chiefs of Staff, the man who flew to Tel Aviv and informed Netanyahu that America wanted no part of his scheming against Iran was the subject of an assassination attempt in Afghanistan.

This wasn't an act of terrorism or Taliban militants. It was a "mob hit" against someone who failed to kiss the feet of Netanyahu. His response was to unleash killers, not a fact for the public but a fact just the same, one the American military knows very well. Netanyahu has a problem with "hubris."

The culprits, "militants," managed to escape undetected from the most sophisticatedly defended real estate on earth, the perimeter of Bagam Air Force Base. Lucky for them they attacked at night, a time when America's 5th generation night vision, ground radar and other detection systems were mysteriously disabled.

The rocket detection systems, early warning blimps with ground penetrating synthetic aperture radar and the continual coverage by UAV drones using infrared detection, $2 billion in technology on this one perimeter alone, cost the plane of America's top military commander and wounds were sustained by two crew members.

Dempsey had just left Tel Aviv where he told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu the following:
"I may not know about all of [Israel's] capabilities, but I think that it's a fair characterization to say that they could delay but not destroy Iran's nuclear capabilities."
Dempsey then told waiting reporters:

"We compare intelligence, we discuss regional implications, and we've admitted to each other that our clocks are turning at different rates, we have to understand the Israelis; they live with a constant suspicion with which we do not have to deal."

There are those close to President Obama who don't accept the attack on Dempsey at face value, with a public admission by the Taliban of complicity. Such statements, which would certainly cost dearly in reprisals by the US, are most often found on Internet sites lacking a credible connection to any Islamic source.

To some Americans, the attack appears to be a reprisal against Dempsey who, out of coincidence, cited the motive in his own appraisal of Israel's judgment, their "constant suspicion."

News agencies buried the failed attack, knowing Dempsey is hated by Netanyahu and respected by the Taliban as both "truthful and fair."

Netanyahu longs for the days when General Myers held Dempsey's job, under Bush (43), both flawed and narcissistic, predictable puppets, the perfect fodder for Netanyahu's machinations.

Only two weeks ago, Presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney, returned from a trip overseas, coming back to America with $60 million dollars collected in Israel and Britain while accompanied by Casino boss Sheldon Adelson who's Las Vegas and China organizations have long been reputed to be the center of worldwide organized crime.

The business, gambling, drugs, prostitution, money laundering and now war, is seeking its own president and war on Iran is the only issue driving the American campaign.

Romney, as a state governor, was, if anything, to the "left" of President Obama. Romney's support of government health care and widespread gun controls run totally opposite to the core constituency of the Republican Party, the weapons lobby and the medical racketeers.

Romney has found, however, that, though it is illegal for any American candidate to accept money overseas, while overseas, from overseas, at home from those who are citizens of other countries, he feels himself above the law, in the sweet and motherly arms of the Israeli controlled American media.

Now drowning in illegal cash, much from London bankers, his most interesting catch was the private dinner he shared with the Tel Aviv "blood diamond" smugglers who donated up to $25 million dollars in one night.

Key to his financial successes is his lifelong history of working closely with organized crime. His investment company, Bain, was funded initially by cash infusion from El Salvador death squads many years ago. These investors are still at his side despite charges of mass murder and corruption.

Bain Capital is Romney's money laundering and tax avoidance company with thousands of secret bank accounts in "safe havens" around the world, invisible billions, hidden transactions, unseen profits and unseen "clients."
Now Romney has found the "mother of all causes," selling the promise of an American war, fought by Americans, financed by Americans, American dead, American blood, American collapse, a war demanded by, not Jews of the world but by organized crime groups operating through Israel's Likudist party, dominated by the Koch Brothers, American gasoline speculators, Sheldon Adelson, whose reputation would fill volumes and Rupert Murdoch, whose spy organization is now proven to have blackmailed three consecutive British government, well proven, and likely to have been even more successful in the United States, Germany, Canada, Australia and a dozen other nations.
Most embarrassing to both Russia and the United States has been the ability of criminal organizations to secure sanctions against Iran when both nations are burdened by official reports stating with comprehensive clarity that Iran has no nuclear program.

Even more embarrassing for Russia, who refused to veto sanctions as they did with Iran's ally Syria, is the fact that Iran's peaceful nuclear program is built, in near entirety on Russian technology, a Russian nuclear reactor and 3000 Russian technicians.

Statements by Obama directly contradict America's National Intelligence Estimate. The estimate stated that Iran has no nuclear program. Russia's Putin has similarly ignored, not just his own intelligence agencies but the fact that Russia is actually building Iran's reactor and has 3000 technicians in Iran, all of whom probably are not entirely deaf and blind.

Obama has no rational claim to ignorance. His behavior is like that of the playground, all the other children are eating dirt, he feels he has to do the same. In this case, however, when known falsehoods likely to end in a destructive war are agreed to out of fear of retaliation by a former furniture salesman (Netanyahu) or gambling boss, the real importance of the presidency comes into doubt.

A problem no one will mention, is the behavior of Putin in Tel Aviv, backing Netanyahu's claims of Iran's violation of voluntary agreements based on no facts other than the statements of one of the world best known pathological liars. What does the failed furniture salesman from Philadelphia have on Uncle Vladimir?

Neither leader has dealt with the simple fact, Iran has the right to build anything it wants for any reason it wishes.

Similarly, the United States, under Bush, both withdrew from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty of 1972 and withdrew from participation in the International Criminal Court at The Hague.
The latter, the withdrawal from the court, is a veritable admission of complicity in war crimes with key U.S. officials facing indictment and arrest across the globe.

Were one to be honest, the entire Bush administration is under a privileged form of "house arrest" as is Britain's Tony Blair. All face criminal proceedings and continually make plans to travel but end up cancelling, sometimes out of public outcry for justice or to actually avoid arrest.

Despite his pronouncements, even with an election upcoming and the need to parrot childish threats in order to please the Israeli press a prerequisite, Obama has made it clear he will not attack Iran. It is time the public realizes that by opposing war and running against Romney, an agent of a hostile foreign power and longtime organized crime affiliate, the president and those around him are at great risk.

The carefully choreographed and very public attempt on the life of General Dempsey is a greeting card from the Adelson/Romney/Netanyahu camp.

Several appropriate responses, RSVPs as it were, come to mind, some partially fatal. Is an American president really the leader of the free world, as we so often say, if any "two bit thug" can dictate policy?

Despite that position, Obama controls well over 80% of the Jewish vote in the United States where, as pointed out in an earlier article, studies have shown only 4% of Jewish voters in America feel Iran is any threat to Israel.

A critical part of understanding organized crime requires the study of its origins, particularly in America, during the 19th century.

While London, from the earliest days of what America had believed to be freedom from British rule, in actuality ran America's economy, and was, itself, subjected to rule by continental bankers.

Britain, the colonizer of the world was, itself, no more than a client of the Bauer/Rothschild group who underwrote the British pound.

The real criminal groups running American politics developed from among the immigrant gangs that settled America's cities. There were German, Irish, Italian and Jewish gangs. All that survive now are the remnants of the Mafia, the Jewish gangs who now run Washington and Wall Street and the new threats from Kosovo and Albania, the latest round of criminal immigration into America.

With the full cooperation of FBI Director Hoover, tasked with protecting America from criminal organizations, the government stood aside while every aspect of American life, every necessity from water to electricity to medicine, leaving nothing out, came under assault by criminal groups grown fat on profiteering from war, narcotics and, during the Prohibition years, the sale of illegal alcohol.

For decades, America's media has been tasked with blaming all ills on Italian Americans and corrupt trade unions while America has been little but a colony of key European banking families who created wars, suppressed technologies, manipulated currencies, raised and crushed stock markets and national economies and, in the end, became as a hydra, the multi-headed beast of Greek mythology, ruling all.

What drew Adelson, Romney and even Putin to Israel at this critical time as the world sits on the brink of nuclear war over Syria is simple. We are again reminded of Putin's visit to Israel.

No Israeli citizen was spoken to, no public concerns were addressed, no, a visit to Israel is a visit to the "safe haven" for worldwide organized crime that controls and manages the vast and endless wealth of the Russian continent as easily as it runs Britain or dances its Washingtonian puppets into discarding laws and traditions and becoming a surrogate bully, not for a nation but for an international criminal conspiracy.

The language of politics must be replaced with the language of crime as the solutions to what are misconstrued as political problems are and have long been responses to the depredations of criminal organizations.

It isn't as though Iran were the only target, simply the public target where control of the United Nations Security Council can be exercised, a demonstration of the raw power of evil.

The mistake made by so many is to use principles of geopolitics to describe the world condition, the continual entropy, the centralization of wealth and the rapid deterioration of human rights as wars rage without end.

Even the educated classes, searching for patterns and rationales to explain how 2000 trillion dollars represented by "derivative debt" could encumber all the world's currencies, a staggering amount created by an unseen hand through a process none have yet been able to describe.

Debt, or as it is known in criminal circles as "loan sharking," is the business of the world. Controlling currencies was not enough, thus controlled governments, bribed, threatened, blackmailed and bought looked away while the wealth and hope of a hundred generations was stolen overnight, a few lines of text, a few entries on computers and generations of our progeny are changed, in that moment, from citizens of the world to "useless eaters," as Henry Kissinger would describe them.

Armies may march, air forces may bomb, drones may attack but none of this is war or politics, nor has it been for centuries. This is where we went awry. We chose to play chess while our opponents simply put a pistol on the table and emptied our pockets.
America is living this today, as it looks on an upcoming election. The very few can escape the packaged news, scripted in Hollywood or Washington or Tel Aviv, our political life is a theatrical production, a comic tragedy without the Shakespearean irony.

This is a government that Sheldon Adelson, the man who believes he will be America's real next president, believes he can take to war, a systematic conquest of the Middle East and Central Asia, done for the criminal elements some call Israel, done, quite simply, to prove the power of evil over good.http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/08/22/...DT0bsHiZcS

Quote:Rocket damages US general's plane
  • August 22, 2012 11:40AM

AN insurgent rocket attack damaged the plane of the top US military general as it sat parked at a coalition base in Afghanistan today, dealing another blow to the image of progress in building a stable country as foreign forces work to wind down the 10-year-old war.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the two rockets that landed near the C-17 transport plane that US Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, flew into Bagram Air Field north of Kabul on a day earlier. The claim was an attempt by the insurgents to score more propaganda points in what has been a deadly few weeks for the international coalition in Afghanistan.
Jamie Graybeal, a spokesman for the US military and the international coalition, said Dempsey was in his staff quarters when the two rockets landed and was unhurt in the attack. But the damage to the plane forced Dempsey to use another aircraft for his flight from Bagram to Iraq today.
Two aircraft maintenance workers were lightly wounded by shrapnel, and a nearby helicopter was damaged, Graybeal said.
Dempsey was in Afghanistan for talks with military leaders about the war as well as a disturbing rash of killings of US military trainers by their Afghan partners or militants dressed in Afghan uniform.
Such turncoat attacks - which the Taliban also said they are behind - killed 10 Americans in the last two weeks alone, threatening morale and raising questions about the strategy to train Afghan security forces so they can fight the insurgency after foreign troops end their combat role in 2014.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid issued a statement today claiming Dempsey's aircraft was targeted by insurgents "using exact information" about its whereabouts.
Graybeal, however, rejected the claim, saying insurgent rocket and mortar attacks are "not infrequent" at Bagram and that such fire most often comes from so far away that it's virtually impossible to hit specific targets.
Pentagon spokeswoman Maj. Cathy Wilkinson also denied the strike was aimed specifically at Dempsey's plane. "Indirect fire at Bagram is not unusual, so we don't believe his aircraft was targeted."
Bagram, a sprawling complex that covers about 21sqkm and houses tens of thousands of troops, is about an hour's drive north of Kabul, and usually serves as the first point of entrance for US officials visiting the country.
It is the hub for military operations in the east of the country and the largest US base in Afghanistan.
During his visit, Dempsey met with US Afghan commander Gen. John Allen in Kabul and also with a number of senior Afghan and coalition leaders.
Among the topics was the escalating number of "insider attacks" in which Afghan security forces or militants dressed in Afghan uniform turn their guns on coalition military trainers. Once an anomaly, the number of such attacks has been climbing in recent months. There have been 32 of them so far this year, up from 21 for all of 2011, according to NATO.
Taliban supreme leader Mullah Mohammad Omar last week said the killings were the result of an insurgent campaign of infiltration, though NATO has said it's too early to tell if the attacks were related to the insurgency or caused by personal disputes turned deadly.
The Taliban also claimed to have shot down a US military helicopter that crashed during a firefight with insurgents in a remote area of southern Afghanistan on Thursday, killing seven Americans and four Afghans on board.
US officials, however, said initial reports were that enemy fire was not involved in the crash.
Today's insurgent attack was the second this year to come uncomfortably close to a high-level US official visiting Afghanistan.
In March, an attacker tried to ram a car into a delegation waiting to greet US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta at Bastion Air Field in southern Afghanistan as his C-17 taxied toward the landing ramp. US defense officials said Panetta was never in any danger, but if the attacker had waited just a few more minutes, Panetta's plane would have been at the ramp.

Another attack, this time at the entrance of Bagram, struck in 2007 as then-Vice President Dick Cheney visited Afghanistan. The suicide attacker did not penetrate the gates of the base but at least 23 people were killed in the blast.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Adele Edisen Wrote:Peter,

We just can't get rid of our neo-con war-mongers. Would the Israels, who do not want war with Iran, refuse to fight, do you think?

We might have to do it, but we cannot afford it with our massive national debt from previous wars.
I wonder it the American people are yet tired of war?

If Israel makes a first strike, would we not follow up? Or would we make the first strike?
Just before or just after the election would be a very critical time, before a new Congress is seated,
during the lame-duck period with all those Tea Party pro-war members still in power until January.

Well, Iran has good rich sources of oil... And, we'd have another foothold in the Middle East...

Now's the time for Obama to earn his Nobel Peace Prize.

Random thoughts flying through my mind.

Adele

I agree the dangers now and just after election are very real. This war will not be like the 'others' and easily could go nuclear and worldwide...within days, even hours at some tipping point event. In the USA and Israel there are people who don't want war, but by and large those that DO are in power and have their fingers on the buttons, figuratively and literally. Sorry to sadly say, I don't have the faith you seem to in some latent moral fortitude in Obama - that he'd fight the hawks in the USA and in Israel and just say NO!...or else. Certainly not before the election and I can't see it after, either. I'd like to be wrong. It seems to me the rest of the World, especially Europe are our last best hope for saying 'don't you dare' behind the scenes, but even there I'm not very optimistic. Americans should be sick of war - should have been after WW2; more so after Korea and Vietnam...but look at what propaganda can do and we are STILL having about one per year - some big, some smaller. I don't think the US would strike first. Israel easily could thinking that the USA would be obligated to back them up and not leave them defenseless [unless they used their nuclear weapons and wiped out most of the Arab lands]....which brings us to the Armageddon scenario, as Pakistan and perhaps even Russia and China will not stand by idly. Were Pakistan to fire, India would, and pop goes the weasel. IF any non-nation groups have nukes or dirty nukes, they'd use them. The scenario is so dangerous and so unstable, as to be insane to even approach it. Say bye-bye. No more Iranian nuclear program potential, and no more life on Earth to speak of....except cockroaches, bacteria, and a few living humans who would envy the dead. I'm worried. Very worried. If Obama wants to win his gold star he had best start speaking out loudly and publicly about no nuclear war on his watch....but as I said, its not a vote winner - sadly and insanely! Also, those who have the most to gain from wars generally seem to have Obama [and most others in the beltway] on a short leash. Perhaps one with an electric collar.
I know the military is not monolithic in either country. While there certainly exist the Curtis Le Mays and Dr Strangeloves in both countries not everyone is suicidal and there also exist pockets of sanity with in the beast. Will they be in positions to stop or direct events once in train? I don't really know but sure hope so. We have seen evidence of their work in the past (Minot AB comes to mind). Israel has the most to lose casualty and territorially speaking since they are in the middle of the bee hive and it is an all or nothing gamble. Are they feeling lucky? The USA is a whole continent and ocean away and may feel they have more options and can always choose isolationism. Which would be quite a relief to many where they are unwelcome and so much of the problem. It was the wrong set of dominoes they were worried about before.....
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Wed, August 22, 2012 6:37:41 PM
Israeli Threats to Wage War on Iran and the U.S. Elections

Israeli Threats to Wage War on Iran and the U.S. Elections
Selected Articles
By Julie Lévesque

Global Research, August 22, 2012

URL of this article: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?c...&aid=32451

For more than ten years, Western public opinion has been led to believe, without any hard evidence, that Iran constitutes a threat to global security.

In the context of the U.S.-led "Global War on Terror", this propaganda has been intensified, with various attempts to link Iran to 9/11, as well as to other terrorist attacks targeting Israelis in various countries and for which "Iran-backed Hezbollah" was held responsible, again without hard evidence.

In addition, the idea hammered by the Western mainstream media that Iran is developing nuclear weapons, is also based on assumptions rather than hard facts. In turn, Israel's nuclear arsenal is never mentioned.

As Ismail Salami notes:

According to a report by Reuters, the US, European allies and even Israel generally agree on three things about Iran's nuclear program: 1. Tehran does not have a bomb; 2. It has not decided to build one, and 3. It is probably years away from having a deliverable nuclear warhead. (Dr. Ismail Salami, Washington Eyes Iran: "Proxy War" through Israel)

The "Iranian threat" played a major role in the 2008 elections: we may recall John McCain's infamous travesty of a Beach Boys classic "Bomb Bomb Iran"? The 2012 U.S. elections will again set the stage for anti-Iran propaganda with Israel's threats of a "preemptive attack" on the Islamic Republic.

But who is using who? Is Israel using the U.S. to drag its military into another war or is Netanyahu a "U.S. Political proxy?"

Michel Chossudovsky explains:

The issue is not whether Washington will grant a green light to Israel before the US elections as conveyed by the the Israeli media.

The fundamental question is twofold.

1. Who at the political level decides on launching this war? Washington or Tel Aviv?

2.Who are the economic powers elites which overshadow the political process in both the US and Israel?

Israel is a de facto US military outpost in the Middle East. US and Israeli command structures are integrated, with close consultations between the Pentagon and Israel's Ministry of Defense. Reported last January, a large number of US troops are to be stationed in Israel. Joint war games between the US and Israel are also envisaged. (Michel Chossudovsky, Israel's War Plans to Attack Iran "Before the US Elections")

According to a recent poll, a majority of Jewish Israelis "believe that it would be a mistake for Israel to attack Iran without US support. 61% oppose a unilateral attack, while only 27% support it." (Michael Carmichael, Poll: Majority of Jewish Israelis oppose attack on Iran)

For Kourosh Ziabari, the war on Iran is already underway:

Economic sanctions, psychological warfare, media propaganda, threats and assassinations; what other sort of evidence one may need to believe that the United States, Israel and their European allies have already started their much liked war against Iran and that this unjustifiable war is taking its toll on the innocent, ordinary Iranian citizens? (Kourosh Ziabari, The War on Iran is Already Underway?)

Here is a list of selected articles on this hot topic.

Israel's War Plans to Attack Iran "Before the US Elections"
- by Michel Chossudovsky - 2012-08-21

Washington Eyes Iran: "Proxy War" through Israel
- by Dr. Ismail Salami - 2012-08-19

The Coming Israeli Dictatorship
- by Devon DB - 2012-08-19

An Israeli October Surprise for Obama?
An attack on Iran before a U.S. election with the goal of dooming the incumbent president?
- by Robert Parry - 2012-08-18

Netanyahu's Secret War Plan: Leaked Document Outlines Israel's "Shock and Awe" Plan to Attack Iran
- by Richard Silverstein - 2012-08-16

Israel's Bomb Iran' Timetable
- by Ray McGovern - 2012-08-13

The War on Iran is Already Underway?
- by Kourosh Ziabari - 2012-08-11

Poll: Majority of Jewish Israelis oppose attack on Iran
- by Michael Carmichael - 2012-08-16

Peaceful Action Urged on Iran Crisis: Appeal to Non-Aligned Leaders Meeting in Tehran
- by Veterans for Peace - 2012-08-21

US Steps Up Sanctions, Says Iran Violates International Obligations
What Are International Obligations?
- by Danny Schechter - 2012-08-06

Iran and Everything Else
- by Michael Parenti - 2012-08-06

Israel, US Warmongers Bent on Brewing Iran Crisis
- by Dr. Ismail Salami - 2012-07-29

GLOBAL RESEARCH | PO Box 55019 | 11 Notre-Dame Ouest | Montreal | QC | H2Y 4A7 | Canada

Adele

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RUSSIA'S WAR ON ITSELF Lauren Johnson 14 1,739 24-08-2023, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  US/NATO WAR ON RUSSIA GOES HOT Lauren Johnson 5 3,235 16-07-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Fred Steeves
  Syria: The New Suez Attack by France, UK and Israel also Fails David Guyatt 1 10,661 25-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Was the Berlin Bombing a NATO Style Strategy of Tension Action? David Guyatt 1 10,640 20-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Trump's Quiet Outreach to Russia David Guyatt 0 11,886 15-03-2017, 03:47 PM
  War Chick Clinton Pledges a Wider War with Russia David Guyatt 0 5,373 11-10-2016, 09:29 AM
  Syria - Israel, The Elephant in the Room? David Guyatt 0 5,039 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
  Georgia - the New "Old" Flashpoint for War with Russia David Guyatt 1 5,515 13-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Ukraine to declare war on Russia? Lauren Johnson 7 18,269 20-08-2016, 12:17 PM
  Russia equivocates in Syria, Iran is confused and al-Qaeda takes the initiative Lauren Johnson 3 5,339 12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman