Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Decline and Fall of Jim Fetzer
As some of you may remember, I was one of the few who defended Jim Fetzer during his continual troubles on this and other forums. His blustery personality diminished the often solid research he presented. I was in agreement with him on many things. When you keep going down these rabbit holes, you can wind up too far down to get out. Imho, this has happened to Jim Fetzer.

Since being banned from all these forums, Jim seems to have drifted further and further into "the Jews are behind everything' camp. This has always been an unfortunate byproduct of the alternative/conspiracy world. The "Paul is dead" stuff is baffling to me. I don't understand it, and it certainly helps discredit his other work. The problem I have here is the inference that some issues are too "far out" to explore. Where do we draw the line? Intellectual curiosity should be unlimited. If research is considered irresponsible or outlandish, then everyone is free to discount it. At this point, very few people in our dysfunctional little community have failed to adopt a stance on Jim Fetzer.

As for Sandy Hook, the official narrative is as impossible as almost all official narratives are. Here's an article about it from my blog: https://donaldjeffries.wordpress.com/201...-question/

Anyone who has studied the events of 9/11 and believes the official 19 crazed Arabs with box cutters and plastic knives story is akin to a Warren Report apologist. When you investigate these events, and find again and again that you've been lied to about them, it is indeed difficult to draw a line, and not become trapped in those rabbit holes. The people who lied to us about the JFK, RFK and MLK assassinations, Waco, Oklahoma City, 9/11 and so much more have no credibility. When events like Sandy Hook and the Boston Bombing happen, and are reported with such a transparent agenda, and zero journalistic zeal, the best of us can be drawn into thinking that nothing is real, and that crisis actors are everywhere.

I haven't communicated with Jim Fetzer in years. In fact, he has never mentioned my book or contacted me about it. So I am not defending a friend here. Jim Fetzer is over 75 years old. He seems to thrive on controversy and being vilified by others. If I was an armchair psychologist, I would guess his stubborn nature has propelled him to seek out ever more "extreme" issues and opinions to endorse. He probably loves all the criticism. Or maybe he is a disinfo agent. We know they exist, but I've always refrained from focusing on them, since this is something that can never be proven. I would really not be surprised if he jumped on the Flat Earth bandwagon.

The reason why I find all debates over photo analysis ultimately unproductive is the subjective nature of human interpretation. Jim Fetzer unfortunately chose, years ago, to base much of his work on just these kinds of photographic debates. It's easy to be drawn into a belief that everything is fake, once we realize that the JFK autopsy photos and x-rays, for instance, must be fake. As I advised him more than once, there is a myriad of compelling evidence out there proving conspiracy, without these pointless debates over shadowy figures in photos or alleged alteration of the Zapruder film.

There are many possibilities here. Perhaps Jim Fetzer is just suffering from some kind of early stage dementia. Maybe he's just honestly mistaken about some things. He could have turned into a true anti-semite, which has influenced his entire perspective. Or maybe he's somehow right and we're all wrong. Very few people on this or any other JFK forum remain interested in his work, so I'm really not sure why he continues to draw interest here. Jim Fetzer is a difficult personality, but the entire conspiracy world is full of difficult personalities.

Messages In This Thread
The Decline and Fall of Jim Fetzer - by Don Jeffries - 01-02-2016, 03:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DPF Bans Professor James H. Fetzer: The Rationale The Moderators 69 365,248 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  The Enemy Within: The Rise and Fall of the Alliance for Progress Jim DiEugenio 5 5,183 19-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  How JFK's murder brought about the decline of liberalism Bernice Moore 0 1,779 16-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  From James Fetzer's Group - for those interested Adele Edisen 5 3,625 08-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  Fetzer gets a listing in Urban Dictionary: 'Fetzering' is a term for talking balls. Seamus Coogan 83 21,703 26-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Last Post: John Mooney
  The Palamara, "Doyle," Fetzer, and Jeffries Dust-Ups: The Simple Reason Why Charles Drago 4 4,076 20-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Jim Fetzer - The Tehran Tiger -- Strikes Again Charles Drago 1 2,175 19-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Fetzer Deemed "Not Credible" by Morley and Bradford; Accused of Spreading "Misinformation" and "Disi Charles Drago 33 11,835 05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
  "Cinque," Fetzer, "Doyle" and the Tactics of Subversion Charles Drago 1 3,907 13-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Fetzer and guilt by association Greg Burnham 10 4,840 13-11-2012, 03:52 PM