Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why "Left Gatekeeping" is the single biggest obstacle to making JFK research "actionable intelligenc
THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL ACADEMIC COMPLEX AND NOAM CHOMSKY'S CURIOUS USE OF SOURCES FOR HIS LATEST LEFT-GATEKEEPING DECONTEXTUALIZATION OF JFK AND THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS.
"Chomsky's reliance on Raymond Garthorf on this is kind of like relying on the old East Germany to evaluate their Olympic swimming team, and just as disturbing a proposition. Garforth is a fellow at the faux left Brooking Institute. "Former" CIA employees jumping to Brookings include Bruce Reidel and Kenneth Pollack, with others having close association with high CIA officials."-- Greg Parker on the recent Noam Chomsky article about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Another key source is, IMO, no less dubious: Piero Gleijeses is, like Garthorf also a Beltway Historian, i.e. a professor at one of the D.C. area universities that function as an academic quarter-way house for bureaucrats "formerly" from the national security state. He teaches at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Similar schools include Georgetown and The Miller Center At U Virginia, the latter being the CIA carwash that employed Philip Zelikow, top dog of the government's 9/11 non-investigation. Chomsky also mentions a much better historian, Sheldon Stern, author of Averting The Final Failure, a book that transcribes the Cuban Missile Crisis Excom meetings inside the Kennedy White House. In that book Stern makes note of some very significant mistakes that Zelikow, Naftali, and May of the Miller Center make in their earlier book of Missile Crisis tapes transcription. All of their mistakes are to the detriment of JFK.

But back to Gleijeses. I was required to read his book Conflicting Missions: Havana, Washington and Africa for a grad class at City College a few years ago. Having already read tons of original documents, and secondary sources on Kennedy's relations with the CIA, I was amazed at how one sided his writing was: on every single aspect of Cuba policy Gleijeses may as well have been writing copy for the CIA version of events. The background he gave was similarly one sided. It was Cherry Picking of a decidedly North Virginia, "Miller time" variety.

Funny thing happened as soon as Gleijeses gets Che out of Cuba and far away in Africa. Suddenly Gleijeses is giving a very positive portrait of Che in Africa and a seemingly critical view of CIA policy in Congo and elsewhere. Of couse Gleijeses leaves out the most important aspects of Congo policy, in which JFK was working with the UN while the CIA was more aligned with the Dutch and French in Katanga. The idea that the CIA was not under the control of the President is a priori anathema to any academic who wants a job in the United States of the National Security State in 2012. Isn't that the marketing pattern of today's "left" and its feeders from Langley: in exchange for completely distorting the history of the national security state at the last fork in the road before the Vietnam war made it ossified and beyond oversight... here is your Che tee shirt kids! By such quid pro quo marketing do today's publishable ""leftists"" move us further right, one foundation grant at a time.

I urge all readers to order Stern's new book. From the product description I would be very surprised if Noam's sampling of it is in the least representative. His book Averting the Final Failure is a must, for it shows just how hard JFK had to struggle to control a permanent military and intelligence bureaucracy that was showing open contempt for civilian control. That conflict between military and elected politicians no longer exists, but once it did. Noam Chomsky is presented as the leading US spokesman for the left, only to the extent that he smothers this historic moment. Is it any wonder that the left is so successful these days? You will, perhaps, excuse me as I need to get back to the barricades.
If Chomsky wanted to do some good he would campaign for Bradley Manning or Sirhan Sirhan. The fact he spends his effort maligning JFK in a historically inaccurate way bespeaks the Unspeakable and a false nation.

HuffPo is just another attractive hydra head.
Nate, I ordered the book. Thanks for the tip.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
ON LEFT-GATEKEEPING: THE NATION MAGAZINE, THE CIA,AND THE FAMOUS 1988 NATION ARTICLES ON GEORGE BUSH IN DALLAS
"It was not until years after writing for The Nation that I learned that my rewrite man, the well-known biographer of Theodore Dreiser and later Sinclair Lewis, had a background in intelligence himself. Richard Lingeman was a Special Agent with the U.S. Army Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) from 1954 through 1956. ....

Another Nation staff member, a person I met while working out of the magazines Washington office to do further Bush research in the summer of 1988, had significant CIA connections and actually inserted in my article a disclaimer about Bush's CIA past from Richard Helms, the former deputy director of plans for the CIA and on one of the prime suspects in the Kennedy Assassination...This same Nation staffer even called another former CIA director, William Colby, the man who was replaced by Bush in that post after Colby released too many of the agency's "family jewels" about its involvements in assassinations an other crimes, a new tendency toward openness that Bush's appointment was supposed to curtail. Colby, who headed the CIA's notorious assassination and torture operation in Vietnam called Pheonix Program, also predictably said he didn't know anything about Bush's prior CIA service, but that claim was not included in the nation article, perhaps because it might have seemed like overkill to enlist both Colby and Helms to try to discredit this revelation" --Into The Nightmare, p. 353.http://www.amazon.com/Into-Nightmare-Kil...1939795257

I wonder if this nation staffer was Nation Associate Editor Frances Fitzgerald, the daughter of CIA's Desmond Fitzgerald. "Dizzyfits" was at the center of the CIA 11/22/63 Paris meeting regarding the disinformation plot to link RFK CIA's autonomous and ongoing assassination plots against Fidel Castro. Re said allegations see what Castro himself says about the Kennedy's and Cuba in his 11/23/1963 speech and also later comments re JFK and RFK. Also see the books collectively called the Cuba Project written by Fabian Escalente, Castro's head of security. Noam Chomsky endorsed these books, but virtually nothing of their content emerges in Chomsky's own writings re JFK and Cuba.

The CIA was on its own. It still is. That's what the JFK stuff is really about. And you can post all the Snowden you want, but as long as the lie of Checks and balances is still the only common denominator of 310 million americans we are ceding the public sphere, and nothing will ever change.

Look at what reaches 10,000 people and contrast it with what reaches 310 million. Careers are made in that discrepancy, but so is fascism.
Hi Nathan....

I think I finally am getting where you are going....

Was going thru my old hard copies of things and found email conversations (late '99) between Salandria and others about the real reasons CHOMSKY was so defensive about the JFK WCR conclusion... what they seem to be saying is that since the assassination hinges on Vietnam, and CHOMSKY states there is nothing to indicate JFK was ending the war there or removing the 1000 advisors... he keeps the debate outside the evidence and obvious cover-up and keeps in in an area that is debated without resolution.

Vince is amazed since he and his friends are in agreement with CHOMSKY in most every other area.

Is there still some argument over what JFK was doing in Vietnam ???

"OUR DECISION" to remove troops https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archi...PageId=396

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5568[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK asks NOT to announce 1000 men home for xmas 63.jpg (Size: 40.23 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   JFK - OUR decision to remove troops.jpg (Size: 9.43 KB / Downloads: 99)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
I have had this conversation so many times. I have many leftist friends who adore this guy. Some are very conspiracy aware and "forgive" him on JFK and 9-11 without "getting it".
I have also found the left to be totally ignorant on these matters. Purposefully so. Who cares attitude. Guys like Chomsky are either CIA or are being denied a paycheck for doing the Company's bidding.

Dawn
Dawn Meredith Wrote:I have had this conversation so many times. I have many leftist friends who adore this guy. Some are very conspiracy aware and "forgive" him on JFK and 9-11 without "getting it".
I have also found the left to be totally ignorant on these matters. Purposefully so. Who cares attitude. Guys like Chomsky are either CIA or are being denied a paycheck for doing the Company's bidding.

Dawn

Yes Dawn, yet CHOMSKY still pulls heavily and influences MANY, especially the thinkers and intellectuals.... As you read Vince's emails he is truly puzzled and comes to the same conclusion you mention above.

A question for the group....

Why aren't there more international authors/researchers/historians addressing the subject? or maybe they are and I'm simply not aware...

It would seem to me that any other country our there would relish the chance to expose the CIA/ONI/FBI/SS/MICC etc.....

DJ
R. Hunter
David, I think part of the reason is 1) censorship and 2) new modes of academic fashion that made analyzing the Military Industrial Congressional Complex unfashionable.

As an example--one among millions possible-- lets look at the discoveries of Bill Kelly re Collins Radio and their role in Dallas, Air Force One , Vietnam and the the CIA's Indonesian Genocide (the last connection is made by Douglass not Kelley)

Now today this sort of article would be confined to very small circulation sites. Was this always the case? Wasn't there a time -- say late 1960s to mid seventies -- when this grey area between corporations and government was investigated way more by media and ALSO considered the proper domain of the left?

Not anymore.

How and why did that change happen?

Marketing.

Similar shifts have happened in academia to change what was once considered the rational domain of the left from public expenditures involving the MICC to culture wars. Leading writers on left sites, some of which are excellent like Glen Ford, are seemingly lobotomized when it comes to their writing about the the JFK and RFK. MLK is permissible exception because if feeds into the wealth of division, but this , ironically misses the reason that the National Security State had him assassinated: the coalition politics he threatened with his Vietnam activism and his poor people's campaign. That is never mentioned in academia anymore.

We have a fake left, and have had one for a long time. They often write great stuff, but it is quid pro quo and the quo is never again looking at the National Security State AS A SYSTEM, the way the left did in the 1960's and 70s. If you read, say, a book about the Brazil Coup of 1964 published in 1977 there will be all kinds of references to CIA and military intel. Not one published in 1985 or later.
Playing both sides has always been SOP for retaining and expanding power and wealth...

Man likes to repeat successful ventures until they become unsuccessful.. and even then....

As presented in "None Dare" there is virtually no depths to which those in control would go to retain it... nor would they venture far from injecting their human weaknesses into the process.

ONE VOICE, MANY DIALECTS

As more and more of the pearl is created to cover up that one disgusting piece of dirt at the center, so it is with the world as "we" see it (compared to those who see it as it truly is)

That the left/right/middle are all directed by the same people is no longer a surprise.
The game is owned and fixed from the start... while they MARKET freedom and America... I

'm with you Nathan..not everything is done by design but we can be sure the taking advantage of self-made events or the accidental ones is by design.

Not only a FAKE LEFT, We have a fake EVERYTHING.... and are more concerned with counting the dead and finding the body parts than understanding what is going on.

How many years did it take for THEM to get US to think, "Oh, just another school shooting, how sad but that's where we are now - nothing we can really do about it other than a police state, and we dont want that.... yet"

So instead of taking all the ammunition away, let's give the teachers, students, and crossing guards Uzis.

{sigh}

The biggest obstacle is the defense of the "LIE", at all costs and for all time.... does not really matter over the years, decades, centuries... who is sitting in those chairs crafting it, the LIE remains the same.

"It's all a dream we dreamed, one afternoon, long ago"

Look out of any window
any morning, any evening, any day
Maybe the sun is shining
birds are winging or
rain is falling from a heavy sky -
What do you want me to do,
to do for you to see you through?

this is all a dream we dreamed
one afternoon long ago
It's just a b[B]ox of rain[/B]
I don't know who put it there
Believe it if you need it
or leave it if you dare

But it's just a box of rain
or a ribbon for your hair
Such a long long time to be gone
and a short time to be there

Box of Rain - R Hunter
R. Hunter
Chomsky once "joked" that his salary has been paid by the
military-industrial complex since 1955, i.e., the year he
started working for MIT. Freud observed that there is no
such thing as a joke. And as Upton Sinclair noted, "It is
difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
depends on his not understanding it."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim Hargrove Chooses Politics Over Good Research Brian Doyle 0 171 12-01-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The JFK Research Community Is Responsible For This Brian Doyle 0 249 28-11-2023, 04:48 PM
  Roger Odisio Plants Credibility Time Bomb At Heart Of CT Research Brian Doyle 6 798 14-08-2023, 02:23 PM
  How The Education Forum Destroyed Credible JFK Research Brian Doyle 8 1,019 09-07-2023, 09:35 PM
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 463 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  EXCELLENT Research on LHO & Ruth Hyde Paine [and family] - Linda Minor Peter Lemkin 15 39,304 29-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  James DiEugenio, I have a single question, would you answer? Scott Kaiser 12 6,970 11-06-2019, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  JFK Research Methodology James Lateer 19 27,430 02-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Ray Marcus: The Left and the Death of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 3 4,041 22-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  The Left and the Death of Kennedy: Five Professors Jim DiEugenio 22 11,392 10-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio