Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fetzer and guilt by association
As most of you know, Jim Fetzer and I were once very close friends. This friendship began nearly two decades ago because we both were involved in several JFK seminars and conferences together. We remained close until I began to notice a pattern of disturbing behavior. While Jim has never been very accepting of the dissenting opinions of others, until recently he wasn't willing to abandon critical thinking in order to prove his point or best an opponent. Sure, sometimes he'd stretch it pretty thin, but not abandon it. However, that show of self-restraint apparently had been dwindling for quite some time. I missed its decline because I had not been visiting the forums for over 2 years and I wasn't a member of Lancer, the Education Forum (EF), or the Deep Politics Forum (DPF) where he regularly contributed.

When I joined EF at Jim's request, in order to share my impression of (and report the content of my interview with) Judyth Vary Baker, I witnessed a continuing pattern of disturbing behavior, namely: a growing disregard and indeed disdain for fellow researchers with whom he disagreed, irrespective of the good faith shown by select opposing researcher(s). I addressed this behavior in several private emails and telephone conversations with Jim to no avail. Eventually, we had a semi-public meltdown on the Education Forum, as I, like others before me, increasingly became a target of his ire.

Today, as the result not only of the personally insulting manner in which I was treated, but more importantly, due to his apparent complete disregard for the "rules of engagement" to which he once pledged allegiance, we have no contact at all beyond an occasional group email that he carbon copies to me. Having said that, I still wish him the best.

My current concern has to do with the health of the research community. Every once in a while an individual comes along that has a tremendous amount to offer toward the discovery of truth in the JFK assassination case. These rare individuals are able to help to bring about a unification of efforts between practitioners of disparate disciplines. Such leadership has the potential to ultimately yield corroborative results and profound discoveries. Jim Fetzer is, or at least once was, one such individual. His knowledge of the facts of the case is nearly encyclopedic in scope, his analytical ability second to none, and his ability to articulate the salient points is unmatched. His past contribution has been nothing less than outstanding. Emphasis on the word: past. It is for this reason that I am gravely concerned when I read the volumes of his recent writings.

I have rejected the unfounded claim by many in the mainstream media that those of us who study the history and politics of conspiracy are therefore conspiracy theorists. A conspiracy theorist offers speculation, a "theory" if you will, as to what happened. The authors of conspiracy theories share a universal trait: They are absolutely convinced of their theory to the exclusion of all else notwithstanding the discovery of evidence to the contrary. In the world of science and of law such a self-centered predilection is counterintuitive to the discovery of the truth.

Many of us in the research community have taken considerable care and have exerted great attention to this detail. It is all too easy to fall in love with one's own pet theory in a narcissistically delusional and ultimately self-defeating exercise in futility. Because we do not know exactly what happened, we should not claim to know exactly what happened. However, we DO know what did NOT happen. This is an important distinction. When it is demonstrable that not only is the official story false, but that the officials themselves knew that the story was false and continued to promote it: That is a deep political conspiracywith no "theory" involved.

I am not suggesting that a degree of healthy exploration is unwarranted. Indeed, go to where the evidence leads, but remain open minded. As a rule of thumb, a great researcher does not fall in love with the image of their conspiracy theory to the exclusion of compelling evidence to the contrary. Rather, compelling evidence--contrary or otherwise--should appropriately modify our beliefs. The most recent work by Jim Fetzer reflects his lack of willingness to consider evidence that runs contrary to his thesis. Instead, he dismisses inconvenient facts out of hand.

As the 50[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary rapidly approaches I regret that I find myself in the awkward position of having to publically denounce the recent work of Jim Fetzer in order to distance myself from it and not be unduly associated with it. This especially includes his: "Oswald was in the doorway after all!" … And much more.

I do not wish to trample on my former friend's reputation. I simply will not be associated with it or him any longer.

Greg Burnham
November 4, 2012
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)
I'm shocked Jim Fetzer hasn't responded to this thread, either here or on the EF. He seems to have disappeared from the forums. Does anyone have any idea if he is okay?
Don Jeffries Wrote:I'm shocked Jim Fetzer hasn't responded to this thread, either here or on the EF. He seems to have disappeared from the forums. Does anyone have any idea if he is okay?

I understand he's been seen just standing in the TSBD doorway, shaking his head.

:rofl:
David Josephs Wrote:
Don Jeffries Wrote:I'm shocked Jim Fetzer hasn't responded to this thread, either here or on the EF. He seems to have disappeared from the forums. Does anyone have any idea if he is okay?

I understand he's been seen just standing in the TSBD doorway, shaking his head.

:rofl:

Or maybe he's busy writing posts for "Albert."
Magda should check the IP addresses as he was in San Francisco recently.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

Greg Burnham Wrote:Magda should check the IP addresses as he was in San Francisco recently.

Greg... doubtful the man has the time for this level of bs.... but there are MANY minions... not too hard to dumb down for a bit, until provoked...

Aspergers? like Parker's explanation for Oswald?

DJ
Again, this should be easy to check. I don't know where Doyle lives, but it's doubtful he and Fetzer live in the same area. If not, their IP addresses should reveal a distinction between them quite clearly.

Unless you're willing to theorize that both Doyle and Fetzer are intelligence operatives, and not real posters on internet forums (or, in Fetzer's case, an author and rather high profile figure in both the JFK assassination and 911 research communities), then these allegations are irresponsible and only serve to diminish your credibility.
Don Jeffries Wrote:Again, this should be easy to check. I don't know where Doyle lives, but it's doubtful he and Fetzer live in the same area. If not, their IP addresses should reveal a distinction between them quite clearly.

Unless you're willing to theorize that both Doyle and Fetzer are intelligence operatives, and not real posters on internet forums (or, in Fetzer's case, an author and rather high profile figure in both the JFK assassination and 911 research communities), then these allegations are irresponsible and only serve to diminish your credibility.

Don,

Put on your deep politics thinking cap. And while you're at it, check past posts on this thread. You'll save yourself a whole lot of embarrassment.

What stops one or more individuals posting over the "Albert Doyle" signature from e-mailing or otherwise transmitting their copy to the historic "Albert Doyle," "who" then would post them here from "his" traceable, consistent e-mail address?

Your reasoning, in terms of your either/or alternatives, is laughable. Have you learned nothing from our shared labors in the deep politics theater of operations?

Examine the evidence. And as far as your own credibility is concerned: Do not attempt to dissect this operation with so dull an instrument as your perceptions as they are herein revealed.

Charles
Don Jeffries Wrote:Again, this should be easy to check. I don't know where Doyle lives, but it's doubtful he and Fetzer live in the same area. If not, their IP addresses should reveal a distinction between them quite clearly.

While I'm a bit 'surprised' at the turn some of JFs posts and apparent lines of 'reasoning' have taken of late, I don't believe he is an agent. He's done lots of good work, and was one of the main supporters I had when I was being crucified at the EF. I don't have an explanation - many are possible. That said, IP addresses can easily be changed or faked, if desired using VPN and other software. I wish Jim well and hope he recovers back to his former self. Doyle I know not. I do see the outlines of a change in posting style, but wonder if that is conclusive. Let us not let paranoia divert us from our goals. A few other researchers I could mention have 'strayed'....some returned...some never came back...some could have been sleepers, some were duped or bought out, others might have had organic changes in their thinking, others might have been impersonated. This subject matter is important enough for the Big Boys to get involved and tamper with posts, emails and people. Strange things can happen to people even without such. Keep focused on the goals and try to push to the side those sheep who seem lost at this time.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
For the record: I have never said, implied, argued, or suggested that Jim Fetzer is any kind of agent. Don Jeffries is the first person to bring such a ridiculous claim to this forum even if by way of refutation.
GO_SECURE

monk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DPF Bans Professor James H. Fetzer: The Rationale The Moderators 69 361,505 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  The Decline and Fall of Jim Fetzer Jim DiEugenio 132 66,251 18-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  CTKA's review of Survivor's Guilt Jim DiEugenio 26 6,107 21-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Last Post: LR Trotter
  From James Fetzer's Group - for those interested Adele Edisen 5 3,385 08-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  Fetzer gets a listing in Urban Dictionary: 'Fetzering' is a term for talking balls. Seamus Coogan 83 19,190 26-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Last Post: John Mooney
  The Palamara, "Doyle," Fetzer, and Jeffries Dust-Ups: The Simple Reason Why Charles Drago 4 3,787 20-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Jim Fetzer - The Tehran Tiger -- Strikes Again Charles Drago 1 2,041 19-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Fetzer Deemed "Not Credible" by Morley and Bradford; Accused of Spreading "Misinformation" and "Disi Charles Drago 33 10,641 05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  "Cinque," Fetzer, "Doyle" and the Tactics of Subversion Charles Drago 1 3,736 13-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  James H. Fetzer - Wikipedia NOT James H. Fetzer 2 4,015 04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle